Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playstation 4 Version to Launch May 31st

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imagePlaystation 4 Version to Launch May 31st

PlayStation 4 SMITE fans have little time left to wait. Hi-Rez Studios has sent brief word that the official launch date for the SMITE PlayStation 4 version is now scheduled for Tuesday, May 31st.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I played it a bit on the ps4 so far, and it does run nicely, and plays pretty well on a controller. The issue for me is how small the text is on a TV, it's just impossible to read a lot of the words on shop items or hp bars and things like that so it still feels better to play on the PC for me.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    This game played with a controller is completely horrible.

You use your thumbs on the left to Aim and the thumb on the right to Move... but if you move you cant cast skills because your right thumb is already on thumbstick... which means you have to stop, cast skill and then move again...

And guess what? People are playing with a device that allows them to use Keyboard and Mouse and play this game and are completely wrecking the poor controller players.

Very good game, but this does not belong to consoles.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Consoles now use kb and mouse welcome to 2016
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    I played it a bit on the ps4 so far, and it does run nicely, and plays pretty well on a controller. The issue for me is how small the text is on a TV, it's just impossible to read a lot of the words on shop items or hp bars and things like that so it still feels better to play on the PC for me.
    Okay you want to hear the reverse of that problem, most developers now develop their text so console gamers can read it on their TV 10 feet from their sofa, so for me a PC gamer I now have like 3 words that take up my whole monitor.  Where before I would have 50 words on screen at once, plus my inventory open plus my character panel open plus my skill window open, and I can see all of it at once. But because you cant do that for a console all that crap gets broken out into 10 different full screen windows that I can only look at ONE AT A TIME.

Ya Im a little bit bitter that console UI's have destroyed the PC UI experience.  Put keep in mind Smite was a PC first game so your getting our UI, aint it just grand?
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Truth be told, this is stupid to cry about, smite is old