Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No PvE servers, correct?

wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659
Hi...my fault for not researching it thoroughly before ordering game. Mu understanding is forced PvP end game? I wont play a game with that. You cannot launch game without forfeiting you right for a refund so i can't log on to find out if there are PvE servers available. No PvE only, correct?

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Once you reach lvl 45 people can attack you.

That doesn't mean there is ganking left and right. There's a harsh penalty (Karma) for pking. It's up to you really if you want to attempt or not. Maybe try with a guest key?

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829
    No PvE servers, correct. The PvE is mind-numbingly easy too. Once you hit lvl 45, you are automatically flagged for PvP.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• Gymrat313Gymrat313 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    I took the plunge since I couldn't acquire a guest pass and I must say I enjoy the game very much so far. I do play fairly casually and after hitting level 15 on my wizard, I am working on procuring meat to turn into jerky at the moment. The game is absolutely the most beautiful MMORPG I have played and the day/night/weather conditions make me feel very immersed in the world. That said I do not typically like PvP centric endgame, however that is why I am going to play this game casually and make the trip to 45 take as long as possible. I feel comfortable I will get my $30 worth with this approach.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    You can always delete your character when you get to L45 and start over again... :D 

The older the game gets, the more PVP-enabled characters there will be in the game world. And boredom can be a real "killer", lol
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Better get your money back, definitely not for you.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AnteraaaAnteraaa Member UncommonPosts: 7
    No PVE server and i doubt there will be one
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    This is another Korean gankfest game, yes
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I vote no for PVE servers. 

If you want PVE go play a PVE game.
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    edited April 2016
    flizzer said:
    This is another Korean gankfest game, yes.....although I don't play the game I have  my opinion
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited April 2016
    Recore said:

okay. name me a up to date, modern, PvE sandbox/sandpark game.

Not SWG as that is dead.

Ryzom is pretty much dead. And it never gets updated barely.

Asheron's Call, Anarchy Online are both old as the MMORPG genre

So go on, name me a PvE sandbox/sandpark game that I didn't list above (as they are all dead or ancient, and even if SWG was still around, its also ancient now) that I can go play :)

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

edited April 2016
    DMKano said:
    PvE servers cannot work in BD.

Think about it - what would be the long term point of playing on a PvE server???

The PvE mobs are faceroll at all levels, world PvE bosses are not a draw - actually they are implemented poorly - players do them for gear alone not for the fun of the encounter,  the drive to get gear to +15 and beyond is PvP - not PvE, you can PvE just fine at 1-60 in way less than +15 gear.

So crafting you say - to what end? For what purpose? So you amass billions of silver on a PvE server... for a title and an icon on leaderboards? For what purpose? 

PvE server in BD has ZERO sustainability long term - but both PA and Daum know this which is why they will never do a PvE server.

If there was a way to make PvE servers work - they'd do it in a heartbeat - because the majority are PvE players.
    And what makes you think a pve server couldn't have guild wars, sieges etc?

Oh right you don't cause it would work.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    All they would have to do is put in the PvP quest which would give a person a choice to PvP or not.  I hear it works.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    DMKano said:

Think about it - what would be the long term point of playing on a PvE server???

The PvE mobs are faceroll at all levels, world PvE bosses are not a draw - actually they are implemented poorly - players do them for gear alone not for the fun of the encounter,  the drive to get gear to +15 and beyond is PvP - not PvE, you can PvE just fine at 1-60 in way less than +15 gear.

So crafting you say - to what end? For what purpose? So you amass billions of silver on a PvE server... for a title and an icon on leaderboards? For what purpose? 

PvE server in BD has ZERO sustainability long term - but both PA and Daum know this which is why they will never do a PvE server.

If there was a way to make PvE servers work - they'd do it in a heartbeat - because the majority are PvE players.
    It would be pointless, not to mention the Valencia update will add new additions to the pvp aspects of the game that center around pvp and you have to have negative karma to survive there, though I guess you could pick-pocket your way in. On a side note though I think Bless will be a better game for PvP players who only enjoy ganking. Most people will leave for that game, and BDO will kind of level out with it's playerbase. 

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

edited April 2016
    Recore said:

Not SWG as that is dead.

