Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unofficial Kickstarter Tiers from IRC

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
Here you go:

$5 Tier 0 Contributor / Donation Tier. Includes a Forums Award indicating your support
+ ‘Social 1’
$35 Tier 1 Basic Edition of the Game (Early Bird.)
$40 Tier 1 Basic Edition of the Game
$55 Tier 2 Founder's Pack + ‘Social 2’ + T1
$75 Tier 3 Open Beta + Founder + T2
$80 Group 1 Carriage Made for Two.
Two copies of the Basic Game, plus resources and blueprint for a Carriage made for Two† (Horses or other mount not included)
$120 Tier 4 Closed Beta + T3 + Bonus IP

$150 Tier 5 Access to Exposition +Custom Surname + Social 3 + T4
$175 P1 $25 credit to merchandise store + in-game antique (map or item used in quest)† + T5 (Map/Antique is an in-game item that either leads to something cool, or is an item that will be part of a story-line at some point. (No one map or antique are the same))
$200 Tier 6 Bonus Spark of Life (2 total) + P1
$225 Group 2 Guild Hall†. $200 Tier, + Custom Guild Heraldry + Reserved Guild Name* + access to Guild Invite System
$225 Group 3 Village Square†, Custom Village Crest, name your village*, access to village invite
$250 P2 $25 credit to merchandise store ($50 Total), Open Alpha, 'Social 4', + Tier 6 + Bonus IP

$300 Tier 7 Ursaphant Mount†, + P2
$350 Tier 8 War Trison Mount†, House Battle Standard, + P2
$500 Tier 9 Closed Alpha, Count Title, County of Choice, Design your Crest, 'Social 5', + Tier 8
$750 P3 $50 credit to merchandise store ($100 total), design a tattoo or hairstyle (keep pattern), + Tier 9

$1k Tier 10 Exclusive monthly Video Q&A, [Upgrade] design a food, drink, or potion (Keep Pattern), + Tier P3
$1.5k Tier 11 [Upgrade] Design an accessory (Keep pattern), +3 Sparks of Life (5 Total),+ Tier 10 
$2k Tier 12 Invite to Launch Party, Custom Portrait of yourself in-game, [Upgrade] Design Weapon or Shield (Keep Pattern) + Tier 11
$2.5k Tier 13 Tier 13 - Studio Tour, [Upgrade] Design a Relic (Keep relic)†, +5 Sparks of Life, + Tier 12 (10 Total)
$3.5k Tier 14 Dinner w/ Founder, [Upgrade] Design a Full Suit of Armor (Keep Pattern & item†),
$5k Tier 15 [Upgrade] Design in-game creature. Signed concept art of the creature. +10 Sparks of Life (20 Total), + Tier 14
$10k Tier 16 [Upgrade] Design a story-driven world event, world boss, or castle (keep pattern†). Signed copy of the concept. Become a King and select & name Kingdom. Design custom crest. Design your crown. Invited to Gaming Weekend with the Team, 'Social 7' + Tier 15

(non-stacking*) The 80 and 225 tier’s are non-stacking, in that they are not awarded as part of the higher tiers. They are separate price-points for ‘groups’ only.

* - Pending Developer Approval
† - All physical items can be lost in game

All tiers come with a $25 addon that allows players to give a code to their guild leader to apply for the guild invite, increasing influence and power of the starting guild.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    edited April 2016
    LOL
    with just that im going tell you the futur, game failed
    10 000$ tier, like seriously ?? give me 25 % of your games share at this price... lol
    edit: im serious, can give 10k for a good percent of your game share.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    LOL
    10 000$ tier, like seriously ?? give me 25 % of your games share at this price... lol
    1. Your Opinion.
    2. Those with the most Opinions tend to have the fewest facts.
    3. So you must have played the game at the highest level already huh? 
    4. *Crickets*
    5. Close the door behind you.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• MikePtMikePt Member UncommonPosts: 47
    WOW great too bad a little late I bought ESO with all expansion in hype for Veteran rank removal and I left some for Legion (idk thinking to give a shoot ....)
    But defiantly I will get tier 1 40$ and maybe next month when I have some spare cash  I could throw some more in tier 0
    So many games so little money so little time .....but I hope that after CoE release I will play only Chronicles of Elyria )))))
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    LOL
    Kickstarters do not fail because of high level tiers.  They fail because the low/mid ones are not attractive.

When I look at the list I think they are not delivering enough value on the low/mid end to justify people pledging to Kickstarter vs waiting for release.

$75 to join open beta weekends?
    $120 for closed beta?
    $150 for Headstart?

This is what happens when you ask your biggest fans to approve your pricing plans :)

Let's hope that by publicizing it outside the small hardcore IRC crowd we can influence them to go back and re-structure these...

Otherwise there is no way they raise 900k.   Not because of game design but because of Kickstarter structure.

