Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch 1.6/2.1 Live

rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
Notable changes/additions.

SURFACE

• Temporarily remove SRV mining

• Made it so that you can't interdict someone who is in orbital cruise

• Player's ship shields should recharge while player is in SRV

• Make all Skimmers and POI objects detectable by ground sensors only by default, we don't want ships picking them off from the skies without having to work for it. Note that anything firing at the player will still show up and be target-able back

• note that POIs can still be discovered from ships

• Collisions with skimmers are now also extremely disruptive to ships, hitting one will cause a temporarily loss of drives and shields

• don't do it

• Extend time ships can fly over settlements before they get fines and bounties

• Settlement point defence capability upgraded

• Skimmer disablers added

• Added point defence systems for settlements and bases

• Reduce the splash damage for dumbfire missiles so they're not overpowered against surface targets

Engineers

• Allow some Engineers to gain reputation by activities other than crafting

• Rebalance engineer reputation gain from crafting blueprints

• Updated rate of Engineer progression balancing numbers

• Prevent superpower reputation from affecting rep gained by Engineers crafting recipes

• Engineers invite mission does not take into account the size of your ship when it selects destination fixed

• Remove unused variables from engineer missions because they may have been blocking progress

• Increase default size of PopUp Engineer Dialogue s in order to accommodate larger strings

• Resource Grade icons have been updated to support grade 5 resources

• Updated buff icons to make them more readable

• Materials can be spawned inside signal sources

• Materials can be dropped from destroyed ships

• Materials can be dropped from destroyed skimmers

• Encoded data materials added

Mining

• Mining resources can now create materials

• Mining scenarios can now spawn in icy rings

• New mining commodities added

Missions

• If you scan a body that has a mission POI on it, the POI will be revealed. The scan can come from the discovery scanner, or from scanning a Nav beacon

• Make planetary missions use rank to determine base strength

• Mission givers have a welcome message that reflects the state of the minor faction, their tone and relationship with player

• Missions are now rated by rank, not gated by them

• Commodities can be awarded from missions

• Loot items can be awarded from missions

• Special treasure locations can be awarded by completing missions

• Added new planetary mission types

• Reduce mission limit to 20

• Make military rank progress a bit easier

Weapons & Modules

• added huge beam laser

• Added huge pulse laser

• Added huge multi-cannon

• Added large multi-cannon

• Added huge gimbal mount

• Shield cell banks now fire one at a time when triggered using the shield cell bank hotkey (similar to heatsinks)

• The Automated Field Maintenance Unit can no longer be repaired unless there are more than one active repair units

• Increased the heat damage of small beam laser slightly

• Explosive damage more effective against shield generators

• Increased torpedo damage

• Increased mine ammo capacity and hardness piercing

• Increased damage from missiles

• Increased ammo capacity for dumbfire missiles

• Reduce the splash damage for dumbfire missiles so they're not overpowered against surface targets

• Increase heat generated per shot on rail guns

• Reduce heat sink ammo by one Speed of Seeker missiles increased from 450 to 625.

• Speed of drunk (packhound) missiles increased from 400 to 600.

• Speed of Dumbfire missiles increase from 600 to 750.

• Blast radius of small seekers and dumbfires increased to be in line with mediums (50% boost).

• Hardness piercing of small seekers & dumbfires plus drunk missiles brought up to intended levels and consistent with medium (100% boost).

• Base damage and hull/module split of all missiles increased as intended, approximately a 40% increase to hull damage and 120% increase to module damage.

• Missiles now take an extra two point defence shots to bring down, but are still easily shot!

• Torpedos now have a 2.5 second arming time rather than their previous 0.5 second. When hitting a target before arming they will deal no damage and self destruct in a small puff

• Torpedos now inherit the speed of their launching ship for the first few seconds of flight, before dropping to a 250m/s cruising speed. These two changes give them an effective minimum range of about 700m+ depending on ship speeds, and also means that you won't be running into your own torpedoes

SHIPS

• Rebalanced heat efficiency of the Fer de Lance to offset the increased power plant change

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Galaxy & System Map

• Bookmarks: adding bookmark feature to galaxy map and system map. Player is now able to save specific locations (systems, star, planet, stations, surface settlement)

• Added collapsing sections to options screen

• Community goal markers added to galaxy map

• Minor faction state filters added to galaxy map

• Improved system map load time

• Galaxy map: showing controlling faction state in the galaxy map popup, making sure "none" is displayed when primary minor faction is no particular state

• When searching for a system name, trim whitespace off the end of the search as some people use methods which automatically place whitespace on the end which is preventing the search from working

FACTIONS & BGS

• Unlinked minor faction reputation from their parent major faction reputation, now you will be neutral with an Empire minor faction even if you are allied with the Empire major faction

• Added a 'cordial' minor faction reputation level

• Added new player group minor faction descriptions

• Galaxy map: showing controlling faction state in the galaxy map popup, making sure "none" is displayed when primary minor faction is no particular state

• Remove factions from systems that cannot generate scenarios

• ie: systems without any bodies in them. Added investment faction state

• Rebalance how player actions and missions count towards the star system's influence caps for the day

• Rebalance how player actions and missions contribute towards faction state and influence buckets

• Additional factors now contribute towards outbreak and famine's buckets

• Added a new "Retreat" state for factions with low influence levels not in their home system

• Significantly changed the "Expanded" state. The Faction's search for another system is now triggered at the end of the expansion's active phase. If the surrounding systems are full, then an expansion might trigger an invasion war if an appropriate defender can be found.

• Added new "Investment" state for factions that have failed to expand, which significantly increases development level for a short time and lets the Faction search a bit further away when they next expand

• The "Lockdown" state now locks down many station services for affected Factions, allowing Commanders to concentrate on helping those Factions' crime control efforts

• Conflicts should now be easier to win, with rebalanced effects of combat actions during conflicts.

• War now only needs a 5% influence difference to win. Civil War and Elections remain at 3%

• Superpower reputation now affects the rate of change of affiliated Faction reputation

• Fix background sim consequences for crimes other than piracy or murder and to consider both the victim faction and the faction that controls the jurisdiction of any crime

• Local news articles have been improved for many states, including which system a Faction has just expanded into!

• Fixed localisation for Commodity and Ship descriptions in local news reports

EXPLORATION

• Added the ability to scan a Nav beacon to get the system exploration data for that system

• Change the default number of items per page in Exploration selling from 20 to 50 following from server-side optimisations that make this plausible

• The Automated Field Maintenance Unit can no longer be repaired unless there are more than one active repair units Renamed CEECKIA ZQ-L C24-0 to Beagle Point

• The authored Naraka system has been renamed to Arbuda

• Renamed EACTAINDS GN-W C1-6 to Rendezvous Point

• Renamed duplicate HR 6946 to Mammon Hyperspace

• Hyperspace is now much bigger to accommodate large ships

COMMUNITY GOALS

• Community Goal rewards now automatically redeem after 2 weeks

• Everybody docked at Jaques Station has retreated to a safer distance

NEW PLANETS, STATIONS, SYSTEMS

• Added Bluford Orbital to LHS 3447

• Cannon Research space science outpost added to COL 285 SECTOR IX-T D3-

• Add Chopper's Orbital to Phiince system

• Added Alliance listening post (Cooper Research Centre) to HIP 19072

UI

• Clock added to cockpit's info panel

• Added an unpowered state for weapons in Cockpit UI

• The classified camera no longer resets the player's throttle

CRASH

• Crash when attempting to enter Supercruise after scanning a Nav beacon

SUPERCRUISE

• Add distances to wakes targeted by the player

• Hardpoints can no longer be deployed while in supercruise.

• Ships can no longer enter super cruise if their thrusters are disabled

POWERPLAY

• Powerplay ships can now be encountered in normal space

• Update spawning ambient AI in normal space, and add powerplay ships when at stations, nav beacons and RES locations

SMUGGLING

• Stop AI (often police) from scanning ships (particularly players) when docked at a station/outpost

• Fixes to AI scanning players with silent running enabled

COMBAT

• Fixed credit reward for routing a cap ship in war zones to 150000

Full Patch Notes

Link to google docs file

Engineers Release Trailer

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    The grindy path to more grind! ;)
    Sure, if you tend to focus on the grind then it's going to feel grindy. The same way people complain about the grind in BDO, or GW2 or LotRO and so on and so on.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Reputation grinding can be seen as boring by some, but in this patch they added enough new elements to make it interesting.

I may not want to grind up rep for 30 engineers, but doing it for selected ones (and getting the rewards) is fun.

Have fun
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Seems like some decent improvements.  I might have to log in and see what's what.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

rodingo said:
    Seems like some decent improvements.  I might have to log in and see what's what.
    Worth it.

Still lacking overall STORY, but Braben has dropped enough hints about a big alien related reveal around X-Mas-ish to get my hopes up for an improvement in that aspect too. Thargoid Invasion anyone ?!

Have fun
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I'll give E:D another year or so before I take another look at it. Seems to be slowly improving, but still has a ways to go before I'll be interested again. Besides, I'll save a bunch on expansion payments, lol
    I'll give E:D another year or so before I take another look at it. Seems to be slowly improving, but still has a ways to go before I'll be interested again. Besides, I'll save a bunch on expansion payments, lol
    If you have one of the VR headsets already, i recommend to get it now (if you pay for the Horizon update, you are basically paying for a series of updates).

If you plan to get a VR headset sometime later, i personally would say wait until then to get your E:D update and THEN enjoy flying in Elite in VR. Its stunning. And grab EVE Valkyrie too while you are at it ;-)

Have fun
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Erillion said:
    If you have one of the VR headsets already, i recommend to get it now (if you pay for the Horizon update, you are basically paying for a series of updates).

If you plan to get a VR headset sometime later, i personally would say wait until then to get your E:D update and THEN enjoy flying in Elite in VR. Its stunning. And grab EVE Valkyrie too while you are at it ;-)

Have fun
    I'll definitely get a VR headset, but not for a few years yet. I can't justify that expenditure at the current prices and content availability.

I will return once E:D adds atmospheric planets and their associated content. By then the game should have matured considerably, but I don't expect them to get to that point before about 2018, lol

Probably not a bad idea but you won't be saving that much. Horizons is now £20 and the next expansion is only £30. £50 for 2 expansions is pretty sweet.
    Will be interesting to see what the next expansion consists of.