Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Site Redesign Feedback Thread

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
edited July 2016 in Site Suggestions
Hey guys,

The new site is launching tonight (7/25) and we'd like to collect all your feedback and bugs here. Please keep posts of this nature to this thread so we can easily comb through the feedback/issues.

Thanks!
Post edited by BillMurphy on

Comments

• MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Can we get a dark theme?

Also comments section is white text for me... 

http://prntscr.com/bjdy1g
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    edited June 2016
    Hello,

I just found out that your emails are going away.  I wish I knew as I have a lot of email setup at that mmorpg.com
    address  and often to change it you need to be able to access the original email address do that.  Will there be a temporary access period for the old emails?  Can a forwarding address get setup @Meddle
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    edited June 2016
    From the dark-theme home page (except the space behind the ads has unfortunately remained white), which says "Guest" in the upper right as if I am not logged in, pressing the community button opens a new tab (?) and the forums aren't dark-themed (??) and I'm logged in (???)

Also, when looking at a forum page, the drop-down notifications are half off the right side of the screen.

Not technically a bug, but, I'm sad that the post edited notice is still an eye-searing red instead of a nice grey or purple, and there's still no disagree button.  Really happy to have the forums back up though.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Looks nice.
  • Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Trying to hit the Contest Link at the top, no response.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Can I change the background color?  I'd prefer something a little darker.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Not on the forums YET, but yes on the home page. See circle at top left of header.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

waynejr2 said:
    Hello,

I just found out that your emails are going away.  I wish I knew as I have a lot of email setup at that mmorpg.com
    address  and often to change it you need to be able to access the original email address do that.  Will there be a temporary access period for the old emails?  Can a forwarding address get setup @Meddle

Apparently there is nothing they can do.

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

edited June 2016
    On the profile page, things are getting stepped on.  The links for posts/discussions are mixed in with the badges.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    My time looking at the forums will be much less without it having a dark background.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Horusra said:
    My time looking at the forums will be much less without it having a dark background.
    It's comin'! Bear with us. :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Good. Thought someone said there was nothing that could, which I took for would, be done.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited June 2016
    Not on the forums YET, but yes on the home page. See circle at top left of header.
    If you guys are considering it...  I'd vote for the darker homepage to be default.  The white does seem a little bright, and I feel that new folks, in general, would probably be more receptive of the darker theme.  That's just my gut feeling, though.

Btw, thanks for all the hard work you guys put in!  I really do enjoy the fresh layout.

• LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385
    I know it keeps being said but the white is not good.  Needs to be darker.
  • FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    edited June 2016
    Generally I think that I like the changes (or at least I don't hate them), but two things I noticed: the banner on the front page is really annoying, covering a third of the total height of the page (res. 1366x768). That alone would probably discourage me from checking the main page regularly. Also the "top voted" games don't appear on the main page anymore. =/ 

edit: well now the old website is back o.o
  • KoboliKoboli Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Looks bad. But, hey, since when have opinions ever mattered?
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

edit: well now the old website is back o.o
    Oh good, I thought it was just me!

• FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    edited June 2016
    The website was so white that it self-destruct =P
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Well. It's...uhh...umm, I think, maybe it just might.....errr, What I mean is well.................
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,360
    im unable to see the text on the quick reply box .....dunno why i have to click preview to view what im writing lol  (Firefox)
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    The homepage is still showing up in the old format for me. I've deleted my web cache, and that fixed the forums (which were messed up) but the homepage is still the same.
    And this leave a comment field is showing up as white text on a white field . . .
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    Seems like the new site has alot of bugs in it so far.. :(
  • maple2maple2 Member UncommonPosts: 161
    edited June 2016
    ugly and no new design? just the same old ugly design. and also how the hell can u take 24 hours to just make no change? it makes no sense to take 24 hours to make nothing new but bugs are u a team of people with no actual skills?
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    This editor is white with white letters on it for me :(

Aside from that, I had the new frontpage earlier today (and was slow like hell), but now it's back to the old frontpage again.
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    I think they may have turned the old one back on because of a bug or too update the new one.. who knows.. Might be a cacheing issues on a server or something.
This discussion has been closed.