Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP is Awful Right Now

simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
Warlocks are freaking unkillable monsters. Seriously, if I pop every CD I have and they happen to have their sacrifice shield up (1min cd) they get a 500k absorb and then proceed to heal and rot me out. I've watched a Warlock stand there and tank 3 players. AV is a 45 minute turtle. They decided to remove the ability to buy PVP rings/trinkets/amulets. Ashran is completely pointless on top of the map being broken. I just can't even right now lol. 

Comments

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    This is a kitten pre patch. What do you expect? The game is balanced around 110 level. Nobody is taking pvp seriously till the Legion release. The pvp is absolute blast on the beta server.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Nepheth said:
    This is a kitten pre patch. What do you expect? The game is balanced around 110 level. Nobody is taking pvp seriously till the Legion release. The pvp is absolute blast on the beta server.
    Well that's fascinating, but we still have a month until Legion. I'm not taking PVP seriously, but it's what I usually enjoy doing, and it's absolute garbage right now. 
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    anyone who say the pvp is balanced at X lvl, is pretty much telling us there is no balance, and on that lvl the imbalance is less noticed,

also its wow, since when WoW was know for being a pvp game?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    anyone who say the pvp is balanced at X lvl, is pretty much telling us there is no balance, and on that lvl the imbalance is less noticed,

Since 2004.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2016
    Stop playing pvp? lol Coming on here or even on the official forums wont do anything. Wait in a corner for legion like the other sheep (myself included)

World pvp is not the only pvp system mmos got. WoW has the best instanced pvp on the market for years. And the only mmo that has a real esport arena besides the B&S Korea. You can like it or not I don't care. But this is a fact.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Nepheth said:

World pvp is not the only pvp system mmos got. WoW has the best instanced pvp on the market for years. And the only mmo that has a real esport arena besides the B&S Korea. You can like it or not I don't care. But this is a fact.
    WOW is a game with pvp in it. WOW is not a PVP game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Haha, warlocks an pre-patches again.
    I remember the Burning Crusade pre patch, when warlock's felguards destroyed other players in BGs all on their own and with only a few strikes.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Kyleran said:
    WOW is a game with pvp in it. WOW is not a PVP game.
    Blizzard has had a different idea of that for some time....when they tried to establish WoW in "Esports" *cough

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Horusra said:

Since 2004.
    lol, nice.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited August 2016
    I'm fine with the PvP at the moment. Everyone seems able to contribute, and they're way more exciting matches nowadays. A lot more closer games than there has been prior. Warlocks are not unkillable machines if you actually are playing as a group as opposed to running around trying to solo shit.

Saying that you saw a Warlock take on 3 people isn't exactly saying much. Lots of players are bad, don't interrupt, stun/cc well, whatever, and just generally don't have a clue of what they're doing. Especially on top of these changes still being relatively new. 

Also, yeah, as has been said already, it's balanced around being 110 with a maxed out Artifact.
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    edited August 2016
    @simsalabim77 ; There is no PvP in WOW since when you get to very high MMR you can no longer PVP unless your other two allies are online.

PvE there is still no info when they will be releasing tier 20, 21 etc. and if I don't know how fast are shipping PvE content to keep me busy I don't know if they can succeed in entertaining me long term. Did I forgot to mention, that's also done only 3-4 days a week for 3-4 hours? Then you do your daily quest and crap usually 30 min to an hour per day.

WOW is not a game for players who want to play something consistently for 10-14 hours. These things matter to me if I'll be paying $32 CAD monthly for the next 5 months on a single game.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Nepheth said:

Rift has the best instanced pvp matches.  Sorry but its true.  In wow you must suffer through 109 levels of shitty pvp before having any fun.  Sorry I just don't have that much patience I'd rather play Rift and have fun for all of the levels.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    That is funny.  I came back to check it out and started a new warlock and a few other classes.  The warlock is always at full health with the first attack you get.  I am sure it will get balanced but my first thought was PvP.  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Kopogero said:
    @simsalabim77 ; There is no PvP in WOW since when you get to very high MMR you can no longer PVP unless your other two allies are online.

PvE there is still no info when they will be releasing tier 20, 21 etc. and if I don't know how fast are shipping PvE content to keep me busy I don't know if they can succeed in entertaining me long term. Did I forgot to mention, that's also done only 3-4 days a week for 3-4 hours? Then you do your daily quest and crap usually 30 min to an hour per day.

WOW is not a game for players who want to play something consistently for 10-14 hours. These things matter to me if I'll be paying $32 CAD monthly for the next 5 months on a single game.

32 CAD monthly, might want to check your math.
    filmoret said:
    Nepheth said:

Rift has the best instanced pvp matches.  Sorry but its true.  In wow you must suffer through 109 levels of shitty pvp before having any fun.  Sorry I just don't have that much patience I'd rather play Rift and have fun for all of the levels.
    Sorry but I laughed my ass off to your comment. I'm not talking about which game's pvp you enjoyed most. I'm talking about the best "competitive" pvp mmo around. Rift is one of the most unbalanced games I've ever played in my life if we talk about the pvp part of the game. I enjoyed the many game's pvp more then WoW. And those games mostly unbalanced silly messes. But they were fun. Does that mean those games have better pvp than WoW? Hell no... And about the leveling issue, I can level up 0 to 100 about 1 week with the most casual play style I can imagine. If you think anyone need patience to level up that much, well  that's the whole different level about the casual gaming. 
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    With the nerf to Every Man for Himself (Human racial) and other changes, PvP is OK -- it's doable, if messy. The current templates are baselined for 110 with honor tier artifacts. There are always OP classes and they will be toned down over time, both now, in the intervening 2 weeks and after Legion launches. Today it's Druids, Rogues and Warlocks. Tomorrow (I hope!) Death Knights, Hunters and Shamans. :D

It's not worth quitting PvP -- just roll with it, wait for changes and have fun. Like I said: Winning arenas or random battlegrounds is doable, just messy. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