Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Long time mmo player looking for a good community to join for pantheon

2»

Comments

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Dullahan said:
    Trolls! Did someone say trolls?!??!?! Well I'm here now, what's going on guys? XD Oh... it was just D.

Hell, if we're all gonna be playing pantheon at launch, we could start our own community here to carry over. Gives us all time to get used to each other =P
    As long as you're happy playing on the PvP server, cuz that's where I'll be.
    Where else would I be? Memorizing scripted combat got old ages ago.
    Old for you perhaps but not for the majority of people who are following this game. Make no mistake Pantheon is a PVE mmo at it's core just like EQ was. 

Coming here and making dumb comments on an mmo that is mainly a PVE game doesn't look good. 

Good thing is everyone can have fun. 

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Dullahan said:
    I have to admit that I have lost some interest in this game over the last month or two.  I have also decided that I don't need to participate in forum conversations until alpha.

The reason is that the community is poor. Constant complaining is the norm.  I won't make assumptions here about the general age or mmo experience of the community...but I do it privately to myself.  It is unavoidable.
    Not sure if you're talking about here, or the official forums. Lot of naysayers around here that aren't necessarily representative of the "Pantheon community." Official forum is booming right now and very positive. I'm seeing new people joining there at a phenomenal rate, moreso than any time in the past.
    I was referring to the official forums.  If you think the "Official forum is booming right now and very positive."  then we have a very different opinion about what the definition of a positive community is. 

Perhaps you can cite an example so I know what you're talking about. Honestly official forum been so busy in the last month, for the first time ever I actually haven't been able to keep up on every thread.

• TwoTubesTwoTubes Member UncommonPosts: 328
    It's one of those things, like always, a few vocal bad apples seem to ruin it for everyone as a whole. 

The negativity is not the only reason that I have been losing interest and have decided to wait until alpha to participate in discussions over there.  There seems to be a lot of discussions about game ideas that are not realistic.  If the devs waste any time at all reading/considering some of the nonsense that is being discussed in the context that it could be a possibility at launch, it is counter productive.  It makes me want to distance myself.  We all want the game to come out by 2018 right?. 
    It's one of those things, like always, a few vocal bad apples seem to ruin it for everyone as a whole. 

The negativity is not the only reason that I have been losing interest and have decided to wait until alpha to participate in discussions over there.  There seems to be a lot of discussions about game ideas that are not realistic.  If the devs waste any time at all reading/considering some of the nonsense that is being discussed in the context that it could be a possibility at launch, it is counter productive.  It makes me want to distance myself.  We all want the game to come out by 2018 right?. 
    Visionary Realms know what isn't viable for Pantheon. Now more than ever I think they have a handle on precisely what they want to do design-wise. A lot of that talking is just restless people theorycrafting while they wait for the game to launch or begin test phases.

There is nothing wrong with waiting until we have something more definitive to talk about.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    edited September 2016
    Well even p99's community is cancer so I think we're screwed. Decent communities are the past, even in group-centric games. Sad times

Weird... because the vast majority of folks I meet in P99 are great. The have supported me plenty with plat, time, and comradeship as I have levelled. I'm not sure why you might have had such a different experience... Maybe a case of reaping what you sow?
    P99 doesn't become cancerous really until high levels. The people playing just to enjoy the game in a leisurely fashion are usually a lot of fun and respectable. Once you start competing with the lifelong neckbeards and people set out to do what they couldn't achieve on live, then you get into a real pissing contest with some toxic basement dwellers.