Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open beta info, no p2w

2»

Comments

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    You can't run dungeons infinitely, while it's true you can remove the cd timer all dungeons cap at 10 tries. Since the dungeons are all located in the same zone, you can run 2 dungeons at once and not feel the effects of a cd, all classes can solo elite dungeon on easy mode. You can purchase skins with lucky coins which are also gotten within the game.  Talent points are gotten every 10 levels, so this farm is very short, it's cheap enough to buy the item for sealing a very cheap price (provided you seal at level 10 and under The monthly premium is 11.90 , there are 60 and 180 versions as well. Whales have no advantage in this game, while it's true founders do have an advantage at 30 and 60 day mark, but after that the advantage is gone. Items to break down gear is sold by vendors and not by the cash shop, so how is that relevant to being p2w?

Seems people only telling half truths trying to make some weird point.
    A free player is able to run the best dungeon 10 times over 10 hours.

A P2W player could do those 10 runs in 1-2 hours.

Do you not see a problem here in terms of progression speed?
  • tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Jacobin said:
    You can't run dungeons infinitely, while it's true you can remove the cd timer all dungeons cap at 10 tries. Since the dungeons are all located in the same zone, you can run 2 dungeons at once and not feel the effects of a cd, all classes can solo elite dungeon on easy mode. You can purchase skins with lucky coins which are also gotten within the game.  Talent points are gotten every 10 levels, so this farm is very short, it's cheap enough to buy the item for sealing a very cheap price (provided you seal at level 10 and under The monthly premium is 11.90 , there are 60 and 180 versions as well. Whales have no advantage in this game, while it's true founders do have an advantage at 30 and 60 day mark, but after that the advantage is gone. Items to break down gear is sold by vendors and not by the cash shop, so how is that relevant to being p2w?

Seems people only telling half truths trying to make some weird point.
    A free player is able to run the best dungeon 10 times over 10 hours.

A P2W player could do those 10 runs in 1-2 hours.

Do you not see a problem here in terms of progression speed?
    Not really. If you cant pay you prolly dont have a job and can use the 8 hours we others use at work + 2 hours = 10 hours without paying.

Us others go 8 hours to work, pays up and grinds 2 hours = 10 hours.

Seems kinda equal to me :) Of course i understand the whining bout the 8 hours extra if you dont pay, but I recommend on getting a job instead for those 8 hours.
     If you allready got a job and cant afford to pay you obviously are doing something wrong :)

• PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Free to play games are not free to play as equals as paying players. They never have been, never will be. If you can't pay, don't play unless you can deal with that simple truth.  Why all the QQing?
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
     No matter what anyone does there will always be a crowd of people who think games just grow on trees, and want everything for free. They are the same type of person that will complain whenever something doesn't go their way. Or they feel under served, you know like the over weight family in the restaurant that complains they got their food after the smaller order, when they ordered first. Same people in the return line at the supermarket, that are trying to return food that expired after they purchased it etc.

These types of people exist in every culture, they want high paying jobs for little work, and they want free entertainment.  It's the reason free to play was created in the first place, instant gratification. The problem is game companies need to pay their employees and still make enough to grow, while the vocal complainers want free stuff all the time.

So companies try to find middle ground, in my opinion the classic subscription model and box price was probably the most honest way to go. Still people insist free to play is how things should be, yet they also insist that they shouldn't "have" to pay either, which that's the problem. Companies cannot survive when a majority of players, are playing free, while expecting the minority to pay enough for everyone. The only way to coax that minority to pay enough, is to give them decent reasons to do so. 

That being said, Nexon is going with a premium sub option, so they are removing many of the cash shop items from the KR client. The few that remain are strong enough in my opinion. The alternative is to go to box price and subscription, while removing the shop all together. 
  • gabead1974gabead1974 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    The problem with Free to Play is the price of everything. I get companies need money to sustain their product, but I would rather pay box price or monthly fees instead of paying for each thing in a cash shop. Cash shops wouldn't be so bad if they didn't price gouge everything to death like paying almost 10 -15 bucks for ONE mount when you used to pay 15 bucks a month and pretty got everything you needed. 
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Archeage, Atlantica Online, Blade and Soul, etc etc.... just give it a month or two.  Shouldn't take too long for the cash shop to change to become more P2W over time.  I'm pretty sure companies do it that way on purpose.
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    im enjoying this for what ever reason . my first attempt at a nexon game , and ill be honest with you it cant be any worse then trion and archeage .
    if that your first nexon game you will learn soon enough they can give a run at your money better that many others company... they dont shy away at a fight with trion for the titles of the worst p2win dev.... when they want to do it you will learn why many peoples never play a games when they got a nexon tag next to it.

nexon usualy do a 1 months break when they releases a games, then they almost go all out!

3 months after they got only whale mostly.... 
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    This is Nexon. If it's not P2W at launch, it will be very VERY shortly. Take it from someone who loves (Nexon's) Atlantica Online as a game, played it for 7 years and knows EXACTLY how these scum bags work.
    I know exactly what you mean; playing Atlantica Online (years ago) was the worst gaming mistake that I've ever made. This is the reason why I won't even try Riders of Icarus; I probably would have if I didn't know how the company works. They are, unfortunately, the gaming company that I trust the least.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Actually the biggest pay to win element of this game (especially if you are a tank) is the insurance against downgrades in enchanting.  Just try to get an item to +15 without insurance.  You will be seeing free players with a lot of +10 to +12 items and pay to win players with items pushing +20, and you won't want any tank at least in +10 gear at endgame.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    ive wrote it many times about the p2w features. ive played on that private server. Nexon wont change the whole game code just to suite west, what they do is slowly release update after update, filtering all f2p players with each lvl cap and just forming a band of whales that heavy invest into their game. In that process they also change to lower quality servers to make it piss poor cheap to maintain.
    Now at lvl 60 the game cannot be played as f2p player. You will never complete the skytower wich is needed to for a quest to unlock the ultimate lvl 60 skills. For that you need at least a full +15 set wich a f2p can never ever reach. also i wont start even with all the cash shop buffs/mounts/ scrolls/ food/ potions/stats buffs (up to 40%).

Now the legendary mounts are not catchable without cash shop help, okay they are but with a chance of 20-50% around. To get the scrolls to catch legendary mounts you need to hunt mobs with a very low dropchance to forge that item. While making that item it can also fail with a 55% chance. Now rinse and repeat till you have 0 braincells left.
    A f2p player get to around 10k attack power max, while a cash shoper gets up to 30k attack power. While you hit for 30k around at lvl 60 he will hit for 120k.

The whole core of this game is build around heavy spenders, hence is freaking p2w.
    anyway, the game is a korean trash fest.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Yeah, I don't trust a word they say, sorry. They SAY they won't, then they do. Because its all about money. 
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited July 2016
    Atlantica Online started with no P2W in the cash shop.  One month later...

Blade and Soul started with no P2W in the cash shop.  One month later...

Pretty sure it's the case with lots of other Nexon games too but my memory's a bit hazy on the details.
  • MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Member UncommonPosts: 223
    edited July 2016
    The premium for the game is worthwhile, imo you'd be foolish not to get it.  180 day is 49. 99, what you get for it:

Character EXP increase 20%
    Familiar EXP increase 20%
    Taming chance increase 10%
    Dropped total money increase 10%
    Auction listing fee decreased 10%
    Auction sales decreased by 10%
    Quest Ellun rewards increased by 100%
    Daily replenishment of taming points

It is cheaper than many sub based games. (11.90 for 1 month)

Pro tip level a priest, can solo anything with this class (This priest is in +11)

Elluns are gotten through dailys, and achievements, as we get new zones, comes more dailys, elluns will not be a problem. Learn to correctly budget your elluns.  All content can be done with +10. As a free to play player you will have to work at the things you need, but you still progress, and if you haven't learned by now to join a guild with a whale or two, then I don't know what to tell ya. Nexon so far has insisted it won't be p2w, time will tell if it will be or won't be.

Players should support the game they play, whether through sub or cash shop, all game companies need to make money in order to keep the game going. If I have to spend a lot at the cash shop to progress, even though I pay a monthly fee, this is not what I consider getting value for my dollar. You're the same people that complain about subs, then you complain about cash shops, then there is downloadable content to pay for, but in the end you will have to contribute something.

As a free to play player you will have to work at getting the thing you need to progress, but you will progress.

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    All the hate can only mean one thing...I will probably enjoy this game.

Time to take another look at RoI I suppose.
  • MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Member UncommonPosts: 223
    spikers14 said:
    All the hate can only mean one thing...I will probably enjoy this game.

Time to take another look at RoI I suppose.
    Must have the KITTEH. http://icarus.nexon.net/en/news/article/15151