Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mod post from LotR forum

gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
Cordovan is offlineAdministrator
We appreciate everyone's concerns for the team's well-being, and know that folks have seen and read your thoughts. We aren't able to comment specifically on personnel matters, especially when they come from business decision-making like this, but we would reiterate the part from yesterday's official statement that Lord of the Rings Online will continue to operate as it does now. Additionally, we'd like you to know that our development plans remain unchanged. 

You'll notice that I'm posting this rather than Frelorn. Some of you may remember me from a few years ago when I did community work for LOTRO under Sapience, and filled in during the gap before Frelorn took over. I will be doing forum and community work for at least a while here, in addition to the work I do for Dungeons & Dragons Online. I'll chat more soon, and be available to answer whatever questions I can. In the meantime, if you are a streamer, fansite operator, podcaster, whatever, you can reach me through the forums here in addition to our typical LOTRO contact methods (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)

Frelorn was the CM and he posted on Twitter yesterday that his road has taken a different path.

The following was also posted:

Cordovan is offlineAdministrator
Quote Originally Posted by daneyul View Post
\

Thanks, Cordovan!

Would you be able to tell us who else in the Lotro team is gone? Or at least how many from the team? 

And, with less staff (assuming Lotro programmers were among the casualties) how can development plans not realistically be altered?
No, sorry. I know folks are curious about this kind of thing, but we don't provide visibility into team size and such. All we can really say is that our development plans remain unchanged; the goals are there, even if the path to get there has shifted.
No, sorry. I know folks are curious about this kind of thing, but we don't provide visibility into team size and such. All we can really say is that our development plans remain unchanged; the goals are there, even if the path to get there has shifted.

So as a minimum the CM is no more (good guy as well) and the inference from the response is that the dev team may be smaller as well but again the statement that development plans are unchanged.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MareliusMarelius Member UncommonPosts: 130
    Sad to see this happen. I really think Turbine has had one of the best bunch of people working for them through the years. They were great with community back with Asheron's Call to present. 

Good luck to former and current, thanks for all the great gaming days! 
    Sometimes it's not always about what you can see or hear but what's under the hood of a game that's most impressive. Between those thousands and thousands of lines of code, magic happens. Sometimes the most amazing feats of gaming wizardry happen without you even noticing.

Rob Manuel