Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darksouls 3 is awesome

YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
Just got it today on the ps4, and so far it is magnificent. I have the Japanese version and while the subtitles and menus are in Japanese the voice overs are in English so its actually quite easy to follow; anyone who has played a DS game before could probably play it fine even if you don't read Japanese.

The game feels a lot smoother than DarkSouls (I haven't played DS2) in terms of the way my character and enemies move and attack. The UI and menus seem more intuitive than Bloodborne, and the enemy animations are clearer (imo). Anyone looking for a bit of a challenging, dark, dungeon crawl should think about picking it up (although, underline challenging).

Anyway, back to getting my arse kicked.

Comments

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Thanks for the report, Yasha. I am looking forward to the NA release, and the trailer released recently got me hyped like crazy. Don't wanna spoil anything by watching Twitch streams, so my only real look at the gameplay up to now is from the gameplay vids they put out.
  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    Curious about framerate dip on the PS4 ? Bought it both for the PS4 and for the PC as have a PS4 pretty much just for Bloodborne and Blu-Ray but wanted to give it a go on that in addition to the PC.

Wondered if it seems to hold 30 fps most of the time ?

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Dahkoht said:
    Curious about framerate dip on the PS4 ? Bought it both for the PS4 and for the PC as have a PS4 pretty much just for Bloodborne and Blu-Ray but wanted to give it a go on that in addition to the PC.

I don't have any way to monitor the framerate on my ps4, but so far it feels smooth - I haven't noticed any glitches, slowdown, or other such problems.

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    PS4 is v-synced to 30 fps but X1 has drops to 20 fps. 
    I'll wait for English version anyway as I am finishing my farewell round of Bloodborne. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Really looking forward to this!
    YashaX said:
    Dahkoht said:

I don't have any way to monitor the framerate on my ps4, but so far it feels smooth - I haven't noticed any glitches, slowdown, or other such problems.

Nice , looking forward to it on both platforms (my kids like watching Bloodborne on the big screen so I know they will like watching this on the PS4 too )

Dahkoht said:
    YashaX said:
    Dahkoht said:

Nice , looking forward to it on both platforms (my kids like watching Bloodborne on the big screen so I know they will like watching this on the PS4 too )

Bloodborne on a big screen for kids. 
    You remind me of my own dad taking me to The Exorcist when I was 5. Don't worry, I turned out just fine. *chainsaw sound in the background 
    Saw the same when I was 7 or so , along with the Shining , Salems Lot and so on. My kids fav movie when they were 4 and 6 was world war z. 

Just never had a problem with scary movies as a kid , enjoyed them , figure no reason to deprive them either :)
    Dahkoht said:
    Saw the same when I was 7 or so , along with the Shining , Salems Lot and so on. My kids fav movie when they were 4 and 6 was world war z. 

Just never had a problem with scary movies as a kid , enjoyed them , figure no reason to deprive them either :)
    Hold on a sec, let me wash off all this blood first.
    Alright, well apparently it's been proven that it is in your genes to either find the scary movies horrifying or silly. 
    The Shining I had no problems with, but try to watch Kwaidan as a kid. :| o.O