Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How about an MMORPG based on Redneck Rampage?

GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
I don't know how many of you played that game, but it was hilarious.  As an MMORPG;

There is an alien invasion, and you are one of the pitiful few survivors of your town.  Your journey is to level up, get as well armed as you can, and go kick some green butt!  You travel from town to town, and protect the citizens from aliens as you level up.  Life is hard, so you can make cash by (crafting) moonshining, hog calling, duck hunting, making marginally legal vehicles, etc...

Classes are;
Junior - Five foot forty and weighs a shit-ton, the tank. Carries a club and a .454 Casull revolver
Sonny - Better than most with his thirty aught six - long range DPS, carries a .38 revolver for 'close encounters'
Bubba - Carries a shotgun with double aught buck - short range AoE DPS, also known to make explosives out of household chemicals to use as grenades.
LaRue - Has a pair of machetes and a pair of .45 1911s - melee DPS
Lew - An expert at throwing moon pies in Juniors mouth, the healer - Carries a .30/30 lever action

Of course there would be female versions of these classes.

Armor and weapons get better as you level, and you can get alien tech to replace some of your stuff.

Healing 'potions' are moon pies (makes you fart loudly if you eat too many) and moonshine (gets you drunk if you drink too much - you can counter being drunk with moon pies, but until the alcohol wears off you are a loudly farting drunk).

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I was 99% certain that when Blizzard bought that franchise they would turn it into a mmorpg.
    However not being a fan of Blizzard what so ever,i really did not fully understand them.

However over the years i have learned a LOT about the way Blizzard does business and MOST if not all their logic is based on nothing more than a profit direction with NO CARE for integrity of gaming or game quality,simply what sells best is best for them and best for all.

Point being is that Blizzard will NOT see a market for a RNR mmorpg because they already have that market in control,so why cut their own foot?

Notice they aimed for a TCG game then a competitor for LOL and Dota,even Wow was a market to compete with SOE and EQ.What i am trying to tell you is although you or others might see it as a cool or fun idea,Blizzard is NOT looking at that,they are looking at markets to compete in and mainly ones with Esport possibilities.

If i was to randomly guess Blizzard will aim for perhaps the SPACE market soon enough because right now there is ONLY Eve and SC and imo neither are very good and both could EASILY be dethroned by Blizzard.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Only two posts in and this thread is already full of win. From the hilarious OP to the "missing the point by a galaxy wide margin" response. You guys are epic, let me salute you.

Also, a Redneck Rampage MMORPG? Dear god no, what a horrible idea. It is like trying to make lemonade out of glass, it just isn't going to work, on any level.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer