Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No PvE servers, correct?

Comments

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    I don't think BDO knows what it wants to be. It has so many fantastic non-combat PVE systems in place, yet it's actual combat PVE is terrible. It doesn't have nearly enough PVP systems in place to satisfy pure PVP'ers in my opinion, yet it's "the only focus after 45". I don't get it.

As soon as the next PVP MMO comes out, all the guilds focused on that will migrate over, leaving mostly PVE'ers in BDO. This has been the trend for as long as i can remember and i don't see this changing.

For me personally, i'd love BDO to pieces if it built on the non-combat portions of PVE and opened up trading with a player run economy so the game could actually transition into a PVE sandbox, though it currently isn't, but i believe could be in an amazing way.

It is what it is though so take it or leave it.
  • TezcatTezcat Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Hi...my fault for not researching it thoroughly before ordering game. Mu understanding is forced PvP end game? I wont play a game with that. You cannot launch game without forfeiting you right for a refund so i can't log on to find out if there are PvE servers available. No PvE only, correct?
    It's not exactly forced pvp per se but you are vulnerable to pvp when 45+.

However, if you are the sort of person that just buys something without researching that it meets your requirements... well....

I have a few things for sale. I'll pm you how much I want. Send via paypal and you can decide afterwards if you want to keep or just write it off as an unrehearsed purchase.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Recore said:
    Recore said:
    I vote no for PVE servers. 

If you want PVE go play a PVE game.
    okay. name me a up to date, modern, PvE sandbox/sandpark game.

Not SWG as that is dead.

Ryzom is pretty much dead. And it never gets updated barely.

Asheron's Call, Anarchy Online are both old as the MMORPG genre

So go on, name me a PvE sandbox/sandpark game that I didn't list above (as they are all dead or ancient, and even if SWG was still around, its also ancient now) that I can go play :)

Why would I name you anything?

Never played SWG, Ryson, Anarchy or Asherons call and do not care about them.

All that matters is Black Desert and if you do not like it then do not play it. 

You come off like a pretentious teenager.  BDO isn't only your game.  Some people enjoy different things from you.  I know weird.

F the opps. 

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    If I am understanding this thread right, BDO is doing easy pve lvling to get ready to pvp later on. Makes me wonder what the point of the PVE part is.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Forgrimm said:
    If it's anything like ArcheAge, a dedicated pve server wouldn't make any sense. The risk:reward ratio is balanced around pvp being present.
    The entire endgame of BDO is centered completely around PVP.

Control of nodes/towns/cities and GvG warfare that will result from that.
    All the PVE content post L50 essentially functions as PVP flashpoints.

PA obviously were not intending to be creating an endless stream of PVE content for endgame. That is labour-intensive and therefore expensive. The ongoing GvG territory wars are intended to provide the bulk of endgame content.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Here we go again. Folks with victim mentality disorder joining a OWPVP game looking to use their self perceived telekenisis to bend it into a "don't bother me" game instead of avoiding it all together.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    DMKano said:
    PvE servers cannot work in BD.

Think about it - what would be the long term point of playing on a PvE server???

The PvE mobs are faceroll at all levels, world PvE bosses are not a draw - actually they are implemented poorly - players do them for gear alone not for the fun of the encounter,  the drive to get gear to +15 and beyond is PvP - not PvE, you can PvE just fine at 1-60 in way less than +15 gear.

So crafting you say - to what end? For what purpose? So you amass billions of silver on a PvE server... for a title and an icon on leaderboards? For what purpose? 

PvE server in BD has ZERO sustainability long term - but both PA and Daum know this which is why they will never do a PvE server.

If there was a way to make PvE servers work - they'd do it in a heartbeat - because the majority are PvE players.
    Yeah I was having a little difficulty with some goblins when I realized they were sort of high end level 17 or so an I was level 11.  I still managed it but yes, the PvE game is weak as far as combat goes.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    DMKano said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    Recore said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    Recore said:
    Recore said:

Not SWG as that is dead.

So go on, name me a PvE sandbox/sandpark game that I didn't list above (as they are all dead or ancient, and even if SWG was still around, its also ancient now) that I can go play :)
    Why would I name you anything?

Never played SWG, Ryson, Anarchy or Asherons call and do not care about them.

