Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Activision Blizzard's Financials Show +10% Increase - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageActivision Blizzard's Financials Show +10% Increase - MMORPG.com News

Activision Blizzard has released financial documentation for Quarter 1 2016 indicating that the GAAP revenues are up approximately 10% year-over-year. Monthly active users (MAUs) across all properties are up 23% including Hearthstone's record 50 million registered users.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited May 2016
    but but but .. they are losing so much money from Wow ... but but .. Vanilla will save them .. but but ... ahhh F.....it ... nv/m

Like i said  the investors are very happy with ATVI and there direction
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

Scorchien said:

but but but .. they are losing so much money from Wow ... but but .. Vanilla will save them .. but but ... ahhh F.....it ... nv/m

Don't preach the truth! You may make sense and hurt someones feelings.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Destiny continues to perform well with 30M users.....hahahaha good joke , happy for Acti-Blizz , no numbers anymore for wow :/
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited May 2016

fodell54 said:

Scorchien said:

It always pays to read the financial report from which we learn that King contributed $207M in revenue this quarter.

Motto: when you buy a company for $X billions you should be able to report a rise in revenue!

So how good are the numbers? More work needed.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    After witnessing the recent snow job Blizzard is pulling with Hearthstone,i have no doubt they are rolling in the dough.I lose more respect towards that business every day.Sure they are a smart business,they make $$$ from mild effort but that doesn't impress me because i look for quality games not money making games.

I have never seen a Blizzard idea that impresses me enough to say "i would want that in my game",i see lots of cheap copying and ideas that take little effort and low cost.
    Next time you see something from Blizzard that screams out  "That sure looks like a high cost effort' let me know.That is aside from the movie because movies are not games and yes i do sort of like the upcoming movie.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CaeruleiCaerulei Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Well, that's what happens when you have a catalog of fun games.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

fodell54 said:

Scorchien said:

Or... or... I don't know... no one is actually saying that? I hate to break it to you but people are more intelligent then you think and people who are making the point are talking about wow, not the company as a whole. Wow can (and likely is) sinking into an abyss right now but theres plenty of other sources with other blizzard or Activision games, as well as the newly aquired King that can easily boost its financials.

I know very complicated but companies with multiple products don't rely one product to profit typically, its a bunch of them and most people who are against how terribly they are handling wow are intelligent enough to realize it since they aren't blinded by rose tinted goggles for their favorite company that can do no wrong.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Purutzil said:

fodell54 said:

Scorchien said:

Or... or... I don't know... no one is actually saying that? I hate to break it to you but people are more intelligent then you think and people who are making the point are talking about wow, not the company as a whole. Wow can (and likely is) sinking into an abyss right now but theres plenty of other sources with other blizzard or Activision games, as well as the newly aquired King that can easily boost its financials.

I know very complicated but companies with multiple products don't rely one product to profit typically, its a bunch of them and most people who are against how terribly they are handling wow are intelligent enough to realize it since they aren't blinded by rose tinted goggles for their favorite company that can do no wrong.
    With still having over a million subs atleast I doubt Wow is dragging them down...
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Nothing but Overwatch momentum, once people realize it's really nothing more than a TF/2 clone they will go back to being the normal bored Blizzard gamers they are.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Braindome said:

Nothing but Overwatch momentum, once people realize it's really nothing more than a TF/2 clone they will go back to being the normal bored Blizzard gamers they are.

I bet you sai the same thing about Hearthstone being a MTG clone.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    gervaise1 said:

fodell54 said:

Scorchien said:

It always pays to read the financial report from which we learn that King contributed $207M in revenue this quarter.

Motto: when you buy a company for $X billions you should be able to report a rise in revenue!

So how good are the numbers? More work needed.

Yeah... couldn't resist this one, critical failure vs willpower :p
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Wizardry said:
    After witnessing the recent snow job Blizzard is pulling with Hearthstone,i have no doubt they are rolling in the dough.I lose more respect towards that business every day.Sure they are a smart business,they make $$$ from mild effort but that doesn't impress me because i look for quality games not money making games.

I have never seen a Blizzard idea that impresses me enough to say "i would want that in my game",i see lots of cheap copying and ideas that take little effort and low cost.
    Next time you see something from Blizzard that screams out  "That sure looks like a high cost effort' let me know.That is aside from the movie because movies are not games and yes i do sort of like the upcoming movie.
    WoW, Diable, Starcraft are all games that have generated a lot of interest, profit, and kudos around the globe.  I'm sorry that you find them wanting and never seeing anything that meets your standards.  However, for the dross like me and millions of others, they have provided some quality entertainment.

I self identify as a monkey.

• SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Anyone the flames blizzard citing bad/ low quality/ copies of other games/ blah /blah /blah and there is nothing you could show them that Blizzard as a game company is successful. haters gonna hate. your just arguing with a Wall.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Activision Blizzard is making lots of money. Having bought King they are making even more money - but have also taken on more debt of course. Hopefully the acquisition of King willl go better than the many acquisitions that EA made.

Blizzard's revenue is down however. In Q1 2015 they reported $352M; in Q4 2015 they reported $459M; this quarter $294M.

Now we are told that Hearthstone is up (20% over last year) so that is not the reason for the decline. And we certainly don't have all the numbers but the obvious culprit is WoW which declined in each quarter of 2015 and in the first quarter of 2016 .... probably declined. Still making money for sure but the days of just counting the sub income have probably passed. Blizzard may actually have to start producing ..... regular content drops (ahhh the horror) if they are to get people back for longer than a 30 day play through of the next xpac.
  • CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Milk'em moar.