Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Job Choices: Kinda Frustrating Actually

GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
edited July 2016 in Final Fantasy XIV
I admit it. I'm an alotoholic. I can never decide what I want to play and stick with it. Must be my ADD or something. I went back to the game and created a new character on a new server. In truth it's been a lot of fun. Except in this time, I have not reached max level on anything. Started off with a Rogue. It's a lot of fun, then brought Pug up and made a Nin, got to about 38, then focused on Lancer. At 1st I simply wanted to get all the cross class abilities....IE Blood for Blood. But then I found myself actually enjoying these classes and jobs. So now I am have a character that has Level 40 Monk, a level 51 Bard, a level 51 Summoner, a level 45 Machinist, a level 38 Ninja and a level 35 Dragoon. And no level 60 anything. I can't decide what I want to be when I grow up.

What's everyone's favorite Job / Class and why?  

Comments

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I normally make a lot of alts, too. I have one of each class in stamina and magicka versions in ESO. Plus a couple of others. But I like the way they did it in FFXIV and I was happy to just have one character.

• vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    edited July 2016
    I tend to gravitate towards pet classes but summoner even though easy to play is very hard to master.  I kinda stopped playing it after 50.  I dabbled with warrior, whm, brd I enjoyed them all.  lol.  

Warrior - I love the fact that I can do a lot of damage while tanking.

WHM - just a pure healing machine especially in 24 man raids, very straight forward, easy to play.

BRD - I liked being able to move and attack at the same time, don't really like how they changed it in expansion.

You're right very frustrating but that's the beauty of this really.  I just wish the inventory would accommodate how this game is setup.  It's a nightmare if you have all jobs leveled and all the glamour options for each. 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I think I've narrowed it down between MCH and MNK. Probably MCH. MNK's melee restrictions are too much of a PITA. I love the playstyle, but PUG grouping with tanks that still think they are in WOW PVP jumping around like a hyperactive flea stoked on RedBull...... I spend more time chasing mobs and worrying about losing my procs than positioning back and forth from flank to rear. MCH is fun, Although, I do prefer a little more consistency in my DPS. I'm leaning to MCH because I think I just need to get a little bit better at controlling my burst DPS via CD management.
  • BigRamboBigRambo Member UncommonPosts: 191
    WHM / DRG, resubbed last week and haven't played since 2014 and I'm really enjoying all the updates SE did in 2 years, so much stuff to do!  :o B)
  • AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    I like the Astrologian. FFXIV has a bad case of every class is DPS! Not a fan of that with my healers but Astrologian alleviates that the most. Most of the time, when you're not healing, you'll be dealing with the card mechanics and buffing others. It can be pretty hectic but I enjoy it. It allows me to contribute while not healing without resorting to dps. (Yes, I hate doing damage on my healers that much)

I usually play casters but I like Rogue/Ninja as well. It seems to have the least positional requirements for a melee dps class and I find it fun to play. Black Mage is good as well if you're looking for something to just relax with.