Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You are hurting yourself by not playing BDO

LigiLigi Member UncommonPosts: 119
Been playing since day one and I am amazed with the amount of bad information about the game. 

The amount of rushed reviews with shallow considerations is overwhelming and never seen in years of mmorpgs releases.

I am an mmorpg gamer since 2000 with Everquest and the only logic explanation for this sheer amount of lousy revews and disinformation is that  BDO was made by a South Korean company and God forbid that one company from that side of the map could come up with an MMORPG better then the last 10 years releases.

If you try BDO and give it a chance to show its mechanics you will be amazed with this beautiful game

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    While I agree many people are spreading misinformation I wouldn't agree with your title as that is pure opinion.

Expect hate.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Guys, give it a chance....its a hacker's paradise.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited May 2016
    I tried it twice.  Perhaps not long enough to really get to know it.  Glad you're having fun, enjoy.  :)

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    I played the game extensively in KR and also played Alpha and Betas in NA/EU. I know exactly what BDO is about and it's just not for me. I know plenty of people feel the same way. Just because people don't like the same thing you do, that doesn't make us misinformed. That just means we have different gaming preferences.
  • BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    I don't know how much longevity this game will have for me because I prefer "competitive PVP" over "open PVP" and open PVP is the end game in BDO.

Having said that, I do agree about BDO. I haven't felt this way about an MMORPG since I started playing World of Warcraft. It really is amazing.
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Oh man, I'm not playing it! Where's my linkin park? Craaaaawwling in my skiiiiiiiiiiin . . .
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Albatroes said:
    Guys, give it a chance....its a hacker's paradise.
    My thoughts also. In a few months this game will be just another Archage once the shiny paint wears off.
  • KrigglesKriggles Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Payment system fubar with Paypal only working intermittently as the only form of payment.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/75205-cannot-purchase-daum-cash-game-pass-issues/

Hackers galore with the game stupidly putting mana/health/energy bars on the client side leading to GodMode hackers in a forced pvp game. Then not having the staff needed to fix these issues instead turning your playerbase into your "sheriff" squad is just plain laughable.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/83276-hacker-hunting-initiative/

But yeah, totally "shallow considerations" having your payment system not work and hackers ruining your game.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I was not impressed at all. I didn't feel like there was any one thing about BDO that was remarkable. Outside of the graphics, much of the game ranged from feeling tacked on, to downright horrible.

Reading or hearing about it sounds amazing until you realize how truly shallow and uninspired those ideas translated into the game. Almost like the adaptation of a really great book into a really shitty movie.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    For me its thw other way around. Played since launch.

• theNILVtheNILV Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Only thing hurting right now is that i ever started playing BDO, I'm really on edge of quitting it right now. It's just not fun anymore sadly
    Proud member of best EU roleplaying guild
    Twitter - @theNILV
    Twitch - @theNILV
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    TheAmir said:
    Not unless there's a work-around for the atrocious combat. I tried it, loathed the combat, and unless that gets fixed or a mod allows me to hotbar the incredibly stupid combo system thing - nope. I'm not "hurting" myself by playing a game I can't stand the combat in. I'd be hurting myself by faking enjoyment, though.
    You're definitely in the minority with that one. Most agree that Black Desert's combat is pretty good. 

You can by the way hotkey up to 20 abilities, though, which should be most of your attacks. Most classes only have a couple that can't be hotkeyed. You take an extremely minor MP cost hit but that's it. 
  • BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Leiloni said:
    TheAmir said:
    Not unless there's a work-around for the atrocious combat. I tried it, loathed the combat, and unless that gets fixed or a mod allows me to hotbar the incredibly stupid combo system thing - nope. I'm not "hurting" myself by playing a game I can't stand the combat in. I'd be hurting myself by faking enjoyment, though.
    You're definitely in the minority with that one. Most agree that Black Desert's combat is pretty good. 

You can by the way hotkey up to 20 abilities, though, which should be most of your attacks. Most classes only have a couple that can't be hotkeyed. You take an extremely minor MP cost hit but that's it. 

I'll have to be in the minority with TheAmir on this one. I love the game, but the combat is mind-numbing.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    AAHAHAHAHA...AHAHAHAHAHAHA....Ohhh my god!!! my stomach hurts so much from laughing!!! AHAHAHA...Ohh wait!! i get it now OP!!! Yes that's it!! I really am hurting myself by not playing BDO!!! AHAHAHAH..HAHAHAHAHA....AHHH..AHHhh...

