Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam's refund policy is poop.

124»

Comments

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    I have never sought a refund so didn't know the rules, but that actually sounds pretty generous to me. For example, I don't think I could buy a game on DvD from a store and then take it back for a refund the next day if I didn't like it.

By the way- I got that Viking version of mount&blade and didn't like it much. Just going with the free mods is probably the way to go until M&B2 comes out.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I got alot of games that I have spent 0 hours in which I wouldn't mind getting a refund for. So I tried it on one to see what would happen. Been on my account for more than 14 days so nope.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Did a Steam refund 3 times because on all these occasions the game wouldn't run properly on my system. I think their refund policy is more generous then what we could reasonably ask for. You can ALWAYS get a refund if under 2 hours or 2 weeks, no questions asked. People must be extremely spoiled if they can not even comply to these incredibly simple rules or find them too strict. Try buying other digital goods and get a refund as easy as Steam does it.....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2016
    Can't you just start the game, then force steam to close so it doesn't log playtime before deciding if you want a refund?

I know a lot of my games don't have correct playtime because I close steam completely.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I think it's one of the best refund policies ever.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    It's a good system you are just too pampered to take responsibility for failing to read the refund policy and trying to pass the buck.
    Chamber of Chains
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Renoaku said:
    Can't you just start the game, then force steam to close so it doesn't log playtime before deciding if you want a refund?

I know a lot of my games don't have correct playtime because I close steam completely.
    OH... 
    Are you onto something or just on something?