Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forced adverisement is illigal?

CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
whenever i wanne see a youtube on this site i need to wait and press the advertisement in order to see the vid..

Is this even legal?

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    why would it not be legal?
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Of course it is legal. YouTube is a privately held corporation (maybe public traded) and as such they have the right to do anything they want with it within the confines of the law. Yes, they are <bleping> annoying, but so are banner ads, NBC.com having ads on their free to watch programming, regular commercials on regular tv, and millennials.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Video pre-rolls/non-linear video ads are part of our stated advertisement policy.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited July 2016
    Wut?  What body of law could this possibly violate?  Your constitutional right to not be annoyed by shitty ads?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,499
    I much rather have that type of advertising where you have to wait a few seconds after clicking on something then to have my screen full of banner ads everywhere, where there are more ads than content.  You make the decision to click, therefore you agree with the advertised method. 
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Wut?  What body of law could this possibly violate?  Your constitutional right to not be annoyed by shitty ads?
    It's a direct violation of the amendment which states that you have the right to never be offended, annoyed, or put off by anyone or anything, ever. You know, the imaginary one so many people seem to think exists.

Though even if it did, considering how the U.S. government has been wiping its ass with the Constitution and running roughshod over the rule of law and separation of powers for the last 12 years or so, it most likely wouldn't matter anyway. At least, not until some demagogue decided to utilize it to further their own ends. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    The EU has different laws from the U.S.  Our law is not the only law in the world.  Now I'm not saying that the EU has such a law, but their laws on advertising are more austere than here. 

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    whenever i wanne see a youtube on this site i need to wait and press the advertisement in order to see the vid..

Is this even legal?
    I hope your joking, really, for the sake of mankind and its future I hope that you are joking.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,112
    edited July 2016
    I never see any ads
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MeleconMelecon Member UncommonPosts: 74
    It's a direct violation of the amendment which states that you have the right to never be offended, annoyed, or put off by anyone or anything, ever. You know, the imaginary one so many people seem to think exists.

Though even if it did, considering how the U.S. government has been wiping its ass with the Constitution and running roughshod over the rule of law and separation of powers for the last 12 years or so, it most likely wouldn't matter anyway. At least, not until some demagogue decided to utilize it to further their own ends. 
    Oh you mean your Freedom of Speech amendment, gotcha.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    edited July 2016

As long as they aren't doing password sharing they are ok.  As of last week, it is illegal to do password sharing. Ex;  hbogo and dishnetwork.

Saw it on hacker news the other day:  http://fortune.com/2016/07/10/sharing-netflix-password-crime/

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Just advertise with boobies and noone will complain.
    Are you onto something or just on something?