Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New home after Lotro

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageNew home after Lotro

Lord of the rings Online have announced they would be creating path to Mordor, so we all see Black gate and then weed-addicted Hobbitses destroy multucultural prospering civilization. Would Lotro end agter Destruction of One Ring? Nobody knows. My guess is - it would. Ships would sail, grumpy xenophobic Elves would leave, Hobbitses would have nothing to steal, Dwarves would mine mithril untill mitthrl ends... I am still in search for new home. RIFT

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    If you find that game let me know :P

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I fear ESO will be the last big budget PVE game we will see. If LOTRO shut down that is where I would find my PvE fix.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited July 2016
    I agree, nobody knows :wink:  My guess is they will keep it open, but just a guess (there was a thread about the same topic).

As for the question (in case it will be closed 1.5 years from), tough one. What's not mentioned in your post, and also matches for "Any PvE, fantasy (noin sci-fi), crafting game with very light limitations for f2p and (optionally) player housing would fit.", you could check AoC.
    Crafting is nice, even though the revamp was cancelled, deeper than LotRO's, but with fewer professions. No housing, but you can participate in building the guild city (I think... wasn't in guild cities since... don't even remember. Which tells a lot, especially since I had an architect... :lol: ). F2p is different and much more rigid than LotRO's, you can play through the whole game for free and mostly without restrictions, but in the endgame, if you don't subscribe, you will have a really difficult and annoying gameplay. Occasional purchases don't really help, subscription is the preferable way.
    Stationary combat may be a problem, AoC don't have "action combat" by current standards, but it's surely not the regular tab-target either. Maybe for magic users it is... but even they need to move sometimes.

edit: oops, an earlier post you mentioned AoC as tried and not liked one. My bad.
    Well, stay then on LotRO and hope for the best :wink: It's still crowded, Weatherstock was last weekend (a tweeter posted a widescreen shot a few days ago)

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    System said:
    imageNew home after Lotro

Lord of the rings Online have announced they would be creating path to Mordor, so we all see Black gate and then weed-addicted Hobbitses destroy multucultural prospering civilization. Would Lotro end agter Destruction of One Ring? Nobody knows. My guess is - it would. Ships would sail, grumpy xenophobic Elves would leave, Hobbitses would have nothing to steal, Dwarves would mine mithril untill mitthrl ends... I am still in search for new home. RIFT

Read the full story here

Wtf did I just read, and does anyone have an English translation?
  • RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Holy crap, so many typos just in this short paragraph.

Dont take this the wrong way, but you could use some proofreading :).
    I thought that modern browsers don't even let you write and publish such text without flashing yellow and red like crazy :smile:
  • LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 543
    AoC was by some decree fun. I had some magic user (Tempest of Set?), tried some Necro class so that these funny creatures do the job for me. At Tortugo -starter one- almost everything was doable (except some area with pillars where there was forced fellowship quest). Later I sailed to some desert land and there I had too many tasks and was lost too quickly.

Tried to launch Last Chaos. Ended up in a mess: it just won't launch.

Would try Runes of Magic as temporaly solution.

Pos scriptum: yes, I sometimes may produce millions of typos. usually typing at work, so that I should be quick to write things and leave only important ones. Sorry. :cry:
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    AoC was by some decree fun. I had some magic user (Tempest of Set?), tried some Necro class so that these funny creatures do the job for me. At Tortugo -starter one- almost everything was doable (except some area with pillars where there was forced fellowship quest). Later I sailed to some desert land and there I had too many tasks and was lost too quickly.

Tried to launch Last Chaos. Ended up in a mess: it just won't launch.

Would try Runes of Magic as temporaly solution.

Pos scriptum: yes, I sometimes may produce millions of typos. usually typing at work, so that I should be quick to write things and leave only important ones. Sorry. :cry:
    I had that exact same experience with AoC. . then I tried again and got past it until I ended up in some horrible swamp zone.  That killed it.  I will miss LOTRO if it goes. . still play off and on.  Maybe  TESO.  For now Stardew valley has me hooked and still haven't started The Witcher 3.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!