Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will You Still Play Black Desert If Cheating Becomes Or Remains Rampant? Poll

Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
edited April 2016 in Black Desert Online
Still have not played BDO but was curious what other gamers thought and would tolerate in their world. 

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    yes because "somehow I'll live".
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    edited April 2016
    didnt vote soo..

keep in mind alot of ppl on these forums that play BDO and in the US try to play it totally different..its pvp centric game but ALOTTA ppl play it like a sandboxy farmville..so plz be weary when making your decision before playing..also keep in mind that the pvp is hidden behind a paywall ...also keep in mind if a company like this cant control hax or haxors and wants to rely on the community to police their game what makes you think they can or would "bear down" on the exploiters at all , seems very lazy to me and they just dont want to spend their resources on THEIR game

iv said it before and ill say it again..these Korean mmo's are pumped out and recycled over n over because they make very lil or one lump sum then let it go plop or no money at all because of pay shops and bad management ..just wait till the next one comes out..same hype..same sortta cash shop..same shotty management..im not saying the US or EU are soo much better but the korean mmo market is easyly swayed and they move on quick from what they did to make another and they do it ALOT unlike US / EU markets that TRY to improve on their product
  • BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Yes.

In 20 years of MMORPG experience, I've never heard of a single instance of open world PVP being competitive. It's just a matter of escalations.

One class is slightly better than others at PVP combat, the best PVPers will play that class.

Some mod gives a slight advantage in PVP combat, the best PVPers will use that mod.

Some hardware gives a slight advantage in PVP combat, the best PVPers will use that hardware.

Some hack gives a huge advantage in PVP, the best PVPers will spec an evasive ability to escape the hacker, if nothing else.

Me, I'll keep selling the best PVPers pre-patch heavy crossbows and true-black dye.
  • Dragonsfire9Dragonsfire9 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    lol nice poll, it is really unbiased

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Scrubs like me were already pretty much a free kill.  It's the people who were in the elite guilds with the best gear that have really have something to lose.

Given that I have yet to actually encounter it in game I'm not that concerned right now.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Hmmm surprised there wasnt a 3rd option "Yes I am one of those cheaters"
  • justastudentjustastudent Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I am not going to vote here due to my class, but I am very interested in this poll.
    @Gyva02 thank you for making it.
    Do you not think it is biased? The answers are quite inflammatory.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Yes.

In 20 years of MMORPG experience, I've never heard of a single instance of open world PVP being competitive. It's just a matter of escalations.

One class is slightly better than others at PVP combat, the best PVPers will play that class.

Some mod gives a slight advantage in PVP combat, the best PVPers will use that mod.

Some hardware gives a slight advantage in PVP combat, the best PVPers will use that hardware.

Some hack gives a huge advantage in PVP, the best PVPers will spec an evasive ability to escape the hacker, if nothing else.

Me, I'll keep selling the best PVPers pre-patch heavy crossbows and true-black dye.
    Meh, pretty much what @BitterClinger said there.
    PvP will never be balanced, even if we'd all be playing the same classes, with the same gear, someone would find some way to cheat.

If it gets bad enough that I can't enjoy the other aspects of the game anymore without some loser ruining it for me, that's when I'll quit.

Lets also not forget that it's a B2P game. The worst cheaters WILL get caught and banned eventually, so it's not exactly the same as in F2P games where they just roll a new account after being busted.

All that fuss about the unlimited HP and everything you see being presented as the end of the world on this site... and no one ever bothers to ask a simple "Yes, but how LONG do you think they actually get to enjoy that?"

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
     Although it bothers me that these hacks are available, I'm not going to pretend that BDO is the only game out there with these problems. Every MMO currently on the market has hacks and cheats available for it in one way or another. I don't let other people's stupidity ruin my fun. Besides I still have yet to actually come across a hacker in game and I play daily. If it doesn't subside and becomes worse than now maybe I'll consider moving to something else, but I already own or play most of these other MMOs, and right now BDO is the only one holding my attention, eventually Camelot Unchained will come out, then I'll try that. 
  • LolepicLolepic Member UncommonPosts: 5
    @Gyva02 Yeah everyone will still play even if they say they won't. It's a good game and fun to explore in. Haven't had a game like this in years.

Very easy to hack, but fun as all hell.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited April 2016
    DMKano said:
    Yes - it's already rampant IMO (end game PvP) - and I am playing. 

Once node wars are out its going to be a lot more relevant - if not handled properly, it's gonna get ugly real quick. 
    Well not playing a game with cheaters, or investing money into it even if I had kept playing because of the cash shop, a game with cheaters on this scale shows how good their company likely handles account security, let alone game security itself.

Its just pathetic so many Korean made MMO's with good potential but so many screw ups they always just milk the customers for money then merge / shut down the game when its no longer profitable.

The Truth is every game I have played that is made in in Korea is like this, every U.S game that I have played isn't as heavy on the cash shop, but if its a series like COD has recently started adding massive DLC going back a few years ago on Steam, as well as games like DOA 5 Last Round with DLC going up to $400 I think to obtain all costumes.

Over-All the biggest problem being MMO's made from Korea always end up like this on the other hand Blizzard for example & World OF Warcraft, even Final Fantasy XIV online even though I personally don't play them for other reasons don't have these type of issues (Why?), and why is it so hard for them to develop a MMO worth playing that can be as successful as WOW, not saying I am a WOW lover because I used to be not anymore for many years now but still...

Is it time we get more developers in the U.S to make games based around U.S play styles and types instead of Korea games being marked in the U.S with cheaters, hackers, and RNG / Cash shops, Blizzard Titan for example.

Not saying anything is bad with other country's development in MMO's just what my personal experience is over the years.
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    edited May 2016
    It really makes you wonder if they just don't care, it'd be like "hey lets start a bank" and to save money instead of building a sealed metal and concrete vault. You keep the money behind a wooden door. Sure any bank can be robbed but don't make it so easy...

It makes you wonder if some of these game developers just don't care about the long term, they know they'll get the box price paid up front so who cares what happens a few months down the road, they're already rolling in the dough... 

I would have to imagine that if a developer really really cared about its player base and was in it for the long haul and wanted their game world to survive a decade or more as a lot of us really really want. They would take much more care in how easily their game could be hacked. Yes all games are hackable, but which ones are more likely to be hacked? Ones protected by only a wooden door, or the ones with armed guards and a steel vault cased in concrete? 
    Post edited by Gyva02 on
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Gyva02 said:
    It really makes you wonder if they just don't care, it'd be like "hey lets start a bank" and to save money instead of building a sealed metal and concrete vault. You keep the money behind a wooden door. Sure any bank can be robbed but don't make it so easy...

It makes you wonder if some of these game developers just don't care about the long term, they know they'll get the box price paid up front so who cares what happens a few months down the road they're already rolling in the dough... 

I would have to imagine that if a developer really really cared about its player base and was in it for the long haul and wanted their game world to survive a decade or more as a lot of us really really want. They would take much more care in how easily their game could be hacked. Yes all games are hackable, but which ones are more likely to be hacked? Ones protected by only a wooden door, or the ones with armed guards and steel vault in cased in concrete? 

Developers do care.  The difference maker is that the recent rash of games that we have received in the West were developed for the Asian culture style of play.  These hacking and cheating problems do not exist in the East due to their gaming system enforcement and player culture.  They have social system enforcements that prevent, or at the very least greatly impact and minimize, hacking and cheating in games. These problems are exclusive to NA/EU because they were made for the Asian game play culture. Furthermore, the PvP culture in the East is worlds apart in difference than the PvP culture in NA/EU.  They actually have qualities such as respect, consideration, integrity, and honor when it comes to their fellow PvP players.  None of those exist in the West.  The OWPvP culture in NA/EU is a cesspool of toxic, rude, blood-thirsty anti-social behavior that really should have no place in gaming, but that's a story that is best left not going into detail in this post.  
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Here in lies the same situation D2's expansion had with all the exploits/dups etc. It eventually gets to people. Of course people will play for now, but Legion hits in about 4 months, poof.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Realizer said:
     Although it bothers me that these hacks are available, I'm not going to pretend that BDO is the only game out there with these problems. Every MMO currently on the market has hacks and cheats available for it in one way or another.
    Yes and no...

Yes, all games in existence have some level of cheats and hacks.  In most games, the cheaters are so rare that it's surprising to see one.  It's like "Oh hey, there's a unicorn!"  I can literally count on my hands how many cheaters I saw in Age of Conan in the eight years I played it.  In EVE Online... I honestly, truly cannot say I know anyone, or saw anyone using a hack.  I heard rumors of rumors, but it's surprisingly cheater free.

No, BDO has a level of cheats and hacks previously unheard of.  A couple of guys in my office play it and I asked them how bad it was and they stated that they see someone hacking every couple of hours.  Not just once or twice a week, but "Oh look another guy with permanent mana/health... sigh."  I was a bit shocked to hear that it's that prevalent.

Yes again, a lot of people will keep playing for now hoping for the best.  If that "best" doesn't come along super fucking quick, however, then you can expect a lemming cliff-dive train of people exiting the game. Seeing as how so much of the hackable parts of the game are on the client side... I'm not sure the fix will come before the plunge.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    H0urg1ass said:

No, BDO has a level of cheats and hacks previously unheard of.  A couple of guys in my office play it and I asked them how bad it was and they stated that they see someone hacking every couple of hours.  Not just once or twice a week, but "Oh look another guy with permanent mana/health... sigh."  I was a bit shocked to hear that it's that prevalent.

