Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cell phone booster for people in the woods.

makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
I just wanted to say, to any one that lives in the woods like me, that has been paying for a cell phone, and a home phone. I just took the plunge and bought a booster, and now I get 4 bars. I find it funny that i read the reviews on these things, and a lot of people told me it was garbage, even some random person when I went to atnt to and buy one, which they only sell the internet based ones, told me they don't work. 

It amazes me how any would have trouble hooking this thing up, it literally is point it at the cell tower and run a cable to the inside of your house, and bam 4 bars. Now mind you you have to have at least 1 bar.

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    It really depends on the situation. In the city were there is a lot of RF interference causing your signal to degrade, these don't make sense. You are just boosting interference. In the woods where its simply signal loss due to distance, these can help since you are mainly boosting a low signal that has less noise.
  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Cleffy said:
    It really depends on the situation. In the city were there is a lot of RF interference causing your signal to degrade, these don't make sense. You are just boosting interference. In the woods where its simply signal loss due to distance, these can help since you are mainly boosting a low signal that has less noise.
    Now I understand all the reviews and why they are saying they are bad. Thank you very much for taking the time to explain that. I should of guessed it, not living in a city ever, I kinda don't have any experience, but I do understand RF a bit. It should of been obvious to me that in a city they wouldn't work. But still man haha you gotta admit, how many ignorant people bought that thing with 0 understanding of anything, and said it didn't work Trying to convince other people they don't work. I mean take that random guy I met at a radio shack, I didn't even talk to him, I was talking to the sales person, and he felt the need to come over to me, and tell me how bad cell phone repeaters are. Know full well that I was using it for the very rural area, because he obviously decided he wanted to listen to my whole conversation with the sales rep. 

Yet he obviously had 0 understanding of it, but some vague remark about his aunt. hahah, just laugh its really funny some one would do that ;)
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Just don't keep it on all the time....  Cellphone radiation is a thing....  Might effect your brain. 

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

edited July 2016
    rensta said:
    Just don't keep it on all the time....  Cellphone radiation is a thing....  Might effect your brain. 
    Well, if that is true every one in the city should be dead. Considering the fact that in a major city, there is more RF radiation by 1000 times, then my little area of the woods. Not to mention all the people who work on that stuff, there is no scientific evidence to suggest cell phones would harm you. I would recommend being more scared of muslim terrorists then worrying about if low power rf radiation is gonna give you cancer when your 90 lol.
    https://store.weboost.com/products/connect-3g-directional Mind you, if your in the woods you want the directional one, not the omni one. Also you gotta make sure you don't attach the thing to a huge metal pole, use plastic. Also make sure you keep the inside antenna away from the out side antenna.

It can take some work if you don't actually know where you getting the cell tower signal from, which I did. You gotta point the antenna at it, I got one bar with a cheap cell phone where I put the thing, now i get 3-4 depending it looks like Wifi has a slight effect on it, and huge storms. 
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    It's always better to avoid....  People in the city don't have a choice.....  I necer said it would kull them...  But can effect you ability to have offsprings and such.. 

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

rensta said:
    It's always better to avoid....  People in the city don't have a choice.....  I necer said it would kull them...  But can effect you ability to have offsprings and such.. 
    Don't see any scientific data, that suggests radio waves can alter DNA, I dono where you got that one from.