Tekkon

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MirronMirron Member UncommonPosts: 2
    edited April 2016
    LOL
    Kickstarters do not fail because of high level tiers.  They fail because the low/mid ones are not attractive.

When I look at the list I think they are not delivering enough value on the low/mid end to justify people pledging to Kickstarter vs waiting for release.

$120 for closed beta?
    $150 for Headstart?

This is what happens when you ask your biggest fans to approve your pricing plans :)

Let's hope that by publicizing it outside the small hardcore IRC crowd we can influence them to go back and re-structure these...

Otherwise there is no way they raise 900k.   Not because of game design but because of Kickstarter structure.

The fact of the matter is that:
    1. You posted something from IRC...
    2. The law of supply and demand there are a market for these tiers at their current price.
    3. Anything in the tiers can be achieved with IP which means that paying those prices arent the only way in.
    4. IP is awarded to those who are actively contributing members of the community.
    5. If you aren't actively contributing why should the devs lower tier prices just to allow you into the game early? 
    6. If the regular price of the game is $40 I see no problem in almost doubling it to get into open beta in the end it gives those players an edge come game release.
    7. If you didn't think the prices were right you should have talked to the devs about it privately not post it publicly trying to change their mind.
    8. You dont have to go to a higher tier if you don't want to. You can pay that 35-40 bucks and then just sit on that until game release. Yet for those who are willing, and there are people who are willing, they will go to a higher tier.
    9. If you think the game is worth it, if you want to see it succeed then you'll put your money where your mouth is instead of trying to cause some kind of tier-altering movement.

If anyone is hindering KS at this point it's you and your negative word of mouth. Instead of being such a negative influence on the community, you could have helped it and maybe earned IP and used that to get into the pre-release testing that you seem to like so much. Now this. Cheers xD
    edited April 2016
    Hi and welcome to the MMORPG.COM forums!

1. So?  I kinda made that clear in the title... but thanks for clearing that up!
    2. Actually no.  The law of supply and demand would only apply IF they reach their funding goal (well it will still apply but only negatively otherwise).  Wanna make a guess on whether or not that happens?
    3. Great! has zero to do with Kickstarter and actually works AGAINST it meaning the diehards who get the IP don;t need to spend the money.   Sure sounds like it was well thought out!
    4. Awesome!  
    5. They shouldn't as long as you think the "active contributors" will give the developers $900,000.  Otherwise you might want to look outside the echo chamber!
    6. Your opinion.  Mine is quite different.
    7. Well, firstly who says I didn't? And secondly... tough noogies?
    8. Thanks for that.  Had no idea that you could pledge at lower than the maximum tier..
    9. Yes.  If I did.... I would.
    Tekkon

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

$120 for closed beta?
    $150 for Headstart?

You guys are out of your minds if you pay this kind of money for these crappy games

$120 for closed beta?
    $150 for Headstart?

You guys are out of your minds if you pay this kind of money for these crappy games

That is what happens when people surround themselves with yes men.  It's been proven over and over and over again with game development.  It's a shame because I kind of liked the concepts... but I will be utterly shocked if they raise 900k unless they change these tiers prior to going live.

Tekkon

• MikePtMikePt Member UncommonPosts: 47
    edited April 2016
    I don't understand all the hate .
    I just know that before MMOrpg used to promote some game with terrible graphics in early stages which is normal still COE show some decent looks even in at this stage
    all previous promoted kick starters had terrible or not stuff to show like Camelot unchained why people even founded that crap 1 year and there seems to be no progress
    or Animation Look at that poor pantheon what ever called

To be honest why I want to support COE because
    They showed Nice graphics
    They showed nice smooth animations
    They have soulbound ?engine which will work out how lore works
    Also they showed and talked about lot of stuff that aren't available in no MMO only in Moded by crazy modders stuff like snow accumulation (in Skyrim)  and I bet will be more of such stuff
    Also combat will be very promising seems they will implement different fighting styles for all kind of medieval weapons which is freaking awesome.

I also remember old times when I was a die hard ESO farm I even got 2 Imperial Boxes while all mmore RPG rewirewers   were screaming trash same public dungeons same pasterns and so on Wield Star is much better much more fun and where is Wield star today ?
    And nowa days ESO and Final Fantasy are basically best MMorpg ...

MikePt said:

I like the concept of the game.  I have backed many, many Kickstarters and other Crowd Funded games.  In my opinion these tiers are setting the campaign up to fail.  

There is time for them to adjust the tiers, thus the discussion.

If they do not adjust the tiers SIGNIFICANTLY, they will not attract enough people outside of their IRC inner circle to make the 900k funding unless one of those guys is going to up in 800k...

This Kickstarter will not fail because of the game... it will fail because of the Kickstarter tiers...

