Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ubisoft's The Division Player-Base Shrinks by 81% Since Launch

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    tawess said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Here is a few explict questions for you given you are saying that the released version is different

1. do they have a 1st person view option now? yes or no
    2. do they have jump now? yes or no
    3. do they still have autoduck? yes or no
    4. do they still have UI all over the enviroment, over enamies heads etc? yes or no
    5. can I see over something I am hiding behind? yes or no

bullet sponges is subjective and its not an item that was a deal breaker for me. the above absolutly was
    not like they ever intended to either.... Anyone getting the game and complaning about those things are just... well.. soft in the noggin. 
    I think anyone who implies or suggests that a beta video of the game is unfair representation of the release had better assume and be perpared for people to ask them SPECFICALLY what is different.

Its a little like chess...think more than 1 move ahead

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    SEANMCAD said:
    tawess said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Here is a few explict questions for you given you are saying that the released version is different

1. do they have a 1st person view option now? yes or no
    2. do they have jump now? yes or no
    3. do they still have autoduck? yes or no
    4. do they still have UI all over the enviroment, over enamies heads etc? yes or no
    5. can I see over something I am hiding behind? yes or no

bullet sponges is subjective and its not an item that was a deal breaker for me. the above absolutly was
    not like they ever intended to either.... Anyone getting the game and complaning about those things are just... well.. soft in the noggin. 
    I think anyone who implies or suggests that a beta video of the game is unfair representation of the release had better assume and be perpared for people to ask them SPECFICALLY what is different.

Its a little like chess...think more than 1 move ahead
    Well have fun killing those windmills. 

This have been a good conversation

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446
    edited May 2016
    As one of that 81% I will give my feedback:

I think it is an amazing game - the world is very well done. I like the story, I liked playing with my friends and we played it everyday for about 2 months. We loved the instances. It then became just a gear treadmill and so we lost interest. I got my money's worth and I would recommend it to a friend.
  • dakilla666dakilla666 Member UncommonPosts: 306
    I would agree that at launch, the game was extremely fun to play, beautiful graphics and the game play was enough to keep my regular squad coming back several times a week to get together and farm our dailies.

However, patch 1.1 was probably the single worst update I have ever witnessed. There is no doubt this was rushed to compete against Destiny's patch which released on the same day to try and prevent bleed off in their users. Instead of adding anything of value, it added a very imbalanced gear treadmill, exploits which completely broke the game furthered by the fact that you are now forced into the pvp zones with people who used the exploits if you wish to make any progression.

The only people I know now (PS4) which still log in, are people who openly use the exploits the get end-game gear and just gank/farm people in darkzone who are essentially unable to fight back due to the massive split between the gear obtainable through conventional play and the disparity created by people ending up in full set gear within 24 hours of the patch being live.

Oh and the whole "cracking down on exploiters" is a f'ing joke. I already had lackluster trust in Ubisoft not dropping the ball but I never expected them to fall this far. Unless they release additional free DLC, anyone who didn't pre-order the DLC packages (lol jokes on you) will just let this title die as it has become a farce to any casual gamer.

Dakilla[666] ~ The Realm ~ Level 1000 enchanter (retired)
    Maranthoric ~ La 4ieme Prophetie ~ Level 160 (5x) HE/Feu (de retour)
    Leonthoric[DDC] ~ EVE online ~ <Fire The "Laser"> (retired)

• SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    I think anyone that ask people SPECIFICALLY what is different of a beta video of the game that implies or suggest that the release had a unfair representation better assume they should look up their own answers. Honestly Sean I know for a fact that you don't care about this game at all. You mainly look at recent post and jump on every topic demanding people spend hour upon hours showing you proof of stupid questions that lead to nowhere. its not like this game didn't have countless videos on YouTube where you could watch the gameplay and decide if you wanted to play or not. Also, talk about getting derailed off topic which your known for. I've fed the troll for the day and argued with a wall again.
    edited May 2016
    I think anyone that ask people SPECIFICALLY what is different of a beta video of the game that implies or suggest that the release had a unfair representation better assume they should look up their own answers. Honestly Sean I know for a fact that you don't care about this game at all. You mainly look at recent post and jump on every topic demanding people spend hour upon hours showing you proof of stupid questions that lead to nowhere. its not like this game didn't have countless videos on YouTube where you could watch the gameplay and decide if you wanted to play or not. Also, talk about getting derailed off topic which your known for. I've fed the troll for the day and argued with a wall again.
    that was pretty lame.

You know there arent any changes relevant to the video so looking them up would take all day and lead nowhere and you know it and I know it and more importantly you know that I know it.

so all we are doing here is jerking each other.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    SEANMCAD said:
    that was pretty lame.

You know there arent any changes relevant to the video so looking them up would take all day and lead nowhere and you know it and I know it and more importantly you know that I know it.

Don't bother responding to trolls on this. He has no interest in knowing the truth about the game. He wouldn't know the difference between this and borderlands.. or destiny and halo. Or CoD and Counterstrike. The beta was extremely different -- he can't tell the difference between one shooter and the next... it's a waste of time.

edited May 2016
    SEANMCAD said:
    that was pretty lame.

