Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hackers in BDO getting temp bans?

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
edited May 2016 in Black Desert Online
Honestly if this is true, I'm not surprised. I missed the chat rage today, but I remember hearing about this guy. What do you gotta do? appeal it an say it was a mistake? Do they really have any log they can go through to verify? I mean I know we have no combat log so the only way we can prove a hacker is by video.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/87377-hacker-was-never-banned-now-two-weeks-later/

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/87384-seonbi-on-uno-still-hacking-still-pking-people-with-his-hacks-even-though-report-indicated-he-has-been-banned/

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/87391-seriously-unbanned/

SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Post edited by Tiller on

Comments

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Just reading those forums is aids. Typical dregs of society trolling going on over there.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I didn't buy BD because I felt that the pvp environment would attract cheaters.

But I never expected Daum to escalate the situation with their incompetence to such a degree.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    It's not their policy to give out temp bans for hacking.  Their policy is:

"Players found hacking are permanently banned, regardless of what baseless claims are made on external sites. "

But of course people believe anything they read that's negative about the game, just like the bogus duping thread that was posted here a week or two ago.

I'm waiting to see what Daum's response is to this thread on their site, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions that it's true or that it's the whole story.
    edited May 2016
    DMKano said:

What players need to understand is what every company does:

Player ranking score - it looks at time played, money spent, any violation flags etc....

Players that have a very high score (because they've spent $1000s on the game) - are likely to get temp bans because they are whales.

However if they persistently do major hacking eventually yes even whales get permanent bans.

But without a question there is a scale of punishment that is based on both the player score AND severity of misconduct. 

Bottom line temp bans and permanent bans exist in every game, because not all players are treated equally 
    Daum has been very specific about hacking, saying they get permanent bans.  That's not something Trion ever said that I remember.

The guy in your guild- did get get the temp ban for hacking?

If so, there's a problem because that would mean Daum is not being consistent with stated policy.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited May 2016
    DMKano said:

What players need to understand is what every company does:

Player ranking score - it looks at time played, money spent, any violation flags etc....

Players that have a very high score (because they've spent $1000s on the game) - are likely to get temp bans because they are whales.

However if they persistently do major hacking eventually yes even whales get permanent bans.

But without a question there is a scale of punishment that is based on both the player score AND severity of misconduct. 

Bottom line temp bans and permanent bans exist in every game, because not all players are treated equally 
    That has become obvious here. I guess this guy is running around killing people again too xD.

This game is a bit of a mess. Daum is now giving us the silent treatment and there is no interaction at all on the forums beyond the recent announcement. CM_Jouska has pretty much just gone to silently paroling the forums. There is no community manager and threads are going full troll.

Not sure what is going on but I sense there is a communication breakdown between Daum and PE.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I think you have to accept hacking is a part of the game. All games have some level of hacking going on. I hate that people do it and it makes me mad too, but like I said it is part of this game and just about every game you play. I wish there was a real viable answer but there is not. Every gaming company struggles with this plague if you will. My advice is take it with a grain of salt and don't let it bother you. After all we play games for entertainment purposes.

"And Trion has explicitly stated that they do both temp and permanent bans. It's been their policy for years.

Not sure where you get this idea that Trion doesn't do permanent bans - go read archbuddy forums if you need proof heh."

I believe they give out permanent bans.  But they didn't for the exploiting that was going on before I left the game.

Granted we're not talking about exploiting, we're talking about hacking.

Daum is very specific by saying they give out permanent bans for hacking, and they've said it multiple times.

Like I said, if they're not doing that, there's a problem.  But I'm not ready to jump to conclusions about it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    If companies say something, we have to believe them I guess...
    So i guess CM_Jouska said he was banned, yet this guy definitely came back, which tells me their methods of banning players isn't working. Not sure what is going on here but I suspect this guy must have gotten a time suspension rather than a ban. Something isn't right.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

edited May 2016
    Albatroes said:
    If companies say something, we have to believe them I guess...
    Um, no, but we should hold them accountable if they're doing something that's against what they're saying.

Anyway, GM replied in that thread.  Said the person was never banned to begin with and the video evidence is in the queue to be looked at.

GM response quickly after a thread like this is pretty nice and more than you get in most games.

So, as it stands, no, they don't give temp bans for hacking and there currently is no proof to the contrary.
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    edited May 2016
     Not even WoW perma bans botters/hackers on first offense, they do a 6 month temp ban and they very rarely wipe items/gold. These companies want players they just don't want them to cheat, if they can get both they will try. If the slap on the wrist doesn't work they will be perma banned, I don't see a massive problem with the policy. For the record though, they have stated publicly that a few players who admitted to cheating and apologized for it, were given temporary suspensions and items removed not perma bans.
    Tiller said:
    So i guess CM_Jouska said he was banned, yet this guy definitely came back, which tells me their methods of banning players isn't working. Not sure what is going on here but I suspect this guy must have gotten a time suspension rather than a ban. Something isn't right.
    Um, no.  He wasn't banned.  Reading comprehension please.

