Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review in Progress - Loads of Fun & Meaningful Content - Battleborn News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageReview in Progress - Loads of Fun & Meaningful Content - Battleborn News

All the chatter in the new hotness that is team-based online shooters seems focused on Blizzard’s upcoming release. But for Bill Murphy’s money, the spotlight shines on Battleborn from Gearbox Software. 

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883
    Man. I can't decide between this and Overwatch. Some reason I just can't get into the characters in OW though
    Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    edited May 2016
    JAke- this has cool pve content and if you are a fan of borderlands2 this is by far the one to beat!- its very fast paced!- and the leveling is easy. hoping they expand on the pve content more(season pass) !!!-since they are in chapters!

yah i cant get into the characters in ow tbh.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    edited May 2016
    "I also get why our own Mike Bitton had issues with the game’s crazy in-your-face lights and sounds. There’s a whole lot going on with the screen of Battleborn."

haha so true!!- no time to take a break once you start the mission! like other ftps- it is pretty insane! but fun! def- over the top! and awesome humor!!! my only gripe was in the prologue you only play that one character and i was confused- why i couldn't play one of my choice- but that went away quickly.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    maeby just me but tis looks a bit cheap when its come graphics
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Battleborn runs like a dog on low settings on my computer while Overwatch runs smooth as butter on Ultra. Also, Overwatch doesn't give me epilepsy and I REALLY like Reaper.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    Super excited there is a PVE campaign
  • G4NK3DG4NK3D Member UncommonPosts: 97

JakeSim said:

Man. I can't decide between this and Overwatch. Some reason I just can't get into the characters in OW though

Battleborn for sure..... OW is just TF2 with less to do. Not to mention it has no minimap, a horrible file system and its just another way for Blizz to try and win back some players. Not to mention they tried some dirty tactics with this open beta being placed at the same time as BB being released. It didn't work though, I still tried both and uninstalled OW already. BB is where it's at.
  • G4NK3DG4NK3D Member UncommonPosts: 97

lahnmir said:

Battleborn runs like a dog on low settings on my computer while Overwatch runs smooth as butter on Ultra. Also, Overwatch doesn't give me epilepsy and I REALLY like Reaper.

/Cheers,

Lahnmir

Funny thing is i'm on AMD and I had the total opposite. OW ran like trash and lagged out my entire system while this runs smooth as butter for me. I know a lot of people are having issues with BB on AMD but I just updated my drivers and lowered Shadows and Ambient Occ to medium and low settings then restarted the game and it worked like a charm.
  • DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    The PVE is terrible, and Overwatch is WAY better overall.
    Jake you definitely want OW. It s miles ahead in quality and fun IMO. Battleborn feels cheap to me. On that note, Paladins is another good option, and Paragon is a better version of what BB wants to be , also IMO.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    I loved this when I played the beta, it was the best fun of the swag of similar games coming out that I tried. Only issue for me is I can't decide whether to get it for the PC or the ps4.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    If I buy one of these kind of games, it will be Overwatch.  Battleborn has too much shit going on on-screen.  It's like the game is vomitting colors at you.  Plus weapons take up half the screen sometimes.

Also not a big fan of the Wildstar-esque 3rd grade humor.

I like all the game modes and stuff but the experience just doesn't seem enjoyable from what I've seen on twitch.
  • ShadovarLoveShadovarLove Member CommonPosts: 26
    The humor bothers me in BB, and the screen is to damn cluttered 24/7. I don't think I'm their target audience so I won't be buying it. Power to you if you can enjoy it, but I like not getting headaches from my games.
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Was looking forward to Battleborn until I played the beta.  Was not impressed.  It's hard to explain why.  Felt slow and clunky.
  • SmokeysongSmokeysong Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I'm loving Battleborn. :)

Have played: Everquest, Asheron's Call, Horizons, Everquest2, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    I was going to pick up battleborn yesterday,  mostly because my friends and I have determined that we really want to go back to the days of split screen coop as its more fun and personal, and it seems like, at least for the PvE missions, Battleborn has that.  

