Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unofficial Kickstarter Tiers from IRC

Comments

• YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    whilan said:
    Yanocchi said:

$225 Group 2 Guild Hall†. $200 Tier, + Custom Guild Heraldry + Reserved Guild Name* + access to Guild Invite System
    $225 Group 3 Village Square†, Custom Village Crest, name your village*, access to village invite

If that's legit information, so much for bashing Revival for selling real estate property for real life money and defending CoE that it won't have anything like that.
    Apparently this is still in the works and was taken from something that was supposed to be limited to the IRC channel only.

They should be careful with that kind of reward if the idea of including it is really on the table. Revival took an incredible amount of flack and negative reputation for offering real estate property in exchange for real money. It didn't help that the property was going to be vulnerable to damage and there would have been a risk of loosing it.
    Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• Narendur1Narendur1 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Yanocchi said:

$225 Group 2 Guild Hall†. $200 Tier, + Custom Guild Heraldry + Reserved Guild Name* + access to Guild Invite System
    $225 Group 3 Village Square†, Custom Village Crest, name your village*, access to village invite

If that's legit information, so much for bashing Revival for selling real estate property for real life money and defending CoE that it won't have anything like that.
    With Revival, are you able to buy real estate after the game launches? Can you lose the properties at any time because of actions happening in-game? 

Or those facts don't matter? :P 
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987
    Narendur1 said:
    Yanocchi said:

With Revival, are you able to buy real estate after the game launches? Can you lose the properties at any time because of actions happening in-game? 

Umm no you can't.  Revival flatlined awhile back...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• UtogiUtogi Member UncommonPosts: 2
    For those complaining in PMs that I have somehow compromised some sort of Top Sekret Infoz, this is directly from the CoE IRC Etiquette post from 8 months ago...

Solution: My staff and I have been using IRC as a place to leak information to those community members dedicated enough to come into IRC and chat with us. Going forward we will be more selective about what information we reveal so you can feel comfortable sharing any information received over IRC in more permanent locations - such as the forums.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/General-Discussion/394-IRCDiscord-etiquette
    That would be appropriate if there wasn't "IRC ONLY" in big letters all over the doc: http://puu.sh/ovyzo/eb1f60fc96.png
    You either saw this an shared it regardless, or did not pay attention to what was being discussed. Either way, the info is out now. I completely agree that the tier rewards should be reviewed, potentially by the public, but you really shouldn't have done so personally, and instead convinced an SS developer to do it.

*rant over*
    *logical discussion start*

I didn't initially understand why you say that the lower tiers are not rewarding enough. At $40 you are essentially just buying the game, plus fifteen to get a founders pack (most games I've seen have a "founders pack" priced at an additional $50 or more),  and at $80 you get even better value than the $40 tier ($80 worth of game + additional goods). So if you simply want to support for as much of as pledge-to-benefits 1:1 ratio as possible, those tiers seem completely fair to me.

I decided how much I was going to give before anything about the KS tiers had been discussed, according to how much money I have and how much I want the project to succeed. After hearing about the tiers, I then went to see what I would get in exchange for the amount I planned on giving. However, you seem to be doing to opposite: You are withholding from deciding on an amount until you see how you personally gain from it. From my perspective, I think all the tiers are fairly good, but from your perspective (looking for personal benefit), I can see how the tiers could be lacking.

The tiers $120 and $75, when taking into account they include the game, can be viewed as $80 and $55, respectively. The $80 one comes with "additional IP," which will allow you to exchange the IP for other rewards. Even if we assign this additional IP a value, say $20, the tier then ends up being $60 for a founder's pack and some social benefits. The one originally $75 ends up being $40 for founder's pack and social. I can see where if one is intent on gaining personal benefit within the game, that the jump from $40 or $55 to $75 and $120 is a rather large gap with few rewards.

Perhaps an additional game copy could be given at $120, and an additional Spark of Life given at $75? If the rewards I mentioned in the line above were implemented, do you think it would make those tiers worth it, or more would still need to be added?
  • YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Narendur1 said:
    Yanocchi said:

Umm no you can't.  Revival flatlined awhile back...

Their idea was that people could continue buying and selling houses after the game launches and people could loose their houses because of things happening in the game or even because an owner hasn't payed real estate tax owed to the city for many months.

The game was put on indefinite hold or cancelled after a year and $800k worth of production had gone into it. It's not even clear yet what it's exact status is. There was only one forum post by a subcontractor and no other information of any kind from the actual employees or founders of Illfonic.
    Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Those prices can't be right, $40 for game, $80 for open beta, $120 for closed beta, $500 for alpha is very high prices for kickstarter. Looking at crowfalls store, $45 for beta 2, $69 for beta 1, $99 for alpha 3. $179 for alpha 2 (current stage) and the prices were even lower during the kickstarter.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Shaigh said:
    Those prices can't be right, $40 for game, $80 for open beta, $120 for closed beta, $500 for alpha is very high prices for kickstarter. Looking at crowfalls store, $45 for beta 2, $69 for beta 1, $99 for alpha 3. $179 for alpha 2 (current stage) and the prices were even lower during the kickstarter.
    Yeah but CoE is more ambitious and its scope is greater. (that seemed to work for some other game)
  • Narendur1Narendur1 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Shaigh said:
    What would you say is more appropriate, then?