"No this player was not unbanned, as he had not been banned"
  • stickman1979stickman1979 Member UncommonPosts: 59

"Players found hacking are permanently banned, regardless of what baseless claims are made on external sites. "

But of course people believe anything they read that's negative about the game, just like the bogus duping thread that was posted here a week or two ago.

I'm waiting to see what Daum's response is to this thread on their site, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions that it's true or that it's the whole story.
    How about real proof with video?
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/83276-hacker-hunting-initiative/&page=26#comment-1142090
    There you go.

Daum does not perma ban. It cuts into their revenue and they are a small, greedy, and incompetent company.
    edited May 2016

How about real proof with video?
    http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/83276-hacker-hunting-initiative/&page=26#comment-1142090
    There you go.

Daum does not perma ban. It cuts into their revenue and they are a small, greedy, and incompetent company.
    Apparently the guy in the OP used a paid "unbanning service" to get unbanned.  I imagine the same probably happened there.

It's tricky because you want bans to be able to be reversed, especially permanent bans, in case of wrongful bans.

Hopefully Daum will be able to sort out what the unbanning service is saying/doing so it won't work, and if 2nd videos are submitted for hacking hopefully an account is flagged to not be able to be unbanned.

But yeah, no, I'm still not willing to believe Daum is straight up lying and handing out 3-day bans for hacking.
    Apparently the guy in the OP used a paid "unbanning service" to get unbanned.  I imagine the same probably happened there.

There is an unbanning service? What the fuck is wrong with this game? How does something like this even work? Is it run by Daum?

There is an unbanning service? What the fuck is wrong with this game? How does something like this even work? Is it run by Daum?
    Heh, no it's not run by Daum.  It's run by the hacking companies.  I don't know how it works exactly, but they convince Daum's customer service that it was a wrongful ban.

Heh, no it's not run by Daum.  It's run by the hacking companies.  I don't know how it works exactly, but they convince Daum's customer service that it was a wrongful ban.
    Dude that is just fucked up and makes this game pointless.

Unbanning services work in any game.  Any time you can reverse a ban, there's a way to imitate the conditions to reversing that ban on an account that actually did hack.

We do want bans to be able to reversed, otherwise legit players could be permanently banned by mistake and have no recourse.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    "And Trion has explicitly stated that they do both temp and permanent bans. It's been their policy for years.

Not sure where you get this idea that Trion doesn't do permanent bans - go read archbuddy forums if you need proof heh."

I believe they give out permanent bans.  But they didn't for the exploiting that was going on before I left the game.

Granted we're not talking about exploiting, we're talking about hacking.

Daum is very specific by saying they give out permanent bans for hacking, and they've said it multiple times.

Like I said, if they're not doing that, there's a problem.  But I'm not ready to jump to conclusions about it.
    They could not even detect hacks/bots without player reporting them even 8 months ago. They had to fly in some of the XLGames developers to modify AA client according to their demand. Rumor says that the client was so abysmal that it was impossible to track a simple player achievement an hour or so later, forget about detailed log on players' long term activity. But that is just rumor.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

It's not just for this game, there are un-banning services for other games. Just do a search and see for yourself.

Most likely it's just a company that has people who don't go off the deep end and can speak calmly and rationally to CS reps.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Well now it seems like the canned response is "that player has never been banned before" So either people are just bitching and no one is reporting, or GMs are wrong or covering up the fact they unbanned.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

Tiller said:
    Well now it seems like the canned response is "that player has never been banned before" So either people are just bitching and no one is reporting, or GMs are wrong or covering up the fact they unbanned.
    Daum is trash.

Fuck them hard. Actual proof of him being unbanned.
  • yucklawyersyucklawyers Member UncommonPosts: 240
    edited May 2016
    Unbanning services only work if the company issuing the ban is naive or stupid. Basically all they do is send a formal, legal looking letter rather than "Soss, unban me plox. ta". (or the ban is actually a mistake!)

Sometimes that is all it takes, but It often fails, I would not be surprised if it works on Daum, they are quite incompetent as well as greedy as f***, lol :).
  • MyNameIsVMyNameIsV Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Unbanning services only work if the company issuing the ban is naive or stupid. Basically all they do is send a formal, legal looking letter rather than "Soss, unban me plox. ta". (or the ban is actually a mistake!)

Sometimes that is all it takes, but It often fails, I would not be surprised if it works on Daum, they are quite incompetent as well as greedy as f***, lol :).
    This.

Daum is going down the crapper as one of the stupidest and greediest companies in the business.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get a cut for each hacker they unban.