Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK Promotional Event Items Announced - prep to cringe

LumiLumiLumiLumi Member UncommonPosts: 48
edited July 2016 in Final Fantasy XIV
[Lodestone: Link]

So you need to buy the August, October and September issues of Games Master to get codes for most of the items. Then email a picture of yourself with the 3 codes into GM to obtain the mount. So it's three months at £4.99 each to get all the items.

Worst things: The maid/butler items are locked to the last issue. The mount of locked to having all 3 issues. 

Generally shocked at how shitty a promotion it is in comparison to NA/JP promotions. JP required you to purchase some drinks for points. NA wanted you to spend $20 to get everything in one go. UK wants you to spend 3 additional months and spending £15 to email a guy to get the last thing. And from experience of giveaways from magazines, prepare to wait ages for the mount code form staff too :( 

Comments

• KoboliKoboli Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Sounds like a Brexit issue.
  • BigRamboBigRambo Member UncommonPosts: 191
  • SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Is this the only way players can obtain the fat chocobo mount now then? That's pretty sad, it's one of the best mounts in the game. 
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    in a p2p game.  well if you have stupid people as your customers you need to milk them!
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Disappointing in a game I spend a monthly sub to play that I can't get these items through internal game methods.
    I don't care for it either but as long as its cosmetic ..eh. Although if it will keep players like scorpex-x away it can stay.
    It's a slippery slope. And I have seen too many games take a nose dive straight off the deep end. I can only hope this will be the exception to the rule.
  • SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Disappointing in a game I spend a monthly sub to play that I can't get these items through internal game methods.
    Well you could go play WoW where you can sub for over a year and get absolutely no new content for show for it.. FF14 ARR is one of the few remaining MMOs that are actually doing a good job with their subscription model. 
    Senden said:
    Well you could go play WoW where you can sub for over a year and get absolutely no new content for show for it.. FF14 ARR is one of the few remaining MMOs that are actually doing a good job with their subscription model. 
    Yes, and it also has the best business model currently available in online gaming and why I remain subbed and active. But I still find it  disappointing that these items cannot be played for.
  • KoboliKoboli Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Honestly, I resubbed to the game 4 days ago and still haven't even played. I want to roll a new toon on my old server of Balmung, but even at 5 am PST, it's been a no-go. I'll try one more time after the server reboot next week, but if I can't get in then, I'm unsubbing once more.

It's absolute lunacy that they don't allow you - when you already possess a character on a given server - to roll more than one just because of population limits. What, am I going to hack into the code and somehow magically play both toons at once, thus crowding out some deserving soul?

And it's been like this practically since launch (no, I do not want to roll somewhere else; I'm an RPer, and the majority of the RP is on Balmung and Gilgamesh, both of which are eternally locked). That Square has done nothing at all to address this chronic situation in the YEARS that it has been a problem is a cold, hard statement as to how out of touch they are.
  • LumiLumiLumiLumi Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Senden said:
    Is this the only way players can obtain the fat chocobo mount now then? That's pretty sad, it's one of the best mounts in the game. 
    It's a different Fat Chocobo. It's a white version.
    Koboli said:
    Honestly, I resubbed to the game 4 days ago and still haven't even played. I want to roll a new toon on my old server of Balmung, but even at 5 am PST, it's been a no-go. I'll try one more time after the server reboot next week, but if I can't get in then, I'm unsubbing once more.

It's absolute lunacy that they don't allow you - when you already possess a character on a given server - to roll more than one just because of population limits. What, am I going to hack into the code and somehow magically play both toons at once, thus crowding out some deserving soul?

And it's been like this practically since launch (no, I do not want to roll somewhere else; I'm an RPer, and the majority of the RP is on Balmung and Gilgamesh, both of which are eternally locked). That Square has done nothing at all to address this chronic situation in the YEARS that it has been a problem is a cold, hard statement as to how out of touch they are.
    I honestly feel there should be a friend token system where you give them a server recruitment code that allows them to make a character on that server. But then you'd have the problem with already mega populated servers becoming even more so because people just invite or their mates or "invite me" mega-threads will just take over forums etc. 

We need some kind of restriction but people override it by just getting up at a stupid time to make a new character anyway. 
    The idea of logging in at 3AM just to make a character is ridiculous. Subscribed players aught to be able get on a waiting list and reserve a token as slots become available with priority given to time on the list and veteran status factored in.
    The idea of logging in at 3AM just to make a character is ridiculous. Subscribed players aught to be able get on a waiting list and reserve a token as slots become available with priority given to time on the list and veteran status factored in.
    But then other MMOs just completely close the server and stop letting you even make characters, let alone at quiet times. So I'm not sure... some of the quieter servers really need populating too. 
    LumiLumi said:
    But then other MMOs just completely close the server and stop letting you even make characters, let alone at quiet times. So I'm not sure... some of the quieter servers really need populating too. 
    I dunno, then maybe merges are in order....or a Mega Server.