Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crafting in this game..

So this game has sparked my interest because of the amount of times that it is compared to Vanguard.. especially with the crafting system.

So is crafting really going to be a game within a game like it was in Vanguard?? Is there going to be harvesting and crafting quests?

What is known about the crafting so far? Are there any vids or more info on crafting specifically?

What would you like to see in the crafting?

I like being able to fail if I do not do well in the little crafting game.

I like having a huge variety of ways to level up crafting... lets take EQ2 for example when compared to Vanguard... Rush Orders or whatever are repetitive and not nearly as fun as Vanguard... Vanguard crafting had so many different Work Orders to fill that it never felt like doing the same thing completely.. crafting quests that give experience is cool too.

I'd like it to be practical to have a crafting-only character. Can I even harvest without having to level my character?

Please don't make it a 'gather this and that then press a button and wait'

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

Comments

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    From a previous crafting thread:

Dullahan said:
    The information is a little old, but the round table discussion from early 2015 spoke of crafting and that they now intend to have it in at launch (they did not originally). That may be subject to change, because since then, developers have said they "hope to launch with an awesome crafting system", but that, "if it's not awesome, [they] would prefer to wait."  

So we can expect to have a good crafting system, but it may not be fully fleshed out. It may end up being like EQ in that they expand the system down the road adding amazing rare crafted items. Folks may not even remember, but after EQ launched, they added crafted items and armors to their originally very basic system which were quite valuable and powerful. Especially the racial and class armors in Kunark and Velious. They were actually somewhat rare because, unlike crafting in other MMOs, they were not easy to craft (both rarity of components and the skill needed to be successful).

I certainly hope they have a great crafting system at launch. I would hate to see Pantheon become yet another "combat and adventuring only" type of MMO. I think its imperative to see many forms of gameplay if Terminus is to truly feel like a virtual world.
    A few good links on crafting in Pantheon to get you up to speed:
    Some thoughts on crafting: official forums
    Crafting Importance:official forums
    Developer roundtable 2-28-15 pt1

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    Thanks man I was having trouble finding this . .. your post really helped me.

I don't know where I read that this game wanted to have complicated crafting as much as vanguard or more, I think I was wrong.. damn it! I read somewhere that there was hope.. and after checking out your links I am still hopeful but it doesn't look like they planned for it from the beginning.

Since its PVE oriented how could it not evolve around games within games within the game to get lost in and interact with the environment?

I don't get that and really hope that they make crafting challenging and something that you have to play a game and get good at it to make something really good.

I like the first question the guy had in the third link you posted.. CRAFTING AND DIPLOMACY.. PLEASE GOD!

hahaha I know pathetic, huh? It was so fun in vanguard though and they just threw that shizzle together I bet another company could do it better if they tried.

I like PVP mostly and don't like to PVE much unless its doing one thing with a group of people once in awhile and not having to do that same thing for months or ever. I am not a big PVE fan... but I do love talking to people while crafting and harvesting and definitely loved diplomacy too.

I'd buy this game for sure if they had that, nobody else does, and its such a simple request and doesn't seem hard to put into the game. Makes sense that I ask a company that focuses on PVE more than anything else.

Think about it though.. its PVE game. why not have crafting quests and diplomacy type game where you could build factions and maybe have opportunities to win something you normally couldnt get without that faction. What if they went even further and diplomacy could change the environment? That would be so cool.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• ChrysaorChrysaor Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Have the developers provided any updates on the type of crafting and resource system they plan to use?

Star Wars Galaxies was the best system I have ever played.  Hoping we can see something like that in Pantheon.
  • ZuljanZuljan Member UncommonPosts: 123
    edited February 2017
    Thanks man I was having trouble finding this . .. your post really helped me.

I don't know where I read that this game wanted to have complicated crafting as much as vanguard or more, I think I was wrong.. damn it! I read somewhere that there was hope.. and after checking out your links I am still hopeful but it doesn't look like they planned for it from the beginning.

Since its PVE oriented how could it not evolve around games within games within the game to get lost in and interact with the environment?

I don't get that and really hope that they make crafting challenging and something that you have to play a game and get good at it to make something really good.

I like the first question the guy had in the third link you posted.. CRAFTING AND DIPLOMACY.. PLEASE GOD!

hahaha I know pathetic, huh? It was so fun in vanguard though and they just threw that shizzle together I bet another company could do it better if they tried.

I like PVP mostly and don't like to PVE much unless its doing one thing with a group of people once in awhile and not having to do that same thing for months or ever. I am not a big PVE fan... but I do love talking to people while crafting and harvesting and definitely loved diplomacy too.

I'd buy this game for sure if they had that, nobody else does, and its such a simple request and doesn't seem hard to put into the game. Makes sense that I ask a company that focuses on PVE more than anything else.

Think about it though.. its PVE game. why not have crafting quests and diplomacy type game where you could build factions and maybe have opportunities to win something you normally couldnt get without that faction. What if they went even further and diplomacy could change the environment? That would be so cool.

Chrysaor said:
    Have the developers provided any updates on the type of crafting and resource system they plan to use?

Star Wars Galaxies was the best system I have ever played.  Hoping we can see something like that in Pantheon.

I can tell you 100% if you watch the 3 hour stream they go into more detail about crafting, going as far to say as there will be 100% UNIQUE crafted items (i.e. players put special attributes/signatures onto gear among many other aspects that were discussed). The crafting system is 110% going to be in effect at launch and is definitely a huge part of the game to them (and everyone else). Their discussion on stream was in relation to Pantheon boasting "unique" items/weapons more akin to EQ, where you will so rarely see two people with the same weapons at a given time. Additionally, they had crafting quests in Vanguard and even Everquest, so I would be shocked if they didn't have something like that again unless they're staying away from that and will instead use the Perception system with tradeskills as well as normal questlines (that would be soooo epic). On diplomacy, however, I haven't seen much on that. There are a TON of people who have mentioned it and want it though. Not sure on that yet.

Edit: they also go into detail about gear, saying gear crafted or dropped and equipped by an ogre for example, will forever only be able to be sold or whatnot to another ogre (i.e. if your char model is large or small, the gear size will correspond). Not sure if that's to say it will become size Large or size Small ONCE you equip it, or if they simple drop/crafted Large or Small, but yeah just food for thought. I think if they put this much thought into a system they definitely have plans of implementing something nice.