8 years of broken promises

13»

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Manchester, NHMember RarePosts: 3,734
    MMO has terrible launch, barely any subs and can't deliver on everything they promised.  If you expected anything fixed after it bombed so bad, you're super naive.
  • GladDogGladDog Pottstown, PAMember RarePosts: 848
    I was one of those alpha and beta testers that were so maligned.  I did everything they asked, filed bug reports (that rarely got fixed, btw), and followed their directions - play as many classes as you can to test the game play.

There were a lot of us too.  We did pages and pages of bug reports on the testing forums, especially about melee combat (much more boring than it needed to be, other than fatalities).  If they were unaware of problems, it was because they were not reading the testing forums.  Even then, a lot of us were testing many classes and did not level cap.  I should have seen the pattern though; the higher you level, the more bugs you find.  What kind of disaster was waiting as you approached level 80?

It was pretty disastrous.  And instead of investing to fix the problems, they moved a whole lot of those funds made from AoC to developing TSW.

I cut my losses and quit the game 6 months after release, which was remarkably close to when they announced The Secret World.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• doodphacedoodphace Vancouver, BCMember UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Cymdai said:

IDK why they don't just try to make a non-MMO to fill the coffers
    They do, and have
  • CymdaiCymdai Raleigh, NCMember UncommonPosts: 1,041
    Then they learned their lesson. Good on them

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon ParisMember RarePosts: 3,297
    edited July 2016
    Get a fucking grip op lmfao wtf!  Do you realize how pathetic you come across talking about depression and shit

Lmfao. 
    Post edited by SavageHorizon on

• Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Member UncommonPosts: 3,120
    Does anyone else feel that this post is a many years too late at this point?

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • NeblessNebless Hammond, ORMember UncommonPosts: 1,067
    MMO has terrible launch, barely any subs and can't deliver on everything they promised.  If you expected anything fixed after it bombed so bad, you're super naive.
    I don't know.  They added lower level quests to fill the void that was there after Tortage.  They released a expansion and quest packs to help with leveling and they finally fixed the 'can't play the expansion without a sub' problem.  So things have been and are getting fixed.  Maybe not fast mind you, but it's happening.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO - GnH (beta tester) - SWToR - Neverwinter