Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

US game console ownership drops for the first time in years

SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

"According to the survey of 4,000 American households, 48 percent of US homes reported owning a dedicated game console. As observed by Gamasutra, this is the first dropoff in years, as 51 percent of US households said they owned a gaming console in 20132014, and 2015."

This is from the latest Entertainment Software Association report for 2016. 

This article contains some highlights and a link to the source report:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/percentage-of-us-homes-with-game-console-drops-for/1100-6439360/ 

Some really interesting facts there, such as:
  • Average gamer is 35 years old
  • 59 percent of gamers are men, while 41 percent are women
  • Most popular platforms for frequent gamers include PC (56 percent), console (53 percent), smartphone (36 percent), wireless device (31 percent), and dedicated handheld system (17 percent).

Given the recent claims about mobile gaming dominating everything, this makes for some interesting reading...

Comments

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    Aren't surveys useless though? i thought I heard that somewhere, with the words "they never asked me" which I point out, they never asked me and I own 3 of em.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.