Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Magic / Not High Fantasy

124»

Comments

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    edited July 2016
    whilan said:
    *snip*
    Ahh. I see you like to go the absurd hyperbole route in some lame attempt to show, I  am assuming here, sarcasm?

Here's something for you to ponder the next time you're on the pooper. 
    Fantasy:  fiction that uses magic or other supernatural elements as a main plot element, theme, or setting.
    Guess what we haven't seen yet from CoE; Magic or other supernatural elements as a main plot element, theme, or setting.
    Yet they call it Fantasy... how comes?

*snip*

I would consider, liches, spirit walking, souls, reincarnation and gods, to be of the "supernatural elements" You don't always need straight up magic ala lighting and fireballs to be fantasy.  Also we are on another world with life and unusual animal types.

Also not sure where you got that definition from, appreciate a source. Here however is the one from Merriam Webster.

Simple Definition of fantasy

• : something that is produced by the imagination : an idea about doing something that is far removed from normal reality

• : the act of imagining something

• :a book, movie, etc., that tells a story about things that happen in an imaginary world

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fantasy

I'd say this happens withing a imaginary world therefore falls under the condition of fantasy.
    [mod edit]
    Well we didn't have a source of the other one, so I have no clue where it comes from, anyone can say something, backing it up with a source however is another matter, I didn't "bitch and moan" because I wasn't apart of the conversation at that point.
    Post edited by Vaross on

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.