Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It Really Has Gotten Better

Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
I tried Wildstar for a third time and it seemed to be the charm. The first time was in the open beta, the second was about 7 months ago, and figured I'd give it one more go a week ago. 

It's like it's not even the same game I played in the beta. Back then I thought it was the most amateurish piece of trash I'd ever seen released from a reasonably respected party. I hated the graphics, the rubber banding was real, so, so much else...

But what I've been playing is a very polished, super fun game. The humor has cracked me up on a few occasions I admit. The art seems cleaner somehow. It is 100% better than it was even last December. 

And the community is very friendly and helpful. One even showed me how to put my helmet on! That was the deal breaker for me 7 months ago, but now that I see how the costume system works I have to admit to being impressed with it, along with a lot of other QoL mechanics. 

I am unsure if the Steam will save it, but I've put my money where my mouth is and put $50 in for a sub and some in-game stuff. I figure even if it shuts down in three months I'll get my half-Franklin's worth. 

Anyhow, if you haven't played it in a while but saw the potential when you did, might want to check it out again.

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I like the game a lot. It seems like steam is helping it a bit at least. The steam charts population is going up every day. It started at like 1k people on max for that day, to 3k the next day, to 5k yesterday, hopefully it keeps going up, the game deserves to do good. I hope it will at least allow them to keep developing it. NCsoft won't keep the game running if they don't pick up the amount of population. But who knows what will happen. 
  • Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    I'm in and really enjoying it.  
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    edited June 2016
    I am really hoping this game manages to get a threshold of survivable numbers. I feel it would be an awful waste if this game just gets shut down as it has some wonderful art which is both quirky and beautiful. I loved the housing and music and enjoyed the humour in the lore among other things. Although I personally did not like the combat I hope it does find its fan base and thrive. I also loved the fact that some of the writers were huge sci fi fans as you realised from some of their lore. It would be a pity for such a game to be killed. 

If you haven't already tried the game give a it a go.
    Chamber of Chains