Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need Help finding a game from the 90's

SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562

Ok here are the Facts.

1. PC Game

2. Set in medieval feudal era

3. 3/4 isometric view of the terrain

4. I strongly believe to be turn based

5. either Seirra, Interplay, or maybe Bullfrog produced it- the leaders of gaming companies in that time

6. the single soldiers you could move had little greay circles with black font on the bottom or top of their avatar

7. color palette was silver, gold, brown, grey. etc etc

8. you had to research I think

9. possibly dos- not sure

10.you collected taxes.

please help lol

Comments

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Baldur's Gate? think was out about 98 and Published by Interplay I believe. Only game I could think of sorry

• SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    You built up a city and you had generic units like solider spy cannon hmmm
  • DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    Hmm, it's not ringing any clear bells - but it sounds a bit like Powermonger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powermonger
  • OfficerFriendlyEQ2OfficerFriendlyEQ2 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    I really like these type of threads! Its a puzzle in itself. Good luck, OP. I really do hope youll eventually figure it out! I am curious too
  • wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Lords of the Realm maybe?  That was published by Sierra back in the 90s and had 2 sequels.

Can't speak for the other publishers from back then as there were many RTS and city building games in the 90s, but Sierra has a great vault website that lists all of their published games by year with links to screenshots.  Find it here: http://www.sierragamers.com/Sierra-Games.

• rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
    edited May 2016
    nvm i mis read the post :D

• BrutzelderechteBrutzelderechte Member UncommonPosts: 1
    take look on GOG.com.they have a lott of old ,older,...,games

• moonkissmoonkiss Member CommonPosts: 17
    90's are on nice age now. Why not try some new games to make your life different.  I suggest you to play Overwatch. Or as my brother, he will wait for Mirror Edge Catalyst. It will out next week by EA. I think it will be great game. EA games always very hot and popular. My brother have pre ordered it on scdkey. 

But if you like shooter game. DOOM is good choice too. I played some old games such as GTAV and Call of Duty. They are old but most guys playing. I have played them for long time. But i never bored. 

I think it is depends your sytile. If you like shooter you can choose some great game. If you like drive , you may choose some great drive games. 

Maybe you should give more details. So we can know what is you need. 
  • huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210
    looking at that sierra list it definatly brings back a lot of memories for me playing all those . now it seems too many of the games are generic formats just change the skin . i loved outpost i now it was not that well recieved  its such a shame but time moves on

OK I've looked thru thousands of images of 1990's games and no luck. I've looked thru Interplay, Sierra, Lucas Arts and no luck although I did find some old memories along the way

Solar Winds I & II

The Settlers

ThemePark

Warcraft I : Orcs verse Humans

Master of Magic

Now I need some game companys I haven't mentioned maybe that's a better route

@wanderica that's close but the camera was a lot more zoomed in. Trees were taller and your units would walk around in the snow. it did snow a lot, come to think it was always winter or fall and there was diseases too
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited May 2016
    check it out  www.abandonia.com   maybe look at the strategy games.  I found Ancient Art of War, Age of Wonders, Warlords.   
    Are you onto something or just on something?