Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serious issue with endgame

Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247
The end game has a serious flaw DZ credits are worthless DZ zone gear is worthless, Phoenix credits and gear is best gear i think this should be reverse or dark zone credit gear needs to be improved it is no better than dropped items.
For a pvp end game system lot of time is wasted camping bosses when it should be pvp also when i enter the darkzone i spend 15 mins looking for something to kill it is like ending up in wasteland with nothing around once i kill a group of mobs then i have to spend 15 more mins looking for something to kill not very fun.
All i see are groups of rogue killers 1 shotting all the mobs clearing out low level zones.

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Just because you want it a different way doesn't make it bad. 
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    The named gear has horrible stats so much so they don't even stack up to blues while costing a huge amount of dz credits and having fixed talents they are not even worth equipping.
    So now the best gear in game is from crafting yet ubisoft wants players to be equipped by drops so they say one thing and do another this is starting to remind me of of SWG.
    So now they increased the amount of mats needed to make top end which means mindless grinding till you have the mats.

• heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    So many things wrong here.

The lower end DZ are more populated, more agents, more group clearing spawns, more rogue agents - if you want to treat DZ more like a high-end PVE zone, you need to stay in DZ 5 or 6.

You also get better gear, much much better chance of dropping 182 lvl high ends.

Second, once you get to DZ rank 30-40+ you'll be able to start buying 163-182 and even some 191 set pieces. Get even higher you can start buying 204 pieces and crafting recipes.

These take DZ credits, completely separate currency.

Then you have good 182 and now higher items you can buy with Phoenix credits.

There are always a few weapons in the special vendor for around 450k credits that are 182.

You can also get 9 163-182 High End extracted out of the DZ in about 30 minutes of work.

It's SO easy to gear up in this game without crafting a thing.

Crafting is now secondary to drops and buying gear via credits, DZ credits, or Phoenix Credits.

You get scores of crafting materials as drops now, and from chests, and from completing daily/weekly activities.

If you are farming and not gaining considerable loot, you are doing it wrong.
    Phry
  • SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Crafting should have been secondary from the start. this is a loot game first crafting second. the fact that they increased the requirments to craft a gold was a good decision.
  • SagornSagorn Member UncommonPosts: 25
    The game fell apart with the DZ. Hybrid PvPvE zones are terrible.. even when done well. All you get is one big grief fest.. which is the DZ in the Division. It is one long grind for DZ rank to get blueprints to craft items to run PvE content. The easiest way to level and make money is to go rogue and kill players. The easiest way to do that is to use one or more of the many.. many.. many.. hacks and cheats available. This went on for a month... with nothing done. In the latest patch there were claims of fixing things but I can guarantee you I don't see anything different.

Since the patch, all bosses drop high end items. This encourages even more griefing and cheating in the DZ as now people not only get massive xp and cash for killing/rogue stats, they also get a ton of free loot. All for shooting you in the face when you are extracting and can't even fight back. 

GG Ubi. Keep banning people on your reddit forum to try and keep the truth away from the people.
  • ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    PS4 player here and I've yet to experience a bona fide hack, but I can certainly understand the PC player's agony which makes me wonder if they should have followed Destiny as a console-only game. 

I've never experienced the grief fest that many people speak of. I've been PK'ed of course, but I've never felt ganked or griefed about it. Situation awareness and a full team seems to serve as a good deterrent. 

Where I am having problems however is losing friends to play with because they are giving up because they can't keep up with the guys who rocketed to the end game. 
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Are people here actually trying to sell the DZ?

I've spent 100 or so hours in the DZ from all tiers...first off the low level tiers actually have more gank squads than the high tier ones. The high tier ones will have a dedicated group of six or seven assholes running a vent murder squad.

I've been one of those assholes. (I feel like Rioter Paul here for that).

What you get from the DZ is garbage. The "cash drop" rate is toggled to .1 or something even with that majorly epic 10% boost DZ funds perk (lol...lol).

Facts are I read so many people here totally going "Well squad up yourself with randoms or friends" and that doesn't work as well as you think it does. Situational awareness matters not when you get hit from a rooftop by a sniper who one shots your 65% mitigation armor and also yourself for everything it had..

Or the fact that if you get together with another person you can smg the hell out of lowbies all day long. 1 burst = death to them.

I personally gave the DZ 100 or so of my hours to come to this conclusion. Did I have fun? Rarely. But that's why junkies do smack. The short bursts of fun are lead by HOURS of garbage loot...terrible mechanics....weird wall walking mobs that somehow stalk you for pretty much the entire time they spawn...in the sky...

Then you got the chinese hacker problems....

Point is your optimal situational suggestions don't matter in application. The world of The Division doesn't work like your perfect situations.

Facts are most go in solo or duo...get wiped by murder squads ....over and over regardless of yellow bag showing or not.....regardless of no extraction....or POI...they just kill to be dicks which is fine....when it's not from a roof top 506804 meters away and you mitigate the max amount of dmg possible with over heals etc..

Burn those rose tinted glasses kids they'll make you color blind.

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    I'm just relating my experience. To repeat, I didn't experience anything like you described.

But I suppose this is meaningless because while I like The Division, I have discovered I like Dark Souls III much better. 
  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Wow the op clearly has never played the division. 

why is it balancing is really this hard? rogue status should mean more. before nobody was going rogue because they were dropping 40% of their cash and 1 level of xp. now its a slap with a feather. why is it always hugely polarizing for these game companys to just get it right the second time? take the first way it was and cut it in half, done. 

I play DZ for about 3mins to count all the skulls near me. then I log off and go play a different game.

• heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    Remember when I said that Ubisoft/Massive would just be the next victim in a long, long line of games that tried to do OWPvP in a stat based game and failed?

I do. 

I saw the problems coming with the DZ back when I first read the details in some pre-beta interview.

Division has become a "log in once a week to do the Incursion once" kind of game. Even Destiny I get more play time out of these days.

Yet another dev studio new to the MMO scene (pseudo MMO, whatever who cares) that doesn't/didn't learn ANYTHING from the decade + of MMO games before it.
    Ubisoft/Massive really need to fix grouping it is killing the game cue up for a group on a mission get there mission won't start, sometimes it takes half an hour of quitting groups and joining a new one and you get get the mission working.
    Then there are mission like the napalm plant that when you start it get to first tank and it will not blow up stopping any progress this should NOT be like this on a finished product very unprofessional for having so many glaring bugs how does this get by QA unless they don't test it in house.
    Even worse dailies sometimes will not change or work at all till the server is reset i like to grind challenging missions but the bugs prevent me from playing in groups.
    I have ran 400 challenging missions and have yet to see a set part drop i get the same high end crap over and over again, have killed close to a thousand mobs in the dark zone and have not got any set pieces i have about 210 scavenging.

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    The problem (at least for the PC), are the exploits and hacks. Then combine that with the realization that Ubisoft doesn't ban these people and you have a whirlwind of crap.

Why is this a problem? Because the DZ is filled with either hackers or exploiters. So for everyone who didn't exploit or hack, they are running around with 190-200+ gear ranking trying to fight invincible hackers or invincible exploiters in 240+ gear.

So just ignore the DZ? Well, all great. However, the incursions (The only way to gear up in this game) were almost created just for exploiting and hacking. They are so stupidly difficult that you either need +40 gear levels on the incursion or you need to hack/exploit the map to win. The real issue in all of this, is that they don't BAN the exploiters and hackers. These people get 3 day bans, but keep in mind that the exploits and hacks gave them months worth of work.

I uninstalled and haven't looked back. Another game that was ruined by incompetent game developers. This is Archeage all over again.
    I'm at 194 gear score, have 3 pieces of the nomad, most of the time run solo in DZ. haven't done any Falcons Lost yet. watch the video. seems really easy from the mid point. the ps4 plethora of players going rogue left and right keeps my head on a pivet. currently at 156k dps 78k life and 10k skill power. will need to runs falcons lost at some point this weekend. I still love this game and have played it longer than most.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Once the RMT'ers set up shop (the post above me offering Division credits for sale), the game changes significantly... for the worst.