All that matters is Black Desert and if you do not like it then do not play it. 
    What's with the hostility?

The game offers content for both sides it's not only a pvp game. Telling them to go play another game is childish... All they asked was if there was a pve server not to make one.

There is no hostility because I simply do not care what anybody thinks.

Black Desert is a PVP game and it needs to expand its design more toward PVP.

If you are a PVE player you do not belong in this game. 

Its not hostile and its not childish. 

If you do not like it then do not play it. 
    And you're wrong. BDO is PVE AND PVP.

Crafting, Boss hunting, Grinding monsters for rare equipments, All the node system and other side activities like hunting, horse taming etc are ALL pve activities. 

More than half of the game is revolved around pve. Having no dungeons doesn't make/break the pve tagline.

The game has both PvE and PvP - the driving factor for gearing up is PvP. The driving factor for making money is again PvP. Players afk fish to make money so they can buy gear off AH

The core mechanic is PvP that's what pushes players to progress their gear and levels.

PvE is just the means for PvP.
    But didn't they just add a new "dungeon" in the korean version?

There is a bit of pve content in the endgame. I played archeage and I too regraded my gear but I mostly did it for pve not pvp. In BDO you can also upgrade your crafting equipment so that is pve too.

Not everyone is aiming for pvp in the endgame so I don't agree with your statement as that is simply your opinion from a pvp enthusiast.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    A lot of players strive to be the best crafter in their field in the game and that's their main concern.  Just as some want to be top tier horse breeders.  So PvP is one of many end games.   

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    A lot of players strive to be the best crafter in their field in the game and that's their main concern.  Just as some want to be top tier horse breeders.  So PvP is one of many end games.   
    PVP is not even an end game option since you can't get XP, levels, ability points, gear or silver from it - at least not yet since the real PVP part of the game, fight over nodes and territory, is not even in the game.

I'd be willing to bet that even the most hard core of PVPers is spending >90% of their time PVEing at "end game."
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    .. since the real PVP part of the game, fight over nodes and territory, is not even in the game.

I suspect that once those mechanics become activated, it may drastically effect the game play experience of players who are not part of the guilds that will control the nodes.

And iirc, ALL nodes are claimable.
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    People always talk of BDO as a pvp game cos of node wars and all but none of that is currently in the game lmao.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Getting killed at 45 is currently in the game though. Period.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Shit game is a shit game. Nothing more needed.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Kyleran said:
    Better get your money back, definitely not for you.
    This is true. Don't wait to long. There may not be ganking now but there will be. You can count on it.
    The node capture and control mechanisms in BDO (i.e. the cornerstone of the GvG design) are not active in NA/EU yet. Are those features active in Korea currently ?

How will it affect non-guild players when a guild takes over a specific node ?
    Does the controlling guild decide who can access it ?
    Can they charge taxes for allowing access to randoms ?

I could be wrong, but I suspect that many players do not fully grasp the implications of BDO's PVP-centric game design.
  • straider100straider100 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Deltois said:
    Shit game is a shit game. Nothing more needed.
    true :D 100% i playd this game 3 region and is still shit only  graphic nothing change.
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Recore said:

Not SWG as that is dead.

The developers have already said this is a game designed where pvp shapes economy and player progression by means of territory control. That's not going to change because of a poll or vote. 

Also, it's not Black Desert's fault there's a lack of modern PvE games on the market. That's a hole in the game market, if you want a game tailored to you feel free to go make it. 
    DMKano said:
    The node capture and control mechanisms in BDO (i.e. the cornerstone of the GvG design) are not active in NA/EU yet. Are those features active in Korea currently ?

I could be wrong, but I suspect that many players do not fully grasp the implications of BDO's PVP-centric game design.

In Korea guild-node capture is active.

There are no unguilded players in Korea - and I am not even joking - I don't remember ever seeing one  - because 99% of the playerbase is all 56+ and guild PvP is sort of what the game is about. Unguilded player would be KoS by all guilds so it's not really viable option.

It's a VERY different playerbase in KR - as the playerbase is almost  entirely PvP
    That's interesting to know, but it doesn't address my questions.

What I'm asking is will the node control mechanisms have a significant impact on the play experience of non-PVP players ? Does control of a node allow a guild to restrict access to that node and its benefits ?

