Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I´m looking for a good casual friendly MMO

Comments

• AncrionAncrion Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Ancrion said:
    Ancrion said:
    EQ2,LOTRO,ASTA,Wildstar and Riders of Icarus perhaps?
    Asta and EQ2 are great games, but I think there are not many players, are there?

Wildsar is in my opinion not so casual friendly.
    ASTA is nearly a ghost town but the players that do play are a pretty good bunch of people. EQ2 has a healthy enough population but it is falling as Daybreak splinters the community with every decision they make. Still the amount of content is staggering and it is able to be played casually. You can do agnostics and level with others easy enough in the game on the F2P servers.
    I play Wildstar casually.
    I got a lvl 50 in Wildstar, I dont like it sooo much,

Can you give me the link to EQ2 pls? On the homepage i have found the last news is over a year ago
    https://www.everquest2.com/home

Thank you, I will give it a try
    Ancrion said:
    Someone other ideas?
    World of Warcraft... It has a long future, imho...
    what do you think about final fantasy 14?
  • Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Never played it.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    WoW has those invasions now which give good gear and good gold for selling old gear.  Once your character hits 10 then just find and do invasions, lots of XP.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

WoW has those invasions now which give good gear and good gold for selling old gear.  Once your character hits 10 then just find and do invasions, lots of XP.  
    so you would recommend wow more than gw2 to me?
  • Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    I dont play GW2 any more. I play WoW. It has a bright future. New expansion in a few weeks.
    Ancrion said:
    If money is not a problem I would play WoW.  I prefer GW2 because it doesn't have a sub.  Both are fun.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited August 2016
    Ancrion said:
    If money is not a problem I would play WoW.  I prefer GW2 because it doesn't have a sub.  Both are fun.
    yea - i will think about it a few days:)
    Ancrion said:
    Ancrion said:
    yea - i will think about it a few days:)
    No worries mate.  Whatever you decide I wish you fun and adventure.  :-)

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    "Also 50 cents a day aint much don't worry about trying to get your moneys worth by playing often."

Insurance empires have been built off the "its just pennies a day" mentality
  • pythonlabspythonlabs Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Ancrion said:

what do you think about final fantasy 14?
    It's beautiful and I wanted to like it but it felt cookie cutter and repetitive.

• pythonlabspythonlabs Member UncommonPosts: 13
    EQ2, dying game.
    ASTA = WTF is that
    Wildstar = boring boring boring
    RoI = Feels like rift

GW2 is my current goto game but I am watching a couple of others very close.  If you choose to play GW2 make sure you pick and active wvw server so if/when you decide to check out larger scale pvp it is active.
  • dreamsfadedreamsfade Member UncommonPosts: 339
    ASTA = WTF is that

ASTA Online:
    http://asta.webzen.com/en

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    "Also 50 cents a day aint much don't worry about trying to get your moneys worth by playing often."

Insurance empires have been built off the "its just pennies a day" mentality

I don't believe Freeloaders have built any empires. They really don't seem to accomplish very much and are a waste of space as well are resources.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    You aren't giving us a whole lot to work with, but try Vendetta.  It has never let me down and it can be played casually.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    You aren't giving us a whole lot to work with
    I agree, you should try to get as specific as possible, tell us what you liked and didn't like about games.
    Many games out there have changed over time, so what you didn't like before may be better now.

Wildstar has gotten more casual friendly since it's release, when did you play? What didn't you like about it?

I didn't like ESO the first couple times I played, recently it was on sale and all the other MMORPG aren't interesting anymore so I gave it a try. You can skip the tutorial, which I think isn't a good representation of the game and turned me off before, and this time I tried a different faction, the ones with Orcs, and the story and setting were more interesting, pirates and Orc culture, so it's grown on me.

If you are going for WoW for the numbers I guess you should go Buddhism for your religion while you're at it ;) Myself I find it's too easy and dated.

I think SWTOR is another good choice, also quite easy unfortunately, but the combat is fun, being able to force choke or thrown/pull your opponents, without being frantic. 
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Maybe I am bias but EQ2 is probably the best for casual play.

I have been out of the game for awhile. Still paying All access but not active.

Tons of content to keep you occupied.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    gw2
  • EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    There is no right or wrong answer here. Most games are now casual friendly lol.
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Trove is extremely casual. It's in the spirit of Portal Knights, so feel free to give it a try. It's also free and easy to get into. I think you'll know in an hour if it is for you.

Both GW2 and WoW seem very casual. WoW is getting more casual with every expansion - it's no longer a game where you need to play for many hours. Most raids take 30-60 minutes. With that said, I prefer GW2 personally, the playstyle fits me better.

Both EQ2 and Wildstar seem to be declining. If you are interested in long term viability, I'd stay away from those.

Elder Scrolls Online recently released a big update, where all the level barriers were removed. You can essentially explore any area whenever you want. This would make the game a lot more casual. If you prefer a storytelling experience, you might want to try it out.
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Ancrion said:
    Ancrion said:
    Ancrion said:
    Asta and EQ2 are great games, but I think there are not many players, are there?

Wildsar is in my opinion not so casual friendly.
    ASTA is nearly a ghost town but the players that do play are a pretty good bunch of people. EQ2 has a healthy enough population but it is falling as Daybreak splinters the community with every decision they make. Still the amount of content is staggering and it is able to be played casually. You can do agnostics and level with others easy enough in the game on the F2P servers.
    I play Wildstar casually.
    I got a lvl 50 in Wildstar, I dont like it sooo much,

Can you give me the link to EQ2 pls? On the homepage i have found the last news is over a year ago
    https://www.everquest2.com/home

Thank you, I will give it a try
    Yep EQ2 really is a fun game that can be solo'd, but it is really easy to find teams to do stuff.  If you prefer to solo, any of the chain armor classes are good, such as bard, ranger, and shaman.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

edited August 2016
    Ok, some more information:

I don´t like wildstar because after a time it is boring for me, do similar quests and so on

I like TESO because of the quests there, but i like the GW2 world and moving there more.
    In TESO i dont feel so free like in GW2.

I liked WoW and FF14 too, if i want to pay monthly, i dont know which i would play, can you help me with this decision? I think WoW is easier and casual friendlier?

I played EQ2 a long time ago, and i found it boring, too, but i will try it again now
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    I dont play GW2 any more. I play WoW. It has a bright future. New expansion in a few weeks.
     Bright future, like Warlords of Draenor had? WoW xpac hype never lasts, and it's guaranteed that after the xpac there won't be any change in content for at least a year or two. 
    What do you think about Neverwinter? It is Pay2win?
  • ApexTKMApexTKM Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Realizer said:
     Bright future, like Warlords of Draenor had? WoW xpac hype never lasts, and it's guaranteed that after the xpac there won't be any change in content for at least a year or two. 
    What a pessimistic mind you have.
    The acronym MMORPG use to mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game.

But the acronym MMMORPG now currently means Microscopic Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Kappa.