• RasiemRasiem Member UncommonPosts: 318
    LOL

$120 for closed beta?
    $150 for Headstart?

I agree but if a crap game like Albion online gets away with it I think it's a fair price. Personally I'll be buying it because this is a genre changing game honestly we should all be supporting. But hey most would rather spend that on cash shop crap in games like bdo lol and that's why we get games like.....BDO then everyone bitches lol.
  • whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    I'll have to see how my finances go, but i'll either spring for the 40 or 75 dollar one. Anything beyond that is just extras.

As for the tiers themselves, they look fine to me, not sure what the sudden alarm is. Looks typical for a kickstarter.  These teirs also are part donation, so what would normally cost you 40 costs you 70 dollars cause 40 for the item and 30 for donation to help them. Reminds me of those telethons that used to happen. "at the 75 dollar level you get a dvd of the performance"

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Deekins said:
    I just don't do kickstarter. If they want my money before the game is ready, well let me buy into the game as a investor. I can then see a return on my investment should the game succeed. Sadly to many just do kickstarter with no real repercussions. Though I have read that Kickstarter has added a you must deliver clause or something to that nature.

Still rather it be the old ways, you get your own damn money and make the game. Then we pay you when it is ready. Anyone else remember when you didn't have to pay to do alpha/closed beta and some actually got paid for that? Those days were much better. 
    Dont see the problem. there's nothing stopping you from waiting untill any game is out and playing it. skipping the Founers packs and all.     Kickstarter in itself isnt a bad thing. it promotes trying to break the mold.

Its on the consumer to decide what to do with there money,  I will wait and see what they offer with the kickstarter and if it is indeed what the op said,  i may or may not DONATE to the cause
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    If a developer hedges all its bets on Kickstarter, and they produce a terrible game, they'll lose any goodwill from the people who funded them, and they likely won't have the funds to make another game.

Deekins said:

Oh I know that, henceforth why I said "I just don't do kickstarter." I was just saying above that, I think it is a shame now that you buy into alpha/closed beta, were as before it was something given to those to help fix the bugs in a game. Now it is seen more as a chance to try the game out. And really I've yet to see many kickstarter games deliver. Most just go the way of the Dodo. 

The consumer shouldn't have to be responsible for a game being made, that should be entirely on the developer of said game. At least from what I gather Kickstarter is starting to hold these companies responsible if they don't deliver. So, I guess that is a positive on at least the consumers side.

I would guess my biggest deterrent from ever donating is watching the train wreck that was Greed Monger. Though it brought much entertainment, it was also a great lesson it was more of a in why to never donate to an idea or dream. Always just buy the finish product. 
    I agree with every, single thing you said...

...but I still feel compelled to look at and frequently pledge to Kickstarters/Crowd-Funding/Pre-Purchases..

It's a disease.

• st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Deekins said:
    st4t1ck said:
    Deekins said:
    I just don't do kickstarter. If they want my money before the game is ready, well let me buy into the game as a investor. I can then see a return on my investment should the game succeed. Sadly to many just do kickstarter with no real repercussions. Though I have read that Kickstarter has added a you must deliver clause or something to that nature.

Still rather it be the old ways, you get your own damn money and make the game. Then we pay you when it is ready. Anyone else remember when you didn't have to pay to do alpha/closed beta and some actually got paid for that? Those days were much better. 
    Dont see the problem. there's nothing stopping you from waiting untill any game is out and playing it. skipping the Founers packs and all.     Kickstarter in itself isnt a bad thing. it promotes trying to break the mold.

Its on the consumer to decide what to do with there money,  I will wait and see what they offer with the kickstarter and if it is indeed what the op said,  i may or may not DONATE to the cause
    Oh I know that, henceforth why I said "I just don't do kickstarter." I was just saying above that, I think it is a shame now that you buy into alpha/closed beta, were as before it was something given to those to help fix the bugs in a game. Now it is seen more as a chance to try the game out. And really I've yet to see many kickstarter games deliver. Most just go the way of the Dodo. 

The consumer shouldn't have to be responsible for a game being made, that should be entirely on the developer of said game. At least from what I gather Kickstarter is starting to hold these companies responsible if they don't deliver. So, I guess that is a positive on at least the consumers side.

I would guess my biggest deterrent from ever donating is watching the train wreck that was Greed Monger. Though it brought much entertainment, it was also a great lesson in why to never donate to an idea or dream. Always just buy the finish product. 

Edit: I will say I have nothing against those that feel the need to give to the developers in Kickstarter. I just think it is a shame that developers no longer go by the olden way of doing things. Earn the money, get investors, or a loan and make the game. Get alpha/beta testers from the community/applications from website. But I can see the attraction to never having anything to pay back to an investor or a loan. So I guess a plus for them.
    I dont think were responsible for games being made, but at the same time a lot of us complain about Most if not all the games that are funded by investors.  I really do believe that investors ruin a lot of the games that come out do to trying to make money off every single aspect of the game, only wanting short term gain, and not worrying about the long term.

