Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trine developer's new game, Shadwen, sneaks onto PC and PS4 in May

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
edited April 2016 in PC Gaming
The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2016
    Nice. Although i didnt get to finish any of the Trines, 1 and 2 were really cool (didnt play 3). I hope they have some sort of coop mode here as well. That was the best part of Trine, the teamwork experience.

• SomethingUnusualSomethingUnusual Member UncommonPosts: 546
    So, a combination like gameplay of Prince of Persia Sands of Time and Assassins Creed?

Interesting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited April 2016
    I doubt there will be a co-op mode, unless they're making a whole set of maps designed for that, and still they need to figure out something for the "double player - double rewind" issue. Two players could solve the maps way more easily than one, so putting two players on a "regular" map seems pointless, it would take away the challenge.

So, a combination like gameplay of Prince of Persia Sands of Time and Assassins Creed?

Interesting.
    Not really, it's more like a logical / puzzle game, not an action one like those two. Also the time manipulation is the main feature, not just an escape mechanism like in PoP.

There was a demo weekend for it (turtle had a thread about it, http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6871568/#Comment_6871568 ), based on that the game will launch at 14.5 bucks :lol:
    It's a cool game, even if I'm not a stealthy fan. I think I'll grab a copy when it launches, the demo is still installed on my hdd and I've ran through it a couple more times after the weekend as well.

edit: here's a fun playthrough of the demo if you're interested in the gameplay, not the best (obviously) but hilarious to watch as she discovering options and cussing :lol:
    https://youtu.be/z8Udeyoqscw
    (play starts at around 7min, before that just the lead-in infos about the game and the demo campaign. This is maybe the most "action" you can get from it, she kills almost the whole map... :wink: )
    Post edited by Po_gg on

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    UPDATE:
    Just received an email from the publisher:

Thanks for posting! Shadwen won't have co-op, it is single player only. 

Cheers,
    Kai

Bummer. I hope the game is good. Thanks for following up with them.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

UPDATE:
    Just received an email from the publisher:

Thanks for posting! Shadwen won't have co-op, it is single player only. 

Cheers,
    Kai
    Told ya :wink: as I guessed above, two players could be great, but you need a whole new set of maps for that, based on two player's cooperative actions. But in turn, those would be unsolvable for a single player. Maybe it's a cool idea for a sequel?

I must say it's great how quickly they responded, a lot of bigger games / studios have much lazier communication with the fans :+1: 
    Now that I watched that video I posted, with the streamer's goofing around, I got into the mood and played it through myself too. Still can't do it without killing any guards... but still fun. And at least there's still an urge to try again.
    @blueturtle13 ; (and other demo players), Shadwen sneaked out from the dark, and for a week there's even a launch discount from the already lowered price due to the demo plays :wink:
    https://www.gog.com/news/release_shadwen
    Can't wait to test the full game, with all the mechanics which were left out of the demo...