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    So many things in BDO are different just to be different, like the UI, key sets and combat.  And for no real reason.  Why?

I like to choose when I PvP, not have it forced down my throat.

I don't want to have to get top rated PvP gear just to travel off of the main paths.

Players are ganking other player's stabled mounts for fun without any Karma penalty?

Ridiculous collision system.

How can a level 13 solo a level 19 boss and never feel threatened?

God mode hackers in a game with a PvP endgame... hmm, does not sound like the slightest bit of fun.

And that is not even considering the atrocious cash shop that requires 2 months (!) of premium for most games in order to buy ONE costume for ONE character.

-------------------

Yes there are some things about this game that I liked, mainly the nice graphics.  But...

...Nope, I think I will survive just fine without buying this game.  And my butt is not hurting at all...

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Ligi said:
    I am an mmorpg gamer since 2000 with Everquest and the only logic explanation for this sheer amount of lousy revews and disinformation is that  BDO was made by a South Korean company and God forbid that one company from that side of the map could come up with an MMORPG better then the last 10 years releases.
    I'm not playing Black Desert because I'm busy playing Elsword, which is also made in South Korea.
  • TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342
    I tried the beta, didn't like it.
    So how is this hurting me when I'm enjoying the other games that I play?
    I can even live without MMO's, plenty of good games out there to fill my time until I find something I like enough to pay a sub for.
  • rapatpamprapatpamp Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Ligi said:
    Been playing since day one and I am amazed with the amount of bad information about the game. 

The amount of rushed reviews with shallow considerations is overwhelming and never seen in years of mmorpgs releases.

If you try BDO and give it a chance to show its mechanics you will be amazed with this beautiful game

So not playing it (I tried it) is hurting myself?

So if I played it I's literally kill myself.

Game's too crappy for me.
  • Karnage69Karnage69 Member UncommonPosts: 323
    I really wanted to like it. I put in a good 30+ hours over the course of about a week and I just couldn't find myself drawn in. Its a fine game and I understand the appeal, but the title to this thread is false and largely opinionated.

I am personally finding more entertainment from Tree of Savior in the past 24 hours than I ever did from BDO.

Too each their own.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Metacritic score is 74 which is not bad. In my view Darkfall is the game that was considerably better than the press said

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• LigiLigi Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Karnage69 said:
    I really wanted to like it. I put in a good 30+ hours over the course of about a week and I just couldn't find myself drawn in. Its a fine game and I understand the appeal, but the title to this thread is false and largely opinionated.

I am personally finding more entertainment from Tree of Savior in the past 24 hours than I ever did from BDO.

Too each their own.ls
    That's the mistake most of us do, actually I could do it also. Black Desert is a complex and  very well thought out game with lots of little detais that makes huge diference . Its not fast food, you need to give it time to show  itself in all its glory.

And thats exactly the weak point of BDO, most of us don't want to bother anymore, we need that feeling of satisfaction right from the begining.

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Ligi said:
    Karnage69 said:

Too each their own.ls
    That's the mistake most of us do, actually I could do it also. Black Desert is a complex and  very well thought out game with lots of little detais that makes huge diference . Its not fast food, you need to give it time to show  itself in all its glory.

And thats exactly the weak point of BDO, most of us don't want to bother anymore, we need that feeling of satisfaction right from the begining.

Or, ya know, different people like different things. Hopefully you're smart enough to realize that just because you like something that not everyone else does. I have about 200 hours in BDO but stopped logging in a few weeks ago because it just felt grindy and boring to me, I certainly wouldn't make a thread saying everyone should feel the same way I do though, that would be silly.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Well, that explains all the bumps and bruises I've been getting since the game released and I decided not to buy it.

But I think I'll survive.  Enjoy the game!
  • KrigglesKriggles Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Ligi said:
    Karnage69 said:

Too each their own.ls

Yup, like the fine wine that is cheating in pvp via hacks.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/83649-hacker-caught-on-video-wherehow-do-i-report/

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    There is so much hate and Love for this game it just amazes me. I play it once a day and I do enjoy it. Is it totally enthralling me to play for hours? Answer: No

I'm not going to bash the game because it doesn't relive the golden days of mmorpgs. It is was it is and if you enjoy it great, but if you can't get into it then fine...