Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

***Age of Wushu 2 is Coming! [Confirmed!]***

v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 309
edited July 2016 in Age of Wushu
Here's the articles : http://2p.com/43886194_1/Snail-Games-Announces-Age-of-Wushu-2-Game-Is-a-Sandbox-MMORPG-by-Blake-Lau.htm
 and http://mmoculture.com/2016/07/snail-games-age-of-wushu-2-and-savage-horizon-reveal-next-week/
So what are your thoughts?

I know i am extremely hype for this considering Wushu during it's prime offered such a unique gaming experience that i have yet to find anywhere else since it.

P.S -  Check this forum post daily/weekly for the latest news and information on Wushu 2!

Why are you so irrelevant? >:)

Post edited by v_Ve on

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,606
    Didn't like the first one. Is it more of the same? 
    Theocritus
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 309
    edited July 2016
    Probably. A lot of Wushu fans would like them to simply enhance the games current pros while fixing the cons. 

So I wouldn't expect it to be to different from the first one.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited July 2016
    Too bad it's Snail Games. Such wasted potential with Wushu. I'm sure i can predict such wasted potential with Wushu 2.

Too bad it's Snail Games. Such wasted potential with Wushu. I'm sure i can predict such wasted potential with Wushu 2.
    We'll just have to see. All the skepticism is justified though, with how they handled AoW. I just don't see them building a new project to have it go down the drain though.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I was so excited for Age of Wushu before it came out. I'm a major fan of Martial Arts games. For some reason I could not get into it. I really tried, but it seemed more like having a second job. That could be just me, and the way I approach games. Maybe this new one will be different.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    v_Ve said:
    Probably. A lot of Wushu fans would like them to simply enhance the games current pros while fixing the cons. 

Yup.

Gated content even when paying a sub equivalent, heavy cash ship funneling, P2W elements: these are things wrong with the original AoW and things that make most Asian imports unpopular with the western audiences. They ruined what could have been a good game for most people.

So, unless they moderate those elements, it doesn't matter much if there is to be an AoW2 or not.

It will not succeed in the West (again).

I was so excited for Age of Wushu before it came out. I'm a major fan of Martial Arts games. For some reason I could not get into it. I really tried, but it seemed more like having a second job. That could be just me, and the way I approach games. Maybe this new one will be different.
    I was just thinking about how my biggest issue with the game is how it takes over your life, lol. So I found it funny that right after thinking about that I saw your comment. Anyway, I think the main reason people feel this way is because of the plethora of (needed) activities that are time locked. I was thinking that with AoW2 , to avoid this feeling among most players (with lives), I hope they reduced the number of time-locked activities and simply have my open ended ones.

Burntvet said:
    v_Ve said:

Yup.

Gated content even when paying a sub equivalent, heavy cash ship funneling, P2W elements: these are things wrong with the original AoW and things that make most Asian imports unpopular with the western audiences. They ruined what could have been a good game for most people.

So, unless they moderate those elements, it doesn't matter much if there is to be an AoW2 or not.

It will not succeed in the West (again).

Well I think worst case scenario is it would play out how AoW did, where it's pretty successful then sharply falls off. 

It would be extremely idiotic of them to not have learned from AoW though, but anything is possible. :[

v_Ve said:
    I was just thinking about how my biggest issue with the game is how it takes over your life, lol. So I found it funny that right after thinking about that I saw your comment. Anyway, I think the main reason people feel this way is because of the plethora of (needed) activities that are time locked. I was thinking that with AoW2 , to avoid this feeling among most players (with lives), I hope they reduced the number of time-locked activities and simply have my open ended ones.
    Wow I must me psychic. :) Great post thank you.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    v_Ve said:
    Many/most people that pay for premium/VIP/sub status to an MMO are really put off by time/content gating. They pay for a couple months and then quit because it pisses them off.

Asian imports are especially bad for this.

So, unless they fix that for AoW2, it will do no better (and probably worse) than AoW1 did in the West.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    LOL someone said plethora.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Blade & Soul w/ Open World?
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Burntvet said:
    v_Ve said:
    Many/most people that pay for premium/VIP/sub status to an MMO are really put off by time/content gating. They pay for a couple months and then quit because it pisses them off.

Asian imports are especially bad for this.

So, unless they fix that for AoW2, it will do no better (and probably worse) than AoW1 did in the West.

I feel regardless of any of  that, especially at launch and maybe a month after the game will probably do fine. This is because I know a plethora of people who miss Wushu during it's prime and what to experience it again. These people have also made statements that they have no issues with playing for as long as the game is good and then simply quitting when it starts to go down hill, which is a mistake I don't feel Snail Games would make again.

Even though people have a lot of valid complaints against Wushu and Snail, I thoroughly enjoyed my time playing the game and didn't have any issues with the company. So i personally never felt the game was p2w simply because i never encountered anyone who couldn't be beat based off it.

Eww! I wouldn't compare Wushu to that fake wanna-be Wuxia heap, lmao.

That could be cool. Nice idea

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    edited July 2016
    Agree.  Not to mention Snail USA is one of the worst publishers.  They have no idea on how to run and support an MMO nor do they have the slightest idea on what Western gamers want or expect in a game with a cash shop.  I'm referring mainly to their rented items that people spend real money on.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    lol P2W ..............................No
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Look foward to the reveal.  :)
  • LleithLleith Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Pay to win warriors everywhere are waiting on tenterhooks. 
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    The only problem with Wushu is Chinese.  Trying to understand and speak Chinese is a huge wall.  So when you transfer a game over its got this huge learning curve.  Its worth it for sure but not many people are willing to learn how to play a mmo any more.  AOW is one of those games I wish I could have stuck with because its truly unique and an experience that cannot be forgotten.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Great, just what we need, bcbully going full-Erillion about AoW2 for a few months.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    AOW was really fun. It just lost it's fun when the population started leaving. I'm also pretty sure there were a couple of schools that had WAY more people than the others and it made it really imbalanced. I hope this is as good as that game was on launch though
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Rusque said:
    Great, just what we need, bcbully going full-Erillion about AoW2 for a few months.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    The game  was out before blade and souls and is a lot deeper than that game. AOW had 22 million players at one stage and still has millions of players in China. 

The American version was a mess but the European version which is called Age Of Wulin is still going strong and has none of the problems the American version has. 

Some of the features have never been seen in any mmo today. 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    The game  was out before blade and souls and is a lot deeper than that game. AOW had 22 million players at one stage and still has millions of players in China. 

The American version was a mess but the European version which is called Age Of Wulin is still going strong and has none of the problems the American version has. 

Some of the features have never been seen in any mmo today. 
    I thought Age of Wulin had population issues?