Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ninja & Kunoichi are in!

Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Comments

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

BDO = The gift that keeps on giving :awesome:
  • XxPriestxXXxPriestxX Member UncommonPosts: 133

Could also be seen as the game that likely still isn't finished.

It's one thing to add new content by way of loot or places to explore, or dungeons to raid. It's quite another to add new classes, that will likely take them another 6 months to even start to balance around the ones that have already existed. It shows you didn't have an initial vision for the game, and are wasting resources on zero day items instead of the future of your product.
    Trolling, being trolled, getting banned, yelling at mods, getting perma banned, making new accounts, and still trolling this site since 2004 =D
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

It's one thing to add new content by way of loot or places to explore, or dungeons to raid. It's quite another to add new classes, that will likely take them another 6 months to even start to balance around the ones that have already existed. It shows you didn't have an initial vision for the game, and are wasting resources on zero day items instead of the future of your product.
    Because no other mmo has ever added new classes...
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited July 2016

Your post is a bit confusing and I suppose one's perspective on that point of view would be largely dependent on whether the player is pro or anti BDO.  I think I can safely assert that its clear to everyone that BDO is an unfinished product.  BDO may be taking a different road to that end  game "promised land," but that doesn't mean they don't have a vision.  They clearly have a vision, they are simply implementing their "end game" vision differently.  Both "end game" perspectives will, nevertheless, reach that desired goal at some point.  No one is forcing anyone to play the game in its current state.  If one is really averse to all of the pains associated with "catch up" patches, one should simply avoid playing the game until it is completely released.  
  • ilovespoonsilovespoons Member UncommonPosts: 46
    edited July 2016

I'm sorry but this is just dumb to say. I don't even play BDO. So other words no MMO should ever add new classes, because it shows they didn't have vision for the game, it's wasting resources. I think today you lose at the internet.
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

K, so no demon hunter for the new WoW expansion, lets retroactively remove the death knights and monks too since it was a later addition too.

DCUO has to cull half of those power sets apparently.

DAoC shouldn't have all the classes it has.

EQ/EQ2 needs to remove some of it's classes too.

Oh dear, this list is going to start getting long if we run down the content updates of most titles...

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Just a hint guys... Look at that priest guy account creation time and post history... and even more interesting, at his forum signature...
    Don't feed the... you know what ;)

This said, another positive point of the patch: you get a FREE character slot so you can roll a character of one of the new classes. They didn't have to do that, either, but they still did. Not bad for a supposedly "greedy cash shop" company ;)
    Just noticed his signature for the first time before, pretty much explains it all. Saddest part is that he's proud of it.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I watched some trailers on both of these some weeks ago.
    At least one of them (can't remeber which one) looked really way over the top, even for an asian game.
    Seems like they just can't design any class in any game without this streetfighter-like flashyness, whirls, swirls and superhero moves.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    DMKano said:
    Nice addition and kudos to Daum for keeping it free.

Having played both in KR I am not a fan of ninja/kuno but I am sure it will appeal to some.

Maybe after this Daum can focus on technical issues (server performance) and getting awakeninga out asap.

I know that Daum is Kakao now but I still call em Daum :/
    How come you didn't like them?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • dagreendagreen Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Just a hint guys... Look at that priest guy account creation time and post history... and even more interesting, at his forum signature:

"Trolling, being trolled, getting banned, yelling at mods, getting perma banned, making new accounts, and still trolling this site since 2004 =D"

Don't feed the... you know what ;)

This said, another positive point of the patch: you get a FREE character slot so you can roll a character of one of the new classes. They didn't have to do that, either, but they still did. Not bad for a supposedly "greedy cash shop" company ;)

hey thanks for sharing @Jean-Luc_Picard !  :D