Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta Slated for July 6th, Founders' Packs Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageOpen Beta Slated for July 6th, Founders' Packs Detailed

Nexon has announced that its flight-based MMO, Riders of Icarus, will be ready for open beta beginning July 6th. In addition, the limited time Founders' Packs have been detailed and can be pre-purchased starting today.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited May 2016
    Milking the players. Its like Archage, no freaking reason this game should have any founders at all. Everyone that support founders should be ashamed. This is another terrible game that i would call: dead by birth. Maximum 3 months and noone will even know that this game existed.
    Post edited by exile01 on
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Cool,

I will give it a shot.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

exile01 said:

Milking the dumb players. Its like Archage, no freaking reason this game should have any founders at all. Everyone that support founders should be ashamed.
    This is another terrible game that i would call: dead by birth. Maximum 3 months and noone will even know that this game existed.

Why? Why should anyone be ashamed to pay extra money to get some shinies? Whether this game will die in 3 months or not, is not something you can not guarantee, people said archeage would die in a few months because it is pay2win, yet it still has a considerable number of players and paid customers despite being an open PK game filled with gankers and thieves. I do think that buying these founder's packs only enable publishers to come up with more questionable practice but as usual it is up to people who are interested in paying.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    exile01 said:
    Milking the dumb players. Its like Archage, no freaking reason this game should have any founders at all. Everyone that support founders should be ashamed. This is another terrible game that i would call: dead by birth. Maximum 3 months and noone will even know that this game existed.
    What makes you say this?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Combat and their UI design look pretty standard.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Yeah I think the main appeal is for people who like MMOs with flying mounts. It's not super exciting by any means, but I guess it will have it's fanbase. Still waiting on that open world sci-fi mmo based on Star Wars myself.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Since none of you actually played the closed beta, you cannot say how the game will play. All is supposition.

I love the prejudging w/o any experience. Kind of like a blind man trying to describe an elephant.

• Chris_RChris_R Member CommonPosts: 5
    I will have to look before I buy the collectors. We can bet there will be cash shop, I just hope it isn't p2w otherwise it will be huge let down. We've seen how dragons prophet turned out, but there were other issues with that. Fingers crossed for this one, looks nice.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    edited May 2016
    botrytis said:
    Since none of you actually played the closed beta, you cannot say how the game will play. All is supposition.

I love the prejudging w/o any experience. Kind of like a blind man trying to describe an elephant.
    lots of ppl played the cbt , i did and its a generic mmorpg #34914 , the only thing "going for it" is being able to tame and mount nearly any mob (beast , dragon ect)

the shop wasnt avaliable in CBT so no clue how p2w is going to be
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    Awesome, can't wait to try it out

imageimage

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Are CB testers allowed to discuss this yet or is it still under NDA?
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Played in cbt 2 up to lvl 19. The taming was fun. A nice variation on the standard themepark. Nothing grounbreaking but fun none the less. Too bad i couldn't play more due to professional circumstances.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    So how's the PvP, PvE, crafting?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Combat was tab target, but generally more fast-paced than other games of its type, and also relies heavily on combos in the same fashion TERA does. The animations are really well done though, and watching my rogue air-juggle a mob was pretty satisfying. Sadly, I didn't really play enough to do much taming or mounted combat. If that's good, I could see myself playing here and there.

Bottom tier founder's pack isn't too bad in terms of price, but I'll never buy a top tier one ever again. Sony and Dragon's Prophet taught me that harsh lesson.

Plus I'm too busy with Starpoint Gemini Warlords, Tree of Savior, and Warframe anyway.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089

botrytis said:

Ive watched Steparu play this game in korean beta and ive recently tried it myself. Couldnt make it past lvl 16. Ive also watched endgame content vids on youtube and my statement is final.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Played in 2 betas but both times I just did not have the time to really test the game out.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    http://www.icarusonline.to/
    stop pre judging the game and play the Korean version on the private server. It's not as good as the NA version, however you can see the basic parts of the game. It has been patched to English.
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    You can tame just about any beast right out of the gate, enjoyed that very much.. Ok graphics, decent animations, tab tard combat model. Flying is way better than Dragon Prophet as you can fly higher than 20 feet. Air combat is where it shines. Since I miss flying in wow the most it will scratch my flying itch, I'll check this.
  • kiravelikiraveli Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Going to buy a founders- not ashamed. Pretty sure I can support a game I enjoyed if I want to.

I really would like this game to do well, I'm happy with the game/communication so far. It's similar to DP but plays and looks much better. I agree with Kat- try out the private server or look up "Icarus Online". That's the Korean version thats been out awhile. If you check their site they still have updates going, so I know I have updates to look forward to.

Here's a review for the JAPANESE VERSION, most of which is accurate.
    There is no fatigue system though, and judging by the founders info, I doubt there's going to be one(subscription option).
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/36zgm3/playing_icarus_online_jpn_extremely_pleased_and/

Basically just research the game before jumping into a founders. I've played it and enjoyed it, I'm going to support it.
  • SquireXSquireX Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Not sure if nda is still in effect but I don't think they would mind me saying I was pleasantly surprised by Icarus and look forward to playing it more.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Considering the times I feel a game that releases with standard features is something positive.
    At least it's better than the new stance of paying for overambitious promises.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I'm okay with standard if it works well.  I want to spend my time doing something new game play wise. . not keyboard / UI layout wise (unless it is better of course).

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    edited May 2016
    So is it a linear quest hub story based themepark or are there some freedom and options for character building?

Flying combat sounds nice and all but if Im going to run errands for npcs, but fly while I do it, flying alone wont make it worth investing time.

Also what is the point of flying combat if you dont have to aim and can tab target something down?
  • MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    Crappy Asian mmo are leading trend for MMORPG.COM ELITIST xD Loled
    you prized BladeandSoul then ArchAge then BDO now this and where are all this crappy Asian MMos ?

DMKano you will also love it's cash shop  and all exploits left in game by Monkey coding

This is very sad ...when an MMORPG community falls so bad for Asian crappy games ... and these people call them self gamers .....how much you played these games ?
    you dear Elitist are the most casual gamers each of you hop from one Crappy MMo to another every now and then