Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Daum is just plain daumb. Obvious and reported botters not being banned.

stickman1979stickman1979 Member UncommonPosts: 59
I reported a botter and took a video of him being on almost 24/7. I followed him around a few times during the day.
He is still there. Always in the same area, that we also sometimes like to grind.

I think he has some kind of a smart bot, because when I get close to him, I actually see him fight enemies; but when I go out a distance and quickly teleport in, all I see are dead mobs all around.
He also sometimes gets stuck on terrain, until mobs appear that is. Of course he is using the treant costume, so I have to go out of my damn way to report him, and of course he is ignoring all my texts. One time he replied with "Lol, I'm not a bot you noob just grinding while watching Netflix." So I started asking him more questions and he said he is adding me to ignore. But all this was after I tried to text him over the course of four days. Only got a few replies and then I'm ignored....??????

And then nonsense like this gets posted. Seriously, why can't Daum just look at accounts that have multiple 54+ and see how often they are on line,etc.

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    I remember mass bot trains of rangers in GW2  at launch, took anet 8 months to nail it down. In the meantime people complained hella on the forums. I suppose if they can find a way to fight them in BDO they will. Right now it's bugs and hacker bros that are the bigger concern. At least for now you can get a group together and PK the bot trains.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• stickman1979stickman1979 Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Tiller said:
    At least for now you can get a group together and PK the bot trains.
    Unless you are on pirate island, since those bots are also hacking and can wipe your whole group before you can do anything. Those idiots made the mobs so tough that now only hackers solo there. Pathetic.

That's another thing that pisses me off. Pirate island is a hackers paradise. We complain about it on the forums and nothing. All Daum does is remove the evidence we provide, give the hackers a temp suspension while allowing them to keep their stuff OR ignore them altogether, and nothing changes.

My guildee came back after a 3 days suspension. All his stuff and silver was there. What is the point in not cheating? Your first offense is seemingly forgotten and you can get the best gear possible with luck hacks and such all in the span of a few hours.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited May 2016
    Tiller said:
    At least for now you can get a group together and PK the bot trains.
    Unless you are on pirate island, since those bots are also hacking and can wipe your whole group before you can do anything. Those idiots made the mobs so tough that now only hackers solo there. Pathetic.

That's another thing that pisses me off. Pirate island is a hackers paradise. We complain about it on the forums and nothing. All Daum does is remove the evidence we provide, give the hackers a temp suspension while allowing them to keep their stuff OR ignore them altogether, and nothing changes.

My guildee came back after a 3 days suspension. All his stuff and silver was there. What is the point in not cheating? Your first offense is seemingly forgotten and you can get the best gear possible with luck hacks and such all in the span of a few hours.
    Wait so your saying your guild member was hacking and told you he got a 3 day suspension for it?

Or did he use an unbanning service to get unbanned?

But anyway the point of not cheating is to enjoy the game.  Accomplishments won't mean as much if you cheat your way to getting them.
    Everyone is hacking, The opinion on Uno is if they hack, hack back.  /shrug
    SWG Bloodfin vet

Tiller said:
    Well, I'm not.  I have yet to see someone hack (granted I'm not in my 50s yet).
    Wait so your saying your guild member was hacking and told you he got a 3 day suspension for it?
    Yes. He was a total dick. He has been hacking since launch and bragging about it. I am pretty sure someone in our own guild reported him.

A few days ago he came on Vent and said Daum gave him a temp ban and that all his stuff would probably be gone.
    Then he came back. Said all his stuff is still there and that he won't be hacking anymore.
    The issue is he is level 58 and has the best gear possible, with millions upon millions in silver.
    What is the point of staying legit if all you get is a temp ban. 3 days. He was gone for 3 fucking days.
    I am not sure how he came back, and I don't care. He is back and none of his stuff was taken.

Tiller said:
    That is stupid as fuck.
    I cant wait till Crowfall comes out. Until that time, Daum doesn't get a penny more from me.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Yes. He was a total dick. He has been hacking since launch and bragging about it. I am pretty sure someone in our own guild reported him.

A few days ago he came on Vent and said Daum gave him a temp ban and that all his stuff would probably be gone.
    Then he came back. Said all his stuff is still there and that he won't be hacking anymore.
    The issue is he is level 58 and has the best gear possible, with millions upon millions in silver.
    What is the point of staying legit if all you get is a temp ban. 3 days. He was gone for 3 fucking days.
    I am not sure how he came back, and I don't care. He is back and none of his stuff was taken.

Tiller said:
    That is stupid as fuck.
    I cant wait till Crowfall comes out. Until that time, Daum doesn't get a penny more from me.
    Sounds like Archeage all over again...Fuck that.
    edited May 2016
    Forgrimm said:
    Sounds like Archeage all over again...Fuck that.
    Yeah this was the reason why I quit AA, looks like it will be reason I quit BDO.
    Meanwhile Bliz and IMC just perma banned a ton of cheaters.
    As much as I don't like Blizzard, I may have to go back to WoW till CF comes out.
    Post edited by stickman1979 on

Tiller said:
    That is stupid as fuck.
    Last night that was the consensus in chat. So a bunch of guys got together to go hunt down a hacking PKer who has been f'n with people the last few weeks. They still couldn't get near him even with hacks. idk what he was using.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

"I am not sure how he came back, and I don't care. He is back and none of his stuff was taken."

Well, it makes a big difference.  If he used an unbanning service and reversed a permanent ban for hacking, that's unfortunate, but pretty much unavoidable unless Daum can figure out what the unbanning services are doing.

If he was specifically issued a temporary 3-day ban for hacking, that means Daum is lying about giving permanent bans for hacking.  That is a serious issue and they should be held accountable for that.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    You don't perma ban the regularly paying customers, regardless their behavior.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Apparently from what I saw on reddit, the guy claimed to just have bought the game and nothing else.  Which means $40 spent and he was not a regularly paying customer.

There's a video I could look up and link if you'd like of a guy that spent 100s and was permabanned.  He made a big rant about how he didn't think his hacking was "that bad" and was crying at one point.

Not sure why people are having a hard time believing that Daum is just simply inept when it comes to reversing bans.  There's plenty of evidence that their CS team is inept.

There is no evidence that they are intentional liars or that they're handing out temp bans to big spenders.

• OfficerFriendlyEQ2OfficerFriendlyEQ2 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Let me take out my nerd calculator....hmmm yes, i have five bots at $15 bucks each for sub minus two complainers at $15 each for sub....equals deaf ears. Get some rest
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited May 2016
    Kyleran said:
    Apparently from what I saw on reddit, the guy claimed to just have bought the game and nothing else.  Which means $40 spent and he was not a regularly paying customer.

There's a video I could look up and link if you'd like of a guy that spent 100s and was permabanned.  He made a big rant about how he didn't think his hacking was "that bad" and was crying at one point.

Not sure why people are having a hard time believing that Daum is just simply inept when it comes to reversing bans.  There's plenty of evidence that their CS team is inept.

There is no evidence that they are intentional liars or that they're handing out temp bans to big spenders.

The crying hacking video was (relatively) long ago ("long ago" in terms of BDO's current life time, at least), before hacking became rampant.

Back then, Daum could probably afford to ban a small amount of bad hackers even if they were paying customers.  Now, if they did that, they'd probably be banning more than half their population at a time when their revenue inflow has likely slowed down a lot.

So it's quite possible their policies have changed since then.