So go on, name me a PvE sandbox/sandpark game that I didn't list above (as they are all dead or ancient, and even if SWG was still around, its also ancient now) that I can go play :)

Why would I name you anything?

Never played SWG, Ryson, Anarchy or Asherons call and do not care about them.

All that matters is Black Desert and if you do not like it then do not play it. 

Recore said:
    Recore said:

Not SWG as that is dead.

What's with the hostility?

The game offers content for both sides it's not only a pvp game. Telling them to go play another game is childish... All they asked was if there was a pve server not to make one.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Bloodaxes said:
    Recore said:
    Recore said:

Not SWG as that is dead.

The game offers content for both sides it's not only a pvp game. Telling them to go play another game is childish... All they asked was if there was a pve server not to make one.
    Last time players of an MMO told people upstet over changes to "go play something else if you don't like it" they did, that game became a ghost town and was eventually sunset leaving the people playing it upset with no game lol.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Bloodaxes said:
    Recore said:
    Recore said:

Not SWG as that is dead.

There is no hostility because I simply do not care what anybody thinks.

Black Desert is a PVP game and it needs to expand its design more toward PVP.

If you are a PVE player you do not belong in this game. 

Its not hostile and its not childish. 

If you do not like it then do not play it. 

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Recore said:
    Recore said:

Not SWG as that is dead.

You come off like a pretentious teenager.  BDO isn't only your game.  Some people enjoy different things from you.  I know weird.
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Hi...my fault for not researching it thoroughly before ordering game. Mu understanding is forced PvP end game? I wont play a game with that. You cannot launch game without forfeiting you right for a refund so i can't log on to find out if there are PvE servers available. No PvE only, correct?
    The game has some interesting crafting and harvesting systems. If you enjoy those, it might be worth a try. I actually enjoyed farming and crafting stuff casually.

But in terms of combat content, it is not that impressive for PvE.
    Tiller said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    Recore said:
    Recore said:

Not SWG as that is dead.

Last time players of an MMO told people upstet over changes to "go play something else if you don't like it" they did, that game became a ghost town and was eventually sunset leaving the people playing it upset with no game lol.
    Even in Archeage I managed to do my own things in pve for months while avoiding pvp.

When you shove people away the world will seem empty apart of some specific individuals (Ex: LaughingCoffin pking same faction and helping enemy faction) that will stick for the pvp. If there's no people to fight tough, many of them will eventually leave too.

It's the nature of the open world pvp games but many seem to be under the influence that all mmo need it despite it making many people quit. It is never been implemented well and I doubt it will due to a certain group of pvpers that like pking.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    If it's anything like ArcheAge, a dedicated pve server wouldn't make any sense. The risk:reward ratio is balanced around pvp being present.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    1. Ask something  I could have googled and found out in 2 clicks.
    2. Post on MMORPG
    3. Troll post complete
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    DMKano said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    DMKano said:

Because those are PvP content - if you add that to a PvE server - it ceases to be a PvE server.
    Without the possibility to pk anyone on sight, more people would go over the level 45 I'm 100% sure of it.

It's a win/win scenario for the people that actually want to pvp and not mindless pking. 

If someone doesn't want to pvp they can stay guildless but if they want to do both pve/pvp they can join a guild and do guild wars, node wars etc etc.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    DMKano said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    DMKano said:

Because those are PvP content - if you add that to a PvE server - it ceases to be a PvE server, and you have a mix of PvP and PvE, which is what BD is already.
    You are wrong.  Tera has this system.  PVP and PVE servers.  On PVE servers you can still do battlegrounds and Guild vs. Guild content.  Soooo... what exactly was your point?
    Recore said:
    Bloodaxes said:
    Recore said:
    Recore said:

Not SWG as that is dead.

There is no hostility because I simply do not care what anybody thinks.

Black Desert is a PVP game and it needs to expand its design more toward PVP.

If you are a PVE player you do not belong in this game. 

Its not hostile and its not childish. 

If you do not like it then do not play it. 
    And you're wrong. BDO is PVE AND PVP.

Crafting, Boss hunting, Grinding monsters for rare equipments, All the node system and other side activities like hunting, horse taming etc are ALL pve activities. 

More than half of the game is revolved around pve. Having no dungeons doesn't make/break the pve tagline.