Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest article from the Herald: Treason or Tantrum

ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
Here (I did not write it, I just linked it) 
Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 

Comments

• TimberhickTimberhick Member UncommonPosts: 554
    I'm assuming this is someone's 'Newspaper of Elyria' type of thing?
    Is this self written 'fluff' or reporting on 'fluff' written on the forums?
  • ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Yes, the dance of dynasties have begun. 
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Zultra said:
    Dance of dynasties?
  • DrakenhoffDrakenhoff Member UncommonPosts: 301
    If you had any knowledge of the game you would know what he is talking about

Signed Davan Drakenhoff ruler of Castle Drakenhoff the impenatrable castle made from cardboard

edited May 2016
    Zultra said:
    Dance of dynasties?
    The variouses houses in-game are working on alliances and power etc...
    Post edited by Zultra on

Does this 'dance of dynasties' have any actual bearing on the game or is it to keep people occupied?
    Of course it does its the community preparing their factions for release

Signed Davan Drakenhoff ruler of Castle Drakenhoff the impenatrable castle made from cardboard

Does this 'dance of dynasties' have any actual bearing on the game or is it to keep people occupied?
    It will do as it is about who controls what. 

And that doesn't happen in every MMO before release?

Perhaps I need to be more clear.
    Does this 'dance of dynasties' have any actual bearing on the 302 Counts, 20 Dukes, and the 5 Kings or is it to keep people occupied?
    Of course it does its the community preparing their factions for release
    It effects where people who have ranks are going to choose where to pick their counties etc.

Does it actually affect the game start?.... No
    Is it a bit of fun?..... yes
    Will it effect how the game plays out?....yes

• VucarVucar Member UncommonPosts: 311

Does this 'dance of dynasties' have any actual bearing on the 302 Counts, 20 Dukes, and the 5 Kings or is it to keep people occupied?
    Even if it doesn't, what's wrong with keeping people occupied?

I don't personally care or involve myself in it, but others find it engaging. With so much time before anyone can sink their teeth into testing, i understand people get bored, people want to stay active and have something to talk about, so i don't peg them for something i don't care about because it helps placate the community.
    Zultra said:
    It will do as it is about who controls what. 
    Wouldn't that mean then when the kickstarter backers are picking counties, duchies, and kingdoms.  That the best order of picking should be Monarch - Duke - Count.  Has there been any mention of who chooses first?  Got 5 monarchs, who chooses first?  Lottery?

If someone has pledged and isn't partaking in the 'dance of dynasties', how quickly will the coup attempts start?
    Highest ip chooses  

It will have huge impact during the exhibition as we make the world

Zultra said:
    Highest ip chooses  
    I thought it was order of pledging

Zultra said:
    Highest ip chooses  
    It is, but if they pledged the same the person with the highest IP gets first go.

you can get IP through multiple ways other then KS. 

• VucarVucar Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Zultra said:
    Zultra said:
    Highest ip chooses  
    It is, but if they pledged the same the person with the highest IP gets first go.

No he means "Backer 1" gets priority over "Backer 2" because he supported CoE earlier, assuming they pledged at the same level. That was my understanding as well, but i could be wrong.
    Vucar said:
    Zultra said:
    Zultra said:
    Highest ip chooses  

No he means "Backer 1" gets priority over "Backer 2" because he supported CoE earlier, assuming they pledged at the same level. That was my understanding as well, but i could be wrong.
    No I am sure that's right. Zultra is just hopeful because he has some ip coming and he wants to make a grab at nobility earlier.

I am positive they said on the ks comments that it would be in the order they pledged.

Zultra said:

It will have huge impact during the exhibition as we make the world
    Who goes first?  Is it by rank then by whatever means?  Will all the pickees know who picked what?
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    edited May 2016
    This was pretty well done and I think it adds to the game world if people continue to be involved in the events of players and it gets translated into lore. Even if that is player only lore. 

Anyone know what the plan is for dealing with Meta-Guilds if any? If they don't have one then the Dance of Dynasties will quickly become A Game of Pwns
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
    Archlyte said:
    This was pretty well done and I think it adds to the game world if people continue to be involved in the events of players and it gets translated into lore. Even if that is player only lore. 

Anyone know what the plan is for dealing with Meta-Guilds if any? If they don't have one then the Dance of Dynasties will quickly become A Game of Pwns
    That will sort itself out, I do not imagine meta-guilds will be able to control multiple kingdoms.