Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Harbingers - Gul'dan - World of Warcraft

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageHarbingers - Gul'dan - World of Warcraft

Discover the origins of Gul’dan in the first Harbingers animated short. Learn More: WoWLegion.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Was the old guy Nerzhul? That is not how Nerzhul died or is it the guldan of parallel draenor that we faced last expansion?

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I believe this is the Alternate Timeline Gul'dan, from Draenor. Not the one for our timeline. It's the one we are currently battling against.
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Poor misunderstood Gul'dan. A victim of bullying turned into a despot.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

rodingo said:

Poor misunderstood Gul'dan. A victim of bullying turned into a despot.

That's why I like this movie. Shallow, flat, pure evil tropes are largely overdone.

I like nuance - Villians with subtext. It's the subtleties that make truly memorable villians. Conversely, I don't enjoy altrustic good-guy hero tropes either.

The video portrays Gul'dan as still evil, but not entirely, inherently, of his own making. Fate had a large role, and that gentle nudge from forces far more sinister is what truly makes him evil.

Can't wait to see how they portray the "Heroes", or Illidan, who was a villian/hero before.

Gray is more interesting than black and white.
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 309

Was the old guy Nerzhul? That is not how Nerzhul died or is it the guldan of parallel draenor that we faced last expansion?

This Guldan is indeed from the parallel universe. Our Guldan has long been dead.

Why are you so irrelevant? >:)

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    edited July 2016
    Really enjoying these along with the comics. Anduin respeccing from Holy to Discipline and growing a backbone, in the most recent, was the best one I have seen so far. They have me hyped for the release of Legion.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    v_Ve said:

This Guldan is indeed from the parallel universe. Our Guldan has long been dead.
    Yeah..i wish they would just point in out on title though, like : Guldan(alternate draenor)

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    The Gul'dan from the Burning Crusade expansion was long dead when you came to that Draenor. So this video is background story for WoD  and Legion Gul'dan.

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736
    edited July 2016
    Khadgar is a villain. I am calling it. He's been manipulated or under control of a demon like Medivh once was. Without him the Burning Legion wouldn't have come this far as they have.