Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Under represented genres

SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
edited April 2016 in General Gaming
Genre as in Fantasy, Sci Fi, post apocalyptic etc.

I say Wild West genre is EXTREEMLY under-represented. From shooters to building games the era is ripe for a lot of fun game play
http://www.vg247.com/2016/04/28/is-sony-working-on-a-wild-west-vr-title/

to put a visual to it:

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Ancient Society, I'd love a well done sandbox based on Rome or Ancient Greece. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    I want a proper AAA roguelike game. Not a pixel art, 2D/whatever. I'd love one in either first person action combat or 3rd person.

It's a genre right?

Also I wouldn't mind more post apocalypse games like the metro series as I enjoy them immensely.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited April 2016
    Bloodaxes said:
    I want a proper AAA roguelike game. Not a pixel art, 2D/whatever. I'd love one in either first person action combat or 3rd person.

It's a genre right?

Also I wouldn't mind more post apocalypse games like the metro series as I enjoy them immensely.
    kinda but not really

genre would be more around an entire universe made up or real. So fantasty, sci fi are two genres. Steampunk would be another

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    SEANMCAD said:
    Bloodaxes said:

It's a genre right?

kinda but not really

genre would be more around an entire universe made up or real. So fantasty, sci fi are two genres. Steampunk would be another
    Well then...

More Steampunk (Are there even any that came recently?) and Post Apocalypse games!

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    Bloodaxes said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Bloodaxes said:

It's a genre right?

kinda but not really

Well then...

More Steampunk (Are there even any that came recently?) and Post Apocalypse games!
    I dont know if there have ever been a Steampunk game. 
    i could settle for Steampunk because that genre has 'Old West' kind of mix in with it.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Post Apoc (with or without zombies) has been a rising trend in the last few years. The only MMO's of note to explore it was Fallen Earth and Defiance, but the survival games genre is taking to it with enthusiasm.

The Post Apoc genre has unlimited possibilities. Sci-Fi and fantasy literature contain thousands of different interpretations of that theme. In the "Shannara" books, it has even been blended very plausibly with classic fantasy, as the fantasy archetypes are explained as mutations resulting from a global nuclear war.