I think part of the problem is that so many instances of exploiting/hacking in MMO's in the last few years have gone largely unpunished. Neverwinter, ESO and Archeage spring to mind.

People are beginning to think that all that will happen is that they will be spoken to harshly or perhaps get a 24-hour suspension.

In fact, the best tactic seems to be to make the exploit/hack as widely known as possible once it's discovered. If a sizeable portion of the playerbase then join the fun, there's no way that the developer/publisher will ban everyone. And if they can't ban everyone, they usually ban no-one...
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Did not take cheating to get me out of game,poor design decisions did that.

I just find it comical that cheats are discussed when the game allows fish botting ...lmao and automated travel.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited May 2016
    I'm enjoying it for now so I'll say yes for the time being. If when I reach lvl 45+ I can't progress without being harassed by people hacking I'll stop.

Besides there is barely any mmo coming to contest this game for the time being. If the hacking goes rampant to the point it makes it unplayable I guess I'll give a try tree of savior mostly due to the vast amount of classes.

Wizardry said:

I just find it comical that cheats are discussed when the game allows fish botting ...lmao and automated travel.

I am no fan of AFK activities in MMO's.  I mean, why even play a game that plays itself with little input from the player?  It just makes little sense, if any.  AFK fishing actually renders wealth acquisition irrelevant.  Some of the wealthiest players acquired the majority of their wealth by AFK fishing.  How that can even be allowed boggles the mind.  Wealth acquisition is the backbone of any MMORPG.  Nothing is possible without it. When money is made too easy to acquire, it renders the very foundation of a game totally irrelevant. 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Wizardry said:

I am no fan of AFK activities in MMO's.  I mean, why even play a game that plays itself with little input from the player?  It just makes little sense, if any.  AFK fishing actually renders wealth acquisition irrelevant.  Some of the wealthiest players acquired the majority of their wealth by AFK fishing.  How that can even be allowed boggles the mind.  Wealth acquisition is the backbone of any MMORPG.  Nothing is possible without it. When money is made too easy to acquire, it renders the very foundation of a game totally irrelevant. 

In the intensely competitive F2P market, allowing AFK activities has become commonplace, along with "daily login rewards". Don't forget that BDO is an F2P game everywhere but in NA/EU.

Companies will go to any length to keep players in their games, because the moment they login to another F2P game may be the moment when an impulse sale is lost in the Cash Shop...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited May 2016
    No ... BDO is circling the Bowl .. there is no way that they can fix this now without a complete overhaul , And for every hack they stop , another will crop up and  for everyone you think you are aware of they are 2 others you arent... It will hang on for abit , the future doesnt look good imo

Wealth acquisition is the backbone of any MMORPG.  Nothing is possible without it. When money is made too easy to acquire, it renders the very foundation of a game totally irrelevant. 

Is it, really?
    I could, if I wanted, get back to top raiding in WoW, dropping the hardest bosses of the game, all this while being quite poor compared to the auction house farmers.
    Ok, you gonna say, "LOL WOW!!!".
    Let's go back 20 years, to Ultima Online. One could indeed become powerful with gold, buying his way to power... or one could craft his way to power without ever being rich.
    Same thing in BDO.

Were any of those activities done while AFK?

Big difference between funds being easy to acquire but still having to play to acquire them, and funds being easily acquired via AFK activities.  While funds may be easy to acquire in some games, they normally require effort by the player and the necessity for that player to be somewhat accomplished in the game before reaching that "easy to acquire" level.

The key word here is "AFK."
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Wealth acquisition is the backbone of any MMORPG.  Nothing is possible without it. When money is made too easy to acquire, it renders the very foundation of a game totally irrelevant. 

Is it, really?
    I could, if I wanted, get back to top raiding in WoW, dropping the hardest bosses of the game, all this while being quite poor compared to the auction house farmers.
    Let's go back 20 years, to Ultima Online. One could indeed become powerful with gold, buying his way to power... or one could craft his way to power without ever being rich.
    Same thing in BDO.

And one can actually acquire "more" funds more effectively if one doesn't use the afk options.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Sovrath said:

Is it, really?
    Same thing in BDO.

And one can actually acquire "more" funds more effectively if one doesn't use the afk options.

I don't think anyone has said otherwise.  That does not minimize the irrelevancy of any one player's capabilty to attain mass amounts of wealth by engaging in "AFK" activities, thereby effectively rendering the efforts of those who do not largely irrelevant.  Now, this is not to say that a player can not put their blinders on and play the game as if they were playing a single player game and not be affected by it, but the reality is that it's an MMO, not a single player game.