Can anyone tell me what all you can do split screen?  Can we both play online from the same system too? 

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Yes, let's give money to a company which falsely advertises its products, and lies to both the press and its fans. Know why they get away with it? Because you keep throwing money at them. So thank you for encouraging companies like Gearbox to rip people off by endorsing their products. I'll remember it next time one of you people complain about getting lied to and / or ripped off by a bunch of shysters. You sure as hell won't be getting any sympathy from me. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    The humor bothers me in BB, and the screen is to damn cluttered 24/7.
    Oddly enough I loved the humor in Borderlands 1&2, but here the jokes and tropes just feel recycled and quickly get annoying. It doesn't help that most of the time you really have no idea who these talking heads are -- besides thinking "Oh, that's Handsome Jack's voice" or "Huh, is that Tiny Tina?" and "I swear to god, if I hear 'minion' one more time I'm going to beat someone to death with a Claptrap model" --  or what they're babbling about most of the time, it's all just pointless noise with a story so thin it doesn't even qualify as a skeleton.

I'm finding it a grind -- hate, hate, hate the onlock system -- and not all that fun, but my friends like it so I'll end up finishing the campaign, anyway, before it goes on the shelf. From what I've read I'm most of the way through it, which is sad. The PvP I've done so far was meh at absolute best, nothing even remotely as fun as I've found Overwatch -- which, oddly enough, I'm loving on console even though I was unimpressed with it on PC.

Mind, I doubt I'll be entertained by Overwatch all that long, arena PvP tends to wear thin for me very quickly, but having played both I'm a bit sorry to say that I don't expect Battleborn, which I had hopes for (mostly because it had a campaign, didn't know it was so short and so... Meh), to have much of a shelf life, whilst Overwatch is, I suspect, going to be mega-huge for Blizz and the e-sports crowd (of which I'm definitely not a member, so maybe I'm misjudging things).
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    This game is 2 days old. It already disappeared  from Steam top sellers list.
    (Just for comparison Stardew Valley, a pixel graphic game stayed there for 2 months...Ark is there for more than 6 months)

What do you think , how large is playerbase ...

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    This game is 2 days old. It already disappeared  from Steam top sellers list.
    (Just for comparison Stardew Valley, a pixel graphic game stayed there for 2 months...Ark is there for more than 6 months)

What do you think , how large is playerbase ...
    Steam top seller list as of this moment on my steam client: 

Stellaris
    Doom
    Total War Warhammer
    Battleborn
    Battleborn
    GTA 5
    DS3
    Zombie Army
    Stardew Valley
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643
    edited May 2016

G4NK3D said:

JakeSim said:

Battleborn for sure..... OW is just TF2 with less to do. Not to mention it has no minimap, a horrible file system and its just another way for Blizz to try and win back some players. Not to mention they tried some dirty tactics with this open beta being placed at the same time as BB being released. It didn't work though, I still tried both and uninstalled OW already. BB is where it's at.

Dirty tactics?

Overwatches Beta was announced first...then they decided to release a beta during BBs beta weekend as well. Paragon as well then did it. They were trying to steal from Blizzard, not the other way around. As for how much as BB sold? http://steamspy.com/app/394230 85,000ish on PC, at least. A respectable number for a game that started as Borderlands 2 DLC.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    JakeSim said:
    I feel just the opposite.  The cast of characters in Battleborn are a hideous group of... things, only one of which slightly intrigues me which is the penguin in the mech suit.  Other than that one single character, the rest are eye bleedingly ugly.

Overwatch, on the other hand, I have trouble deciding which one I want to play more... Soldier, McCree, Junkrat, Genji... in fact, I think I like all of them except Hanzo, Symmetra, Torbjorn and Reinhardt.
    Ya battleborn has already become boring. I broke down and bought it, already knew the pve was lousy. Should have just waited a bit, OW will be out soon. Oh well BB will be collecting dust soon, if not already. I m playing Paladins way more as it is, waiting for OW.