Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift - Super-Pricey?

124»

Comments

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    cheyane said:
    I would not be in a guild where they would demand this type of investment. Leave guilds that expect you to spend so much money.
    Most top end guild investment is being raid ready. like Ear slot, gear unlocked when this part of Rift don't not cost a lot of money but opening all the souls are if the guild need someone to fill more then 1 role will cost someone a bit if there not sure how long they would play. But your right Leave a guild that expect someone to invest more money in to a game that don't need to be a money sink for someone new or someone just wants to play with people for them to invest there money or time in to the game.
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    cheyane said:
    I would not be in a guild where they would demand this type of investment. Leave guilds that expect you to spend so much money.
    Most top end guild investment is being raid ready. like Ear slot, gear unlocked when this part of Rift don't not cost a lot of money but opening all the souls are if the guild need someone to fill more then 1 role will cost someone a bit if there not sure how long they would play. But your right Leave a guild that expect someone to invest more money in to a game that don't need to be a money sink for someone new or someone just wants to play with people for them to invest there money or time in to the game.
    You brought up some very good points. I remember in wow when you raided you had to have food, pots, enchants, gems and the best gear you could get from running heroics ect. All of those things I had mentioned were available (within reason) with just a subscription. That was the way it should have been with rift. And if the persons sub ran out then the earring slots and certain soul slots should have been locked just like they did with any other patron benefits. Even though a sub is a pay wall but I would think a more of an acceptable one. I understand Trion has to make money but they are nicking and dimming the player base. They way they locked out content from players if they did not buy the nightmare tide pack even if you had a subscription was just plan greedy on their part.
  • FalstaffFalstaff Member UncommonPosts: 78
    I bought dream soul pack, and typhoon edition on steam when they were 50% off around christmas.  Around $24 total for both.

I rake in enough plat just doing daily's and weekly's now to have bought the newest ascended soul pack with in game coin.  There is always a reputable person gifting cash shop items for in-game coin

I'm a cheapskate.  I would never pay full price for any of these extra's

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited June 2016
    Soybean said:
    cheyane said:
    You brought up some very good points. I remember in wow when you raided you had to have food, pots, enchants, gems and the best gear you could get from running heroics ect. All of those things I had mentioned were available (within reason) with just a subscription. That was the way it should have been with rift. And if the persons sub ran out then the earring slots and certain soul slots should have been locked just like they did with any other patron benefits. Even though a sub is a pay wall but I would think a more of an acceptable one. I understand Trion has to make money but they are nicking and dimming the player base. They way they locked out content from players if they did not buy the nightmare tide pack even if you had a subscription was just plan greedy on their part.
    Sometimes I don't like when a game nicking and dimming from any company that's are out there. But something I know they need to make money even I don't agree with there action. And some times even having a game that does not nicking and dimming people like Wildstar does not mean it will bring in the money that it needs to support it self.

Nightmare tide pack I was ok with as long there was a way for free players to get even how cheap it was to unlock the ear slot and the gear unlock. I didn't agree over a year later Trion remove it from getting with in game world event tokens. Making harder for free players to farm for what they need. The Game need a overhaul for new players. Just to stick around as everyone is at the max level and people having trouble getting there for people to stick around on a old leveling system from the 2011 or a wow vanilla level like system.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    $300 Bucks for my wife and me :dizzy:

No way..... 

I love the game but i wont ever see the most things from the expansions.

and i wont have EARING SLOTS EVER !!
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Trion Worlds really is a complete mess and has terrible management. Sad too because Rift was a great game and had so much potential.
    Fixed it for ya.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche