Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this enough?

somersaultsamsomersaultsam Member UncommonPosts: 230
edited July 2016 in WildStar
As a former player of Wildstar, I have been watching the progress on Steam with interest. I do not intend to rejoin the game, or invest my time in it, if it is on a downward spiral, particularly given that there were fundamental aspects I did not enjoy the first time around, which cannot realistically be altered. 

The game has generally received positive reviews on Steam, as it did after its initial release, and, from experience, I think it might be that the game is initially fun but wears thin quickly, so I put little stock in these reviews, and doubt they represent a real improvement in gameplay. 

So my question is, are these figures sufficient for the game to survive and/or thrive? 

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Your link doesn't work. Wildstar has been on a downward spiral since launch. Unfortunately Steam is not helping. There are less than 2k people playing it on steam and its losing them already.

• somersaultsamsomersaultsam Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Your link doesn't work. Wildstar has been on a downward spiral since launch. Unfortunately Steam is not helping. There are less than 2k people playing it on steam and its losing them already.
    Finally worked after about the tenth time of trying. 
  • somersaultsamsomersaultsam Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Robokapp said:
    seems like it's circling the drain. sorry, OP.
    No need to apologise, I suspected as much! I think the game is just too confused, has too many niggling irritations, and misread its market too much to survive. I am also aware of NCSoft's propensity to cancel far more successful games than this... which is why I am wary of giving it another go.  
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    steamcharts numbers are troubling unless they have a fairly robust and successful cash shop, ala marvel heroes.
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    So, Wildstar is dying for the third time? No F2p left, no China-release, no steam. I suppose NCSoft makes sure, that its the last time now.

Hodor!