40 for game, 60 for beta 2, 80 for beta 1, 100 for "early access", 150 for alpha 2, 200 for alpha 1?

Now that the numbers are out there, try and give your opinion. Maybe they'll take it and use it :)
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    Shaigh said:
    literally first thing i did was to compare it to crowfall numbers.i agree if they went to kickstarter with those tiers thats a huge I'll pass for me and i'm a big fan of supporting innovative ideas on kickstarter.if i back or not i still want to see this game succeed even if i never play it.

but like several have pointed out and this thread https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/General-Discussion/4636-CoE-Drama-on-MMORPG claims they just wanted some feedback before running with specific numbers anyway. so i would take those numbers with a huge grain of salt
    Narendur1 said:
    Shaigh said:

40 for game, 60 for beta 2, 80 for beta 1, 100 for "early access", 150 for alpha 2, 200 for alpha 1?

Now that the numbers are out there, try and give your opinion. Maybe they'll take it and use it :)
    What I would do:

1. Cut down on the number of tiers.  There are simply too many and it creates clutter and confusion.
    2. Incentivize the non-hardcore person to pledge by offering a REASON to do so (ie. you get more now, for less, than if you wait till launch)
    3. Offer limited Early Birds for key tiers (not just the base game).  People will make impulse buys and a ticking clock of exclusivity helps.
    4. Take a look at Crowfall and Camelot Unchained.  Take those lessons learned and apply to this one.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    Narendur1 said:
    Shaigh said:

What I would do:

1. Cut down on the number of tiers.  There are simply too many and it creates clutter and confusion.
    2. Incentivize the non-hardcore person to pledge by offering a REASON to do so (ie. you get more now, for less, than if you wait till launch)
    3. Offer limited Early Birds for key tiers (not just the base game).  People will make impulse buys and a ticking clock of exclusivity helps.
    4. Take a look at Crowfall and Camelot Unchained.  Take those lessons learned and apply to this one.

Did you communicate this to them through IRC or some other forum?  Cause if you didn't, you should.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    There is nothing there that would get me to pre-purchase.  Early access is too high for me to be interested, but that is me.  Aside from that it is not too crazy.  I don't care what they do with the $10k tier etc.

The part I didn't like was: All tiers come with a $25 addon that allows players to give a code to their guild leader to apply for the guild invite, increasing influence and power of the starting guild.

I don't know how much this will affect the "influence and power" but it is one of those "pay for a chance" lottery type things that I don't like so much.  I can see a guild trying to get everyone to add the $25 option.  

Again, this is all fine if people want to but I think that last part preys on gamblers.  Just like Lockbox drops.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Narendur1 said:
    Shaigh said:

During kickstarter anything more than $30 for the game is too much, you can charge $60 for beta, $150 alpha 2, something like $300-$400 for immediate access. While $30 for the game won't bring you that much money the lowest tier is to get people invested in the project so they can tell their friends about it.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
    whilan said:

Did you communicate this to them through IRC or some other forum?  Cause if you didn't, you should.
    Feel free to pass it on.  If they reach out directly I'd be happy to give advice but know upfront that their $900k is a big ask in today's MMO Kickstarter market. 

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    whilan said:

Feel free to pass it on.  If they reach out directly I'd be happy to give advice but know upfront that their $900k is a big ask in today's MMO Kickstarter market. 

So you weren't actually in the IRC channel you took the information from? or just didn't tell them your ideas when that was the point of that chat? interesting.

Regardless i'm not one of those people who follow it so closely as to be in their IRC. Maybe someone like Maygus or DM21 gaming would be a better person to voice your complaints to rather than the common crowd where it will most likely go no where.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• Deffcon_1Deffcon_1 Member UncommonPosts: 164
    To the people saying Early Access is expensive. Early Access in CoE is NOT like other games early access. The early access for CoE is the FINISHED game, not an extended testing phase. It will be a 2 or 3 month time frame where those that have access get a head start. There wont be a server wipe after this period, so all the things those people do will carry into full launch. I know most games these days say "early access" and what they really mean is "early testing" but this isnt the case with CoE.
    whilan said:
     Maybe someone like Maygus or DM21 gaming would be a better person to voice your complaints to rather than the common crowd where it will most likely go no where.
    Oh you clearly misunderstand.  They can go ahead and launch whatever they like at whatever price they like.  It's just that if they go with something resembling the list in the OP they will fail.  That's not a complaint, it's a prediction.

We should get a feel for if I'm right in a week!

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    They must expect the stuff might get leaked.  Maybe they are looking for feedback?  The early access not getting wiped is good for some.   I don't mind progressing at my own rate so it doesn't do much for me.

I should say that the game sounds awesome and very promising.  I am likely to go for the basic game package.  I always get burned on this stuff though :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    edited May 2016
    Aethaeryn said:
    They must expect the stuff might get leaked.  Maybe they are looking for feedback?  The early access not getting wiped is good for some.   I don't mind progressing at my own rate so it doesn't do much for me.