I do agree that kickstarter companies could be held more accountable for the things that they do, an i see it leaning that way in the future, but if we want something different then what the mainstream offers, we dont have many other options
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Slap and the fanboys going back and forth in an eternal struggle of good and evil.

Having a major deja vous about Pathfinder Online right now.
    Oh right seeing it like that.. I know there will be an end to this thanks to the modern interpretation of "Minimal Viable Product"
    Harbinger of Fools
    For those complaining in PMs that I have somehow compromised some sort of Top Sekret Infoz, this is directly from the CoE IRC Etiquette post from 8 months ago...

Solution: My staff and I have been using IRC as a place to leak information to those community members dedicated enough to come into IRC and chat with us. Going forward we will be more selective about what information we reveal so you can feel comfortable sharing any information received over IRC in more permanent locations - such as the forums.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/General-Discussion/394-IRCDiscord-etiquette

• Deffcon_1Deffcon_1 Member UncommonPosts: 164
    For those complaining in PMs that I have somehow compromised some sort of Top Sekret Infoz, this is directly from the CoE IRC Etiquette post from 8 months ago...

Solution: My staff and I have been using IRC as a place to leak information to those community members dedicated enough to come into IRC and chat with us. Going forward we will be more selective about what information we reveal so you can feel comfortable sharing any information received over IRC in more permanent locations - such as the forums.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/General-Discussion/394-IRCDiscord-etiquette
    Yes, except at the very top of the document you took this information from there is a HUGE banner that says !IRC ONLY! You took this information knowing it wasnt final in hopes to deter those thinking of doing the kickstarter. If the document didnt have a huge banner saying not to share it, no one would have cared. Its clear you are trying to sabotage the project without coming right out and saying it. Theres a reason these tiers werent made public.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    MikePt said:
    I just know that before MMOrpg used to promote some game with terrible graphics in early stages which is normal still COE show some decent looks even in at this stage
    all previous promoted kick starters had terrible or not stuff to show like Camelot unchained why people even founded that crap 1 year and there seems to be no progress
    or Animation Look at that poor pantheon what ever called

To be honest why I want to support COE because
    They showed Nice graphics
    They showed nice smooth animations
    They have soulbound ?engine which will work out how lore works
    Also they showed and talked about lot of stuff that aren't available in no MMO only in Moded by crazy modders stuff like snow accumulation (in Skyrim)  and I bet will be more of such stuff
    Also combat will be very promising seems they will implement different fighting styles for all kind of medieval weapons which is freaking awesome.

I also remember old times when I was a die hard ESO farm I even got 2 Imperial Boxes while all mmore RPG rewirewers   were screaming trash same public dungeons same pasterns and so on Wield Star is much better much more fun and where is Wield star today ?
    And nowa days ESO and Final Fantasy are basically best MMorpg ...

Some people are more concerned with a working prototype, and proof of concept than they are with how good the graphics look in a pre-alpha game.

• MaradaeMaradae Member UncommonPosts: 11

This is about that question:

2. IRC is transient. When someone asks a question on the forums, especially once we add search support, the answer exists forever. When a question is asked and answered in IRC - the answer is gone. This leads to the same question being asked (and answered) multiple times. 

This information isn't a question about something. 
    Co-author of Heraldo de Elyria (spanish fansite blog). Visit the CoE's official Wiki [En] [Es] [Fr]
    Consider using my Chronicles of Elyria friend code: C9D8F6
    Deffcon_1 said:

Yes, except at the very top of the document you took this information from there is a HUGE banner that says !IRC ONLY! You took this information knowing it wasnt final in hopes to deter those thinking of doing the kickstarter. If the document didnt have a huge banner saying not to share it, no one would have cared. Its clear you are trying to sabotage the project without coming right out and saying it. Theres a reason these tiers werent made public.
    LOL far from it.   Trying to save it from the typical echo chamber that leads these projects to their DOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

If it launches the KS without much change it will fail.  And then you can look in the mirror.

• YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677

$225 Group 2 Guild Hall†. $200 Tier, + Custom Guild Heraldry + Reserved Guild Name* + access to Guild Invite System
    $225 Group 3 Village Square†, Custom Village Crest, name your village*, access to village invite

If that's legit information, so much for bashing Revival for selling real estate property for real life money and defending CoE that it won't have anything like that.
    Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Rpgmaster...  If you can invest 10k 

http://soulboundstudios.com/investors.aspx

Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
    Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240
  • whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    Yanocchi said:

If that's legit information, so much for bashing Revival for selling real estate property for real life money and defending CoE that it won't have anything like that.
    Apparently this is still in the works and was taken from something that was supposed to be limited to the IRC channel only.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.