Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox one and limited broadband

LupusVaiLupusVai Member UncommonPosts: 15
edited July 2016 in General Gaming
Hey, just wanted some feedback from anyone out there with an xbox one.

I'm thinking about picking one up but have some concerns.

My broadband package is limited to 100gb per month peek. (unlimited between midnight and 07:30hrs) Its also dl max speed of about 13mb.

I remember hearing someone complaining that they couldn't play their xbox one because every time they switched it on they were faced with hours of downloading and updating with  30 to 40gb downloads at a time. Were they being a bit "dramatic" or is that pretty normal for people who do not have unlimited connections with fibre/cable speeds?

I guess i can get up in the middle of the night to switch it on for downloading as I don't have the monthly bandwidth allowance for peek time updating. (I cant seem to find any information on if you can schedule downloads for the xbox one?) I also for the same reason don't want it automatically updating during the daytime if i switch it on, is that possible to stop?

What have your experiences been?

edit :Oh also they said that you cant even play a new game when you buy it with out having to download updates?