Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I found a new game for me, and it is just awesome !

rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
Hi folx,

Im back to a game, that i started playing in the very very early version (1992) already, with more or less success, but nearly always with a big smile for the reward you get, when you crafted new stuff, that you had to learn, complex and complicated.

No % modifier on some "virtual random chances of luck", and always multible ways to complete the competition.
Ofcause you can play the random games, but the real thing is scientifical logic.

Endless freedom of choice, a choice that matters, dependencies everywhere, wrong choice, wrong actions, wrong keys pressed can destroy wide parts of the build components, doing very wrong results in perma death.

Healing and maintainingskills have to be learned the same complex way, but the better you are in those, the chance to have a permadeath are pretty mutch zero. Experience has a meaning here.

In the game you have to build a box.

In that box is all the gamefeatures in a huge interconnected infrastructure and there is ways in and out of the box.
That box can be connected to other boxes (the multiplayer component), interact with them and mutch mutch more.

You as a player can dive down into the box and create total new things, or enjoy, what others have created already.
It works on nearly every hardware, is 100% f2p, it has some free of choice payable extensions and even if they wanted, they cant make it p2w.

The combat simulators are superb, but the real PvP is the highest discipline and only a couple people have mastered it.
We have some monitor for them http://map.norsecorp.com/#/ .

There is no quests in the game, its complete sandbox, but it has rulesets for the different components.
When i was playing it in alpha on my Amiga, the installation needed 2,5 days. The 18hours on my later i486 have been an improovement, but the gfx have been superb on my miggy, intel pc grafix have been bad until vesa local bus if i remember right.

Nowadays its huge, like HUUUGE.
I had a break for nearly 5 years on my box, until i decided 3 days ago, to build me a new one, and it has become an awesome frame to carry my entertainment for the next months.

After all this disapointment with my beloved iplayed before, i just dont see another game anywhere close to that freedom.
Just wanted to post it here, all hail the box !

xD

Comments

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Sorry, not interested in Niantic style games.  Also there is no Wiki for the game you claimed existed in 1992.  Can you show us this game on the Amiga.  Would love to see it. 
    edited August 2016
    Also wanted to add.  The only game with Norse in its name is Norse Gods https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYbfzANHE78

If you post here to phish user info.  You need to go somewhere else.  Thank you for sharing your dishonesty!

Also wanted to add why I personally stay away from Niantic style games.  Which can be found here: http://www.networkworld.com/article/3099092/mobile-wireless/the-cia-nsa-and-pokmon-go.html
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I'm assuming this is a joke post about building a PC. Because norse attack maps are just DDOS attacks on servers aren't they? 
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    The link he posted is the real- time cyber attack monitor. It isn't a game lol.
    LOL, I just noticed. What happens when you just quick scan something.  Was wondering why it said it was a security company.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,165
    edited August 2016
    So pretty much his game is initiating DDOS and cyber attacks.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    I'm assuming this is a joke post about building a PC. Because norse attack maps are just DDOS attacks on servers aren't they? 
    I wrote that last night before i went to bed, because i was full of joy, when i saw, how mutch Linux has progressed over the last 5 years.
    I've been digging in Steam with endless excitement about the games, offered for the box :)

It was maybe 2 weeks ago, when i upgraded to windows10.
    After tweaking it for ages to avoid the overwhelming data mining, my sleepscreen asked me, if i like, what i see. hmpf.

While windows10 is just awesome, gameplay wise, it also makes clear, where we are heading into.

Yes its true, i used 2 of my HDDs to build me a new box and i will use it mainly now for my daily virtual life. Again, because i left it before due to the superior gaming quality of windows7. Beside of breathtaking gaming, it could do everything else much better then windows, but the last 5 years have been a kick ass jump ahead as not only Steam had a significant impact in the penguins world.

Operating that box, is nearly more fun to me, then playing the games within it.
    Writing your own source, compiling it and make it do whatever you want, that is just total awesome.

And no, im not hostile :)
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited August 2016
    rawfox said:
    I wrote that last night before i went to bed, because i was full of joy, when i saw, how mutch Linux has progressed over the last 5 years.
    I've been digging in Steam with endless excitement about the games, offered for the box :)

It was maybe 2 weeks ago, when i upgraded to windows10.
    After tweaking it for ages to avoid the overwhelming data mining, my sleepscreen asked me, if i like, what i see. hmpf.

While windows10 is just awesome, gameplay wise, it also makes clear, where we are heading into.

Yes its true, i used 2 of my HDDs to build me a new box and i will use it mainly now for my daily virtual life. Again, because i left it before due to the superior gaming quality of windows7. Beside of breathtaking gaming, it could do everything else much better then windows, but the last 5 years have been a kick ass jump ahead as not only Steam had a significant impact in the penguins world.

Operating that box, is nearly more fun to me, then playing the games within it.
    Writing your own source, compiling it and make it do whatever you want, that is just total awesome.

And no, im not hostile :)

Does box = computer ?

Does Sleepscreen  = sub conscious ?

Does daily virtual life = being on the computer a lot ?

OK, I get it, he's from Germany, he must have used Google translate.