I would imagine that once a guild controls a node, they can decide who has access to it, and that means they could deny access to all non-guild players, whether they be PVP-active (i.e. over L45) or not.
  • davchadavcha Member UncommonPosts: 130
    DMKano said:

Think about it - what would be the long term point of playing on a PvE server???

The PvE mobs are faceroll at all levels, world PvE bosses are not a draw - actually they are implemented poorly - players do them for gear alone not for the fun of the encounter,  the drive to get gear to +15 and beyond is PvP - not PvE, you can PvE just fine at 1-60 in way less than +15 gear.

So crafting you say - to what end? For what purpose? So you amass billions of silver on a PvE server... for a title and an icon on leaderboards? For what purpose? 

PvE server in BD has ZERO sustainability long term - but both PA and Daum know this which is why they will never do a PvE server.

If there was a way to make PvE servers work - they'd do it in a heartbeat - because the majority are PvE players.
    Huh ?

And what is the purpose of PvP, exactly ? What's the drive to make you play PvP ?

To get better gear, so you can be better at PvP so you can get better gear, and so on ?
    To play against the same character archetypes and to what end ? See them dead under your foot ? Why ? That's pointless.
    Oh, maybe to be the best on a leaderboard, have a pvp title and an icon ? Why ?
    Maybe sieges and node wars ? But what's the point ?

Oh... I think I got it : all of this is enjoyable to some extent. Oh yeah. Just like PvE, crafting, horse herding or just roaming around exploring beautiful landscapes.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    DMKano said:

In Korea guild-node capture is active.

There are no unguilded players in Korea - and I am not even joking - I don't remember ever seeing one  - because 99% of the playerbase is all 56+ and guild PvP is sort of what the game is about. Unguilded player would be KoS by all guilds so it's not really viable option.

It's a VERY different playerbase in KR - as the playerbase is almost  entirely PvP
    That's interesting to know, but it doesn't address my questions.

What I'm asking is will the node control mechanisms have a significant impact on the play experience of non-PVP players ? Does control of a node allow a guild to restrict access to that node and its benefits ?

I would imagine that once a guild controls a node, they can decide who has access to it, and that means they could deny access to all non-guild players, whether they be PVP-active (i.e. over L45) or not.
    So far the online information i have been able to find is this;
    http://www.blackdeserttome.com/wiki/Occupation
    Not sure how it affects players who aren't in the controlling guild though :(
  • AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    DMKano said:

And what makes you think a pve server couldn't have guild wars, sieges etc?

Oh right you don't cause it would work.

Because those are PvP content - if you add that to a PvE server - it ceases to be a PvE server, and you have a mix of PvP and PvE, which is what BD is already.
    You are wrong.  Tera has this system.  PVP and PVE servers.  On PVE servers you can still do battlegrounds and Guild vs. Guild content.  Soooo... what exactly was your point?

My point is players that want PvE servers don't want any PvP at all - but none of that matters because Black Desert will never do PvE servers period, so what I or you or any other player says or thinks is irrelevant.

The only thing that matters is what PA and Daum say - and we know that answer - no PvE servers.
    As a pve player I would be fine with a pve server with consensual pvp only. I love GvG, not so much pointless battleground. To me pvp is fun if there is a purpose. But yea I don't really care cause even now I almost never get attacked.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited May 2016
    I honestly love sieges so I would attempt that in the future.

I have a shit ton of hours in mount & blade warband for that specific reason. Sieges are awesome! Tough I doubt fantasy mmos can recreate the medieval style awesomeness.

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    edited May 2016
    qwerhelix said:
    [mod edit]
    Real pvper don't care about mmorpg, they do so in a controlled environment. Like FPS game where you can clearly see who the better player is, not simply the one with better gear.
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • nerovergilnerovergil Member UncommonPosts: 680
    it is pvp players that makes mmorpg alive. see what pve players do to archeage? archeage is pretty much dead, those pve carebears, they keep jumping game, now they stay at black desert. in the future after there is new game, black desert will suffer what archeage suffer.

gw2, a pvp friendly game, still strong and alive. you can see how many player stream gw2, how many stream archeage this days. when i log in archeage hardly anyone on the pve map. but in gw2, wvw map still crowded.