Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kickstarter Update (5)

lunawisplunawisp Member UncommonPosts: 184
edited May 2016 in Chronicles of Elyria
A few quotes below...the actual update from Jeromy Walsh is available on the Kickstarter page. It's looking good people, lets keep it going :)

"Chronicles of Elyria continues to be the most popular project on Kickstarter."

"One final thing I wanted to touch on in tonight's update - losing titles. In CoE, to go to war with someone or to make a claim on any of their land requires a Casus Belli. This means someone can't just invade you legally for the fun of it. If they just "invade", it's a crime, and they're effectively free for anyone to attack for any reason.

In addition to someone making a claim on your title, which as we just said isn't easy, the other way to lose your title is to be killed (permadeath) without an heir or to be killed in such a way that it creates a power vacuum. Again, not easy to do if you play your character smart.

Finally, one concern we see from people often is that their liege lord will just toss them out. They can't. The assumption made during Exposition is that you inherited the land through legal means and have a divine right to the land. So a Duke cannot just revoke a Count's title and toss them off the land. While they can be forced off, it's expensive, and still requires a Casus Belli."

lunawisp was my peacebringer in City of Heroes. She lives on, in memory, as my gaming id

Comments

• GoncourtGoncourt Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Luna I go over explaining land in a visual manner with to give a people a nice rounded way of possibly seeing how this might play out here  
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    they got crazy big dream and idea.... that expensive !!!! with only 2 million ??? with everything they want they would need 20 ++ or way more...

it will go star citizen route and release with mininal features required or go full pathfinder online and just not release....

i realy want to dream but that just not realist, look at what they want to do !!! 

if this game release like they have talk i will probably play for 10++ years but i seriously doubt it will ever release with 10% of the features they talk about....
  • lunawisplunawisp Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Goncourt said:
    Luna I go over explaining land in a visual manner with to give a people a nice rounded way of possibly seeing how this might play out here  
    Looks like a great site coming up there :)
    lunawisp was my peacebringer in City of Heroes. She lives on, in memory, as my gaming id
  • drakeordanskadrakeordanska Member UncommonPosts: 240
    they got crazy big dream and idea.... that expensive !!!! with only 2 million ??? with everything they want they would need 20 ++ or way more...

it will go star citizen route and release with mininal features required or go full pathfinder online and just not release....

i realy want to dream but that just not realist, look at what they want to do !!! 

if this game release like they have talk i will probably play for 10++ years but i seriously doubt it will ever release with 10% of the features they talk about....
    If you read up on the gsme you will see that they are keeping costs to a minimum.
    What happens with gaming industry is as the studio size increases the productivity of individual members decreases.
    Therefore Soulbound intend to have a small but dedicated team of highly skilled people. The kickstarter will enable them to do this.

Also Caspian  has been working on the back end for years to allow some of what they are planning.

Plus they are using ue4 so won't have the cost of making their own engine which can take years and cost millions.
  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soulboundstudios/chronicles-of-elyria-epic-story-mmorpg-with-aging?ref=category_popular

I love the fact it's going to be funded at a million or more easy , much to the chagrin of the ones on here who want to tell others how they shouldn't spend their money.

Economic experts on here seem to be the ones without large amounts of disposable income.

That's always amused me , poor people telling well off people what to do with their money.
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    mean while in Soul Bound Studio

• jozephjozeph Member UncommonPosts: 47
    mean while in Soul Bound Studio

No doubt they are very relieved that all the money and time they spend on making CoE so far, isn't going to waste.