Don't bother responding to trolls on this. He has no interest in knowing the truth about the game. He wouldn't know the difference between this and borderlands.. or destiny and halo. Or CoD and Counterstrike. The beta was extremely different -- he can't tell the difference between one shooter and the next... it's a waste of time.
    please tell me exactly how its very different.

any non-answer i am going to take a full complainace that there is no difference at all whatsoever

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    that was pretty lame.

any non-answer i am going to take a full complainace that there is no difference at all whatsoever
    How is it exactly the same?

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    that was pretty lame.

it is EXACTLY the same because the new game has autoduck.

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    that was pretty lame.

Oh you played it and know it has autoduck? What level is your character?

• SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    See what I mean !!!!!! his first reponse is "please tell me exactly how its very different." this is all he does and yet we feel compelled to bash his head in with reason.
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    that was pretty lame.

can I quote you as saying the new version does not have autoduck?

also...by your logic unless you have been inside a baseball stadium then you dont know if the stadium exists, more over and to my embarrassment, you know it, i know it and you know i know it but yet I feel somehow compelled to engage with you anyway

edited May 2016
    See what I mean !!!!!! his first reponse is "please tell me exactly how its very different." this is all he does and yet we feel compelled to bash his head in with reason.
    well he is saying they finally removed the autoduck from the game so maybe I wil lcheck it out

AND

he is indirectly admitting that the things the video brings up are bad things and needed to be changed in the new version which clearly he is saying they have changed

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Activity is always huge the first week and dropping after a month so the whole 81% becomes silly statistics. Its a better comparison to go for monthly average and that shows a huge drop of 60% from march to april. Looking at numbers for may it might drop 50% from april to may.

If you look at a PvE game like borderlands 2, that game dropped 47% for first month, another 50% for second month until it stabilized itself.

The question now is if division can stabilize itself and for that to happen they really need to fix the exploits.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Somehow this game never struck me as one you would play for a long time. I think 3 months tops is about the time I would devote to it.

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    that was pretty lame.

can I quote you as saying the new version does not have autoduck?

also...by your logic unless you have been inside a baseball stadium then you dont know if the stadium exists, more over and to my embarrassment, you know it, i know it and you know i know it but yet I feel somehow compelled to engage with you anyway
    Oh cool it sounds like you know a ton about this game.  What's your favorite weapon?  What's your darkzone rank?   What abilities post level 10 do you like?

By your logic, every game is the same as it was in beta.  Usually people that express an opinion on something have some kind of knowledge about it.  That, in your case, is never true.  The less you know about something the more you talk.

It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.  Words some here should live by.

edited May 2016

Oh cool it sounds like you know a ton about this game.  What's your favorite weapon?  What's your darkzone rank?   What abilities post level 10 do you like?

By your logic, every game is the same as it was in beta.  Usually people that express an opinion on something have some kind of knowledge about it.  That, in your case, is never true.  The less you know about something the more you talk.

It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.  Words some here should live by.
    I find it interesting that instead of suggesting that the items in the video are actually good design choices instead of terrible design choices you instead want to imply that those changes exist in the released version..

pretty funny that the best defense of the game based on that video is 'na uhhhh...those items are no longer in the game' instead of 'those are actually good design choices'

lol...yeah never mind not buying but glad you agree with the video

p.s.

I know about as much about The Division as you know about the Oculus Rift.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Recore said:
    SMH

Jeebus...seriously? I don't know anyone playing Destiny right now. Is this what your post is really about?

Destiny is  at #18 on Twitch while The Division is at #25

And lets not forget that Destiny is not even available on PC and  The Division is.  O.o

lol...SO WHAT!?!?!

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

Recore said:
    SMH

Jeebus...seriously? I don't know anyone playing Destiny right now. Is this what your post is really about?

Destiny is  at #18 on Twitch while The Division is at #25

And lets not forget that Destiny is not even available on PC and  The Division is.  O.o

lol...SO WHAT!?!?!
    hmmm because Steam has more active accounts then both PS4 and Xbox one combined by almost more than double

SEANMCAD said:

p.s.

LOL I've used the Oculus Rift, you haven't played the division.  I currently use VR on my phone.. you currently... don't LOLOLOL  so you're saying you know less about both... but enjoy showing your ignorance?  Cool deal.

SEANMCAD said:

p.s.

LOL I've used the Oculus Rift, you haven't played the division.  I currently use VR on my phone.. you currently... don't LOLOLOL  so you're saying you know less about both... but enjoy showing your ignorance?  Cool deal.
    dang it you got me!

I also dont know that baseball statidums exist because I have never been in one. so much to learn in my life!

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

p.s.

dang it you got me!

I also dont know that baseball statidums exist because I have never been in one. so much to learn in my life!
    Don't worry, I will quote you on that.  :)

"I also dont know that baseball statidums exist because I have never been in one.so much to learn in my life!" - SEANMCAD

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Didn't they have some game breaking bugs that caused stats to go up whenever weapons were switched? I remember something like that happening and causing a bunch of my friends to quit. Then on top of that, they aren't releasing content fast enough for the playerbase and how little there really is to do at level 30 other than the raid and the dark zone. It's the same problem Destiny had on launch, but once destiny released the actual expansion, the entire game pretty much changed, and got better in every way possible. They added time sinks, quests that actually chained into more than just a mission, things to do other than grinding the missions. It's what The Division needs as well, something to change up the end game for the better, but that's up to Ubisoft with whether or not it actually happens.