I should say that the game sounds awesome and very promising.  I am likely to go for the basic game package.  I always get burned on this stuff though :)
    Yeah the Early Access is for early backers and/or contributing non-backers in the community get a head start on the game to expand out beyond the NPC started areas to have player content accessible.

... testing edit due to posting issues ...
    Post edited by Maygus on
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
    edited April 2016
    Maygus said:
    Yeah the Early Access is for early backers and/or contributing non-backers in the community get a head start on the game to expand out beyond the NPC started areas to have player content accessible.
    Sounds a LOT like what Pathfinder Online tried to do with their Early Enrollment...

PS: Has anyone checked Ryan Dancey's LinkedIn account to see if he's bringing his Steve Jobs of Marketing talents to this game?

• 8bitgamer8bitgamer Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Deekins said:
    I just don't do kickstarter. If they want my money before the game is ready, well let me buy into the game as a investor. I can then see a return on my investment should the game succeed. Sadly to many just do kickstarter with no real repercussions. Though I have read that Kickstarter has added a you must deliver clause or something to that nature.

Still rather it be the old ways, you get your own damn money and make the game. Then we pay you when it is ready. Anyone else remember when you didn't have to pay to do alpha/closed beta and some actually got paid for that? Those days were much better. 
    You can't invest in games unless you meet certain criteria, hence how kickstart is able to "invest" in projects without the legal requirement. People are donating to it.
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    I'll admit the 500-10k tiers are ridiculous. If you have that kind of money just call them up and donate and I'm sure you can work out some nifty perks. Who is it that is looking for MMORPGs to play a few years from now (optimistic) with 10 grand burning a hole in their pocket? /envy
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • 8bitgamer8bitgamer Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Deekins said:
    8bitgamer said:
    Deekins said:
    I just don't do kickstarter. If they want my money before the game is ready, well let me buy into the game as a investor. I can then see a return on my investment should the game succeed. Sadly to many just do kickstarter with no real repercussions. Though I have read that Kickstarter has added a you must deliver clause or something to that nature.

Still rather it be the old ways, you get your own damn money and make the game. Then we pay you when it is ready. Anyone else remember when you didn't have to pay to do alpha/closed beta and some actually got paid for that? Those days were much better. 
    You can't invest in games unless you meet certain criteria, hence how kickstart is able to "invest" in projects without the legal requirement. People are donating to it.
    Yes, I know it is donating to the game. My point is, I get no return on my investment. And no the game getting made is not a return on my investment. That is me giving money to a company to make their game and reap the rewards. If I'm going to just throw my money into someone else's project/game, I want a return on my investment, whether that be in stock in the company I can later sell off or money back in my pocket. I don't donate to people's dreams and ideas and I damn sure don't donate to game companies I don't know.
    Well this is not a financial investment, this is a startup company so if you want something like that you might be in the wrong forums.   

Also quick note to the getting paid in the alpha beta days, I was there, and those weren't the days. Paid alpha/beta was a job, you had a set task list and the amount of work you'd have to put in was far greater than most kickstarters. 20 hours of work a week at minimum wage is 140 bucks in most places, you'd be doing that for 80 hours roughly before the game launched so I'd gladly pay 150 bucks instead of the 560 dollars of my time. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    So many tiers,boggles my mind.I thought the cost to play was based on death penalties,now i see these tiers.

Tier 16 10k ...wowsers.
    So how does that work "ok we like your idea but we can't implement it ,so here is what we are going to do ...lol".We will take your 10k and implement our own idea but pretend it's your idea.
    I simply do not understand ANY developer relying on kickstarters,you gather all these employees together on a WHIM?What if kickstarter fails,then all the work so far and all the employees just go home?it is imo a shotty way to run a business.you cannot do your best work when you have no idea of the revenue you have to work with and this is the same for all developers using this method.
    Furthermore the games are not properly designed to the finishing point because there is no guarantee of revenue.This is why Chris Roberts game has been run o badly,he did not have any definitive design,instead he just gets requests then takes a ton of money and promises that some day it will be delivered but nothing ever gets finished,just more and more and more promises.
    This is  to be expected when you rely on kickstarter's,lots of uncertainty,unfinished work,skepticism,doubt etc etc.

Then what happens if the game does release in solid shape,what if nobody is dying and no further revenue is coming in?I simply don't like too many question marks.
    I wish the game and developers luck but i have my doubts on the revenue side,i think this game will be rushed and never reach it's best potential.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Wizardry said:
    Then what happens if the game does release in solid shape,what if nobody is dying and no further revenue is coming in?I simply don't like too many question marks.
    I wish the game and developers luck but i have my doubts on the revenue side,i think this game will be rushed and never reach it's best potential.
    Hurm?

But people will eventually die and be reborn and require to expend a spark (either from KS or post-launch and buying it there). Some people will live longer than the average life through whatever few means are available in the system. IE: Lichdom, Vamp, other special mechanic. But Caspian has said that only very few people will achieve those levels, because only very few people CAN obtain those special states. If they do? Then all the power to them, and hopefully they hold onto the thing giving them a longer life.
    Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240