Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A 'Legendary' Catch of the Pokemon Live Action Film Rights - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageA 'Legendary' Catch of the Pokemon Live Action Film Rights - MMORPG.com News

Legendary Entertainment that scored pretty big bucks with the Warcraft movie is taking on another legendary gaming IP with today's announcement that it had scored a deal to bring a live action version of Pokemon to the big screen in 2017. Great Detective Pikachu will star in the movie, a take on the 3DS Japanese game released earlier this year.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    any-and-all-god(s)-protect-us!!!
  • joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    saker said:
    I will sacrifice a goat to Odin.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    joeri123 said:
    saker said:
    I will sacrifice a goat to Odin.
    We need more Gods like Odin.

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

DMKano said:

Umm no.

Just no.

Pika pika?
  • SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    I can tell this fan made trailer is better than this movie already
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    "Legendary Entertainment that scored pretty big bucks with the Warcraft movie "...stoped reading after here.
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    I suppose the Warcraft movie can be considered a success, since it did hundreds of millions in China. Which isnt a real surprise since 90% of the playerbase of WoW is in China. Or considering the less than 1million NA players, the movie still made 45 million domestic. But most people wouldnt call a modest 40 million a success in the US for a movie.

As for this, it will be about a year too late. The Pokemon GO "fad" will most likely die off in 3-6 months, just like any new game, and in a year, people wont even remember what a Pokemon is, let alone care about some live action movie with an unknown story line. Oh well.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Nah pokemon would do better than Warcraft did,  it has wider appeal,  children and older people that have played pokemon in the past.  

Lots of little cute well animated characters,  I don't doubt it would be a bigger success in NA than Warcraft

• radleyoradleyo Member CommonPosts: 2
    edited February 2017

really nice 1 thanks
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    They only part I liked was @2:04