Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grand Theft Auto 5 tops 65 million copies shipped

The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I started playing it today.  I'll let you know but right now it just looks like a gangster hood cop killer game.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    I've played about 4 hours and right now it just looks like a game where you steal stuff and kill people.  I have heard the N word about 200 times and since I have lived in the hood myself I can see a lot of realism in how people act and talk.  I haven't read anything about the game other then its popular so I figured hey maybe I can make an honest living.  I saw some cops having a shootout with some armed suspects so I began to beat up one of the suspects and you know what?  The cops arrested me...  I was like can't a black dude get a break after helping these cops they arrested me.
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    GTA games are the most complete games of all time, even I can acknowledge that, and it's not even my thing. 

It's basically multiple high quality games put into a single one. No wonder why it's selling that well. 
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    filmoret said:
    I've played about 4 hours and right now it just looks like a game where you steal stuff and kill people.  I have heard the N word about 200 times and since I have lived in the hood myself I can see a lot of realism in how people act and talk.  I haven't read anything about the game other then its popular so I figured hey maybe I can make an honest living.  I saw some cops having a shootout with some armed suspects so I began to beat up one of the suspects and you know what?  The cops arrested me...  I was like can't a black dude get a break after helping these cops they arrested me.
    Have you played single player? As most of that sounds like online activity, unless you're playing as Franklin of course. The SP plays out like a typical Heist film more or less.. Think "oceans".. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    The single player campaign is worth a few chuckles if you like the Quenton Tarantino type of thing. I really like the virtual world type of thing and have spent hours and hours fucking around seeing what I can do in the game.

It's quite impressive.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    filmoret said:
    I started playing it today.  I'll let you know but right now it just looks like a gangster hood cop killer game.
    Gangster hood, what a load of dumb shit you talk, come back in a month and perhaps you will realize the nonsense you talk.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    edited May 2016
    Quotation mark police otw.

Seriously though, this is another game I have wanted to play for ages.
    filmoret said:
    Gangster hood, what a load of dumb shit you talk, come back in a month and perhaps you will realize the nonsense you talk.

Well it does start out that way.  First 4 hours is nothing but gangster hood play.  It is opening up and I'm seeing a little more like I said in the next post.  I was laughing so hard at this mission where you smoke synthetic weed.  Then you start to hallucinate and have to kill aliens before they fry your brain.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    For nearly a decade, GTA3 was my favourite GTA game. Sure, each successive game added more features, but 3 just had the right feeling for me. 

However, GTA5 replaced it as my favourite. I love the characters! Especially trevor. Sure, they're all over the top, cliche etc, but Trevor's humour is awesome. Its one of the only games in the last 5-6 years where I've enjoyed the story. I think I'd completed the single player story twice within the first month of release (360) and completed once more on PC. 

PC version definitely kicks ass over 360. I can spend hours just flying around, taking in the sights. Also, having the internet means both stock markets work (something essential if you want to buy everything in single player). 

Admittedly, my single player time is most spent tracking down rare cars, modding them, getting into a shootout with police then attempting to race to the top of mount chiliad. From there, jump on the motorbike, do the stunt jump and attempt to skydrive / wingsuit all the way down the mountain. This leads to a lovely shootout in the lumber yard. Typically takes 15-30mins per chase and its always fun!

I haven't really spent too much time online. I found the 32 player limit per map a bit strict so I don't do much "open world" stuff, so online for me has mostly just been like a lobby game - queue up (generally for random to ensure quick pop), spend 5-10 mins in random mode, earn xp and cash, repeat. 

I do enjoy owning a highrise apartment with a 10car garage, plus the character editor for online is quite good (well, its just nice not being trevor, mike or franklin!). Also a load of unique weapons and vehicles in online mode. 

So, I'm glad GTA5 has done so well. I'm also curious about investment versus reward. Supposedly cost £170m / $265m to make, I wonder how much of that Rockstar got back. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Well even if they only sold it at $30 it would still be close to 2 billion dollars. Safe to say their ROI has been amazing.
    And thats not even including the revenue they were getting from their 'shark cards' which despite the game being really good, is the only bit i found somewhat questionable.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

I got about 16 hours in the game and have laughed more then any other offline game ever already.  I had a mission and the wife calls saying the cops are arresting her.  So I raced over expecting to pay or talk my way out of it.  I take a sip of coffee and suddenly realize she is in the cop car and the cop is about to get into the car and drive away.  So i smacked the cop and stole his car.  It kinda snuck up on me and i laughed spewing coffee all over my laptop.  I have never done that on any game ever.  I'm telling you if you like crude humor this game is funny as hell.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Torval said:
    Phry said:
    Well even if they only sold it at $30 it would still be close to 2 billion dollars. Safe to say their ROI has been amazing.
    And thats not even including the revenue they were getting from their 'shark cards' which despite the game being really good, is the only bit i found somewhat questionable.
    It's pretty amazing. I really hate the game and the entire premise, but man is it a huge success.

My son and his friends love this game. They mostly play GTA Online. They moved from PC (and all they had there) to the PS4 because they like how it plays there better and cheating is less rampant.

Anyway, he saves his money to buy GTA money. I only let him buy $20 at a time and no more often than every 2 to 4 weeks. I think he should have to farm missions and play the game to earn the rest, but I don't make him grind insanely for it either. They definitely earn money through the game cash.
    You sound like a good dad that is involved.  Good on you my friend.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Not a fan of GTA. Tried it again not too long ago and found a tennis court so i played tennis for about 2 hours with my friend and had a blast. If i play GTAV again it will be exclusively to play tennis. Thats what i enjoyed the most. I've never been a fan of GTA and i've played them all.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Easily the greatest video game ever made, no contest. A huge story mode campaign and full featured online play. Racing, shooting, tennis, golf, heists, plus create your own jobs/races/deathmatches. Other companies make whole games that encompass just a small aspect of GTAV. Oh yeah and every DLC so far has been totally free, no season pass bullshit.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Man although I enjoy the storyline I have never seen a game with every other word is foul language.  I never seen a movie like that either.  Its worse then a bunch of 13 year old boys who just started cussing because they are alone.  It takes one twisted mind to make a game like this.  There is actually a scene where you are going to rescue a prisoner and you have an option to rescue him before they shove the flashlight up his arse or wait untill afterwards then rescue him.  I realize people use foul language in the real world but nothing like this game describes.  Also realize that certain black Americans use the N word but this game goes overboard with the word being used up to 8 times per sentence when the black men are talking.

I realize they were trying to make a thuggish gangster type game with some over the top characters.  But they really should use a little common sense and quit poisoning the minds of our youth with garbage like this.  People who act like this in real life end up in prison or dead and never get a job because no major corporation will hire a foul mouthed individual like they portray.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    filmoret said:

never get a job because no major corporation will hire a foul mouthed individual like they portray.
    No disrespect for your points but, man... I hope there remains to be a hell of a lot more jobs than what some "major corporation" will supply.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Eadan1 said:
    Too bad the multiplayer version didn't do too well. It seems to have enough content, and I always dreamed of an MMO GTA, but hackers, long load times and the cash shop model seems to have scared away players. Single player was worth the cost, but most of it due to insane graphics and amount of content rather than the gameplay. When I played Gta 1,2 or 3 , I had fun just launching the game and doing anything. With Gta5 after finishing the campaign and logging in a few times more, I had no interest in playing anymore. 
    Most of my GTA 5 play time was online but most of that I spent Golfing or passive, using an 18 wheeler as a cheap tank to get stars. It reminded me of yahoo chat. It wasn't a matter of if but when would someone roll in to the session and muck it up.