Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scamming is not allowed?

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
So earlier this morning I was reading the forums for this game, and it appears they revered a really large transaction because a player got scammed, Don't get me wrong I am not for scamming, and I am glad they did this, but check this out.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?270928-A-note-on-in-game-deception-and-name-impersonation&highlight=therapist

Scamming has been said to be allowed.

https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/articles/204183367-Scamming-And-Exploiting

A user should always clearly check the names of the person they are trading with etc, this article says its allowed.

Yet this other article on the glyph page says that its not allowed to do harassment in games to other players.

https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/articles/204435787-Code-of-Conduct-Violations-Harassment

A user on "Tahyang" server constantly does harassment to a certain number of people he doesn't like, the user has blocked/ignored the user but the user doing the harassment constnatly uses others as a proxy to do harassment for example whenever the new person joins a new guild he will harassment the guild leaders until that said person is kicked, and other means of harassment in game which is not block-able has been doing this since hero, and a huge number of players and Role-Players have started leaving the server already because of it...

Yet Trion does nothing to enforce the harassment policy, Obviously there is a reason why im looking at investing into Crow Fall as a new game now or something else given Black Desert is a failure.

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I got scammed once in the game.  Bastard.  All in good fun.  My stupid fault for it, so kudos to him.

I self identify as a monkey.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Dont take me wrong but all this is bullshit.
    When a scam hapened its allways "victim" fault.

Bealive it or not, i dont scam, i dont block anyone, i dont do harrasment to anyone but i know all this belong to a sandbox type mmorpg. I like games where i need to learn how to survive, its on this wild envoriment where usually i found the best groups of people.
    In mmorpg its fun for me "living" in a danger world, make me stay alert and build strong relationship with other players, love it in old L2, love it in AA.

Probabily the "victim" is a whale, thats the real reason so they take action.

Note: I love this game, still playing and dont think in quit, in fact i will transfer server next week with my guild looking for more action, but this Trion team and the changes they put in AA most of them are ridiculous, and the protection they make to the big whales are starting to be to obvious.

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    edited April 2016
    OP,  this goes just for scamming through impersonation.

Scamming was and is allowed just not if you in char pretend  to be another user.

@Jabas i dont agree with victims fault in this case by all love for sandbox -ness.
    Its internetz, what you know from build up ingame friends is typed chat words or at best some team speak voice. Its very easy to exploit some builded trust with impersonation because the victim's tools for defense against this are weak.
    You can adapt a rigid playstyle with no talk and no trade with anyone for security but in Archeage you need others to enjoy game  fully.
    Beside bullying like OP's example case  shouldn't be allowed anywhere on the planet, wether IRL nor in VR. 
    @farbege ;

Yeah, when i post this i didnt know the all story. On this particular case i agree with take action against only because the guy was expose in a stream with a value objective.

Trion/XLGames are creating rules to avoid certain situations in-game insted of giving players more tools and better systems to defend themselfs against scams.

Like for example:
    - Better trading system where the name of players envolve in trade show on top of trade window, so the player can check befor hit the trade button in a more easy way.
    - Some system to trade plot zones between players whitout players be worry about be scam on that process.
    - Players craft shop, like in L2, so i dont need to give my weapon to someone to upgrade to T6 or give the mats to some one so he upgrade the weapon and then sell it to me.

Only a few examples.

About bullying, yes i dont agree and shoudnt be allow it in any way.
    But is not easy to define what is bullying and what is not in a more sandbox game, in a matter of actions ofc, in words is easy to spot.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    edited April 2016
    So you came to the conclusion that Archeage isn't being managed properly.....  I think we figured that out a month after launch.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/441242/what-do-you-think-of-archeage/p1
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    filmoret said:
    So you came to the conclusion that Archeage isn't being managed properly.....  I think we figured that out a month after launch.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/441242/what-do-you-think-of-archeage/p1
    I play the game for what it is in a overall picture, i love it, but theres alot of thinks i dont like it and some of this thinks is related with management. Why im still playing? because i can focus in the good part of the game and ignore the bad one, im still having a blast, special with the community im with. We were all this time "green pirates", now we change server and become pirates, a small undergear group destroying and steal everthing we can over the sea. We die and get rekt alot by the whales and big guilds, but we still have alot of fun every night.

But i can still point alot of thinks wrong in the game, and yes i dont like the management neither some patchs we had since release.
    I didnt reach that conclusion now, i allways saw that since i start playing in EU, but as long i still have fun i stay around because theres nothing on the market better then AA for me.
  • CyraelCyrael Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Bad decision. It's not the developer's job to protect someone from their own stupidity.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Cyrael said:
    Bad decision. It's not the developer's job to protect someone from their own stupidity.
    Makes perfect sense to allow scammers to run around in your store trying to rip off your customers.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • MyNameIsVMyNameIsV Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Scamming is allowed. I got scammed multiple times and just like in Eve a GM told me it was my fault. It is odd that they are taking a different stance on it now. Trion needs to make up their mind.