Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gotta Catch 'Em A...Oh...He Already Did

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageGotta Catch 'Em A...Oh...He Already Did

A Brooklyn Pokemon Go player has managed to do exactly what every PG players wants: He has literally caught all 142 Pokemon in North America. The 28-year-old says that, despite working 50 hours a week, he managed to walk 95 miles, lost 10 pounds and catch all possible Pokemon.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• toomuch4212toomuch4212 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    50 Hours a week selling bootleg DvD's on ebay doesn't count.
    And how much did he pay... They call "Brokelyn" the bridge and tunnel people for a reason...
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I clicked to read full story and it was still a paragraph and a link to a celebrity gossip site that didn't have the full story either.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I clicked to read full story and it was still a paragraph and a link to a celebrity gossip site that didn't have the full story either.

That's today's journalism for ya! =D

Smile

• redcoreredcore Member UncommonPosts: 108
    ok..so he got all those crappy useless polygon VIRTUAL creatures...and what now? any benefits? 10 embarrassing pounds don't count.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Wow.. lots of haters on here. Seems like all these forums do is attract the trolls anymore. Sad. Can't just congratulate a gamer on doing something pretty incredible.
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 621
    edited July 2016

Here ya go: http://www.businessinsider.com/pokemon-go-complete-pokedex-2016-7 This one has some of his other stats: http://myfox8.com/2016/07/22/new-york-man-seems-to-be-first-in-u-s-to-catch-all-142-pokemon/
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    I didn't catch any , woohoo
  • onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Ikeda said:
    Wow.. lots of haters on here. Seems like all these forums do is attract the trolls anymore. Sad. Can't just congratulate a gamer on doing something pretty incredible.
     Its similar to the hate these same people that post on here probably got for playing MMORPG's when they first came out.  Except they probably gained 10+ pounds instead of losing it.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Well, at least he got outside more, loss weight, and became famous.  Now he can organize Pokemon Go classes and become a public speaker.  I'll just wait for the movie.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

redcore said:

ok..so he got all those crappy useless polygon VIRTUAL creatures...and what now? any benefits? 10 embarrassing pounds don't count.

He most likely had fun and presumably lost 10lbs he wouldn't have otherwise. Win win. Good for him.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Bet he cheated. The first one's always cheat or exploit its gamer law 101
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    aslan132 said:

Here ya go: http://www.businessinsider.com/pokemon-go-complete-pokedex-2016-7 This one has some of his other stats: http://myfox8.com/2016/07/22/new-york-man-seems-to-be-first-in-u-s-to-catch-all-142-pokemon/
    Thanks.

For folks calling the guy some cheating no life bootleg DVD seller:

"Johnson, head of platform with startup Applico and a recently published author, doesn't have a lot of time to play during the day."

He also doesn't identify with the typical fat neck beard mmorpg player either.

Any other theories?
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    "Full Story" is a pretty broad term these days
  • Devil-NinjaDevil-Ninja Member CommonPosts: 1
    Some people have a lot of free time
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    He lost 10 pounds I guess that was good.

• AalamrAalamr Member UncommonPosts: 98
    This kid is full of crap. There is no way he caught them all just walking 95 miles. There are four Pokémon that are region exclusive. My guess is he sat on his ass at home for 95 hours using a spoofer and gained 10 lbs.
  • InfearealInfeareal Member UncommonPosts: 111

Aalamr said:

This kid is full of crap. There is no way he caught them all just walking 95 miles. There are four Pokémon that are region exclusive. My guess is he sat on his ass at home for 95 hours using a spoofer and gained 10 lbs.

The articles clearly state that he caught all available in the region. He does not technically have them all.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    It pays to read it says region. 

Good that he lost weight that is his best achievement in my book.
    Chamber of Chains
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

DMKano said:

Lots have caught them all - and they never left their home, amazing what a rooted phone with external GPS app can do.

With Pokemon GO map, which shows all Pokemon locations live in the area your gps is. For pc or android.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    i call bullshit, there is no way he already own the likes of Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Mew and Mew Two, no one in the world has mew or mew two,

i call this story bullshit

So What Now?

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    He lost 10 pounds I guess that was good.

hes the next Jared from Subway

TweFoju said:

i call bullshit, there is no way he already own the likes of Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Mew and Mew Two, no one in the world has mew or mew two,

Lol this is worth a facepalm.

• LleithLleith Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Ikeda said:
    No. I can't.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

Dragnelus said:

TweFoju said:

i agree it's facepalm post, fuck me

So What Now?

TweFoju said:

Dragnelus said:

TweFoju said:

i agree it's facepalm post, fuck